Dual Battery Mod

This is what I know the GL300A binded to the new p3A with boosted itelite.i have gone 6.38 miles.good signal both ways.could have gone father but cold weather not gettin my fly time..

Reactions: Ed209
My understanding is that the bird side antenna mod and the battery mod are mutually exclusive. At least that is what Tony at FPVLR told me. Increased video range is of little use without the extended battery range from adding supplemental batteries.

That makes sense. I'm curious to test the range on the GLA300A with boosted FPVLR v2. It's unclear how the added gain of the FPVLR v2 makes up for the bird side power reduction on the W323A. For my purpose, I wanted the P3A with new motors strictly for distance record attempts. I'll keep the P3P W323 and bind it to the GLA300B stock for normal flying and FPV...Omni-directional antennas would be a must for me when flying FPV.

This is what I know the GL300A binded to the new p3A with boosted itelite.i have gone 6.38 miles.good signal both ways.could have gone father but cold weather not gettin my fly time..

Well that's good news :)

If Im understanding this correctly, the later model controllers are affecting the video range? I have installed the boosted V2 and today finished with the dual battery mod....The only thing I will do, is the air side mod, but only if what I have now, doesn't give me the range I'm looking for. I think the video power reduction was the result of some of the later firmware updates...

That makes sense. I'm curious to test the range on the GLA300A with boosted FPVLR v2. It's unclear how the added gain of the FPVLR v2 makes up for the bird side power reduction on the W323A. For my purpose, I wanted the P3A with new motors strictly for distance record attempts. I'll keep the P3P W323 and bind it to the GLA300B stock for normal flying and FPV...Omni-directional antennas would be a must for me when flying FPV.

Well that's good news :)
Having owned and operated both birds with the FPVLR v2 on the GLA 300A, the control range is the same but the video signal feed reliability is reduced by about 20%, reflecting the 18% reduction in video power output from the W323A bird over the W323 bird.

If Im understanding this correctly, the later model controllers are affecting the video range? I have installed the boosted V2 and today finished with the dual battery mod....The only thing I will do, is the air side mod, but only if what I have now, doesn't give me the range I'm looking for. I think the video power reduction was the result of some of the later firmware updates...
It's primarily the video output power on the aircraft which has been incrementally reduced with each iteration from the 323 to the 323A (18% reduction from the 323) to the 323B (30% reduction from the 323), although the C version of the transmitter has also seen a reduction in transmitter control power, while the A and B versions are the same. To my knowledge, no firmware updates are involved. Supposedly, the air side mod is incompatible (not enough room) with the dual battery mod. Both use the same plate, leaving insufficient room for the other.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed a difference in range between GL300A and B for the P3? The new C seems to have less power, according to posts, but what about A vs B?
A and B are the same power output. C is reduced. Just check the FCC site for under the documention for each different FCC number.

I think I read about that...You were talking to the guy who spoke with DJI reps at CES in another thread?
Yes, I was the one. :cool: Under the "perfect storm" conditions, the battery shut off in mid air has been around before 1.5, perhaps even all along. Just be sure to top off all batteries before using them (especially if any of them are in a self-discharge state), and let the battery warm up at idle to above 70°F before lift off, and don't use full throttle until the battery has warmed up further. I violated all 3 at once! :eek:

Last edited:
No, but under the "perfect storm" conditions, the battery shut off in mid air has been around before 1.5, perhaps even all along. Just be sure to top off all batteries before using them (especially if any of them are in a self-discharge state), and let the battery warm up at idle to above 70°F before lift off, and don't use full throttle until the battery has warmed up further. I violated all 3 at once! :eek:

Yup. My discharge is set to 2 days so I pretty much always have to charge them. Then I always top off before setting out. My c1 is set to battery so I monitor closely. In case you didn't read it or for someone else who didn't know:

Found the post for anyone who doesn't know of this. Seems pretty legit to me.
80 to 90% battery level takeoff is triggering outrage

Yup. My discharge is set to 2 days so I pretty much always have to charge them. Then I always top off before setting out. My c1 is set to battery so I monitor closely. In case you didn't read it or for someone else who didn't know:

Found the post for anyone who doesn't know of this. Seems pretty legit to me.
80 to 90% battery level takeoff is triggering outrage
Indeed, that was me in the other thread you just cited. :cool:

The way i understood it was both antennas send and receive, one IS for control, one is video. Dbs & fpvlr said it didnt matter which antenna wire you hook up to which controller plug but i've found i cant switch around i get less crosstalk interference with them place on a certain side.
Which side do you have the video on and which side do you have the control on for best results?

The stock antennas are left for control and right for video.
However, when Paul did my FPVLR v2, the video is now on the left and the control is now on the right, which is reversed from stock.
Is that what you have found is best, or would you recommend switching them back to the same respective sides as the stock antennas?

Let the good times roll!! What kind of fly time ru getting with the 2400,what ru charging at and ur go app what% do u land at thax

Bad weather, just inside hovering and breaking in the hyperions to 50%. tested both, 1800 and 2400. I think there is not much difference between those 2 but will test more during the weekend..

20160219_082100.jpg
20160219_083916.jpg

Hey guys I really need some help . I got my bird back from tony and now the amp is on the correct antenna but now all four of my stich antennas have been replaced with sma connections. I'm trying to figure which type and orientation will get the best results . Thank you in advance!

Hey guys I really need some help . I got my bird back from tony and now the amp is on the correct antenna but now all four of my stich antennas have been replaced with sma connections. I'm trying to figure which type and orientation will get the best results . Thank you in advance!
First thing I would do is replace the control antennas back to the stock units! 2.4 control antennas on the phantom three and phantom two don't have much room for improvement. If you're using the itelite panel you can try Tony's dipole. That's a good combo I don't think it's going to be better than the stock antennas though for control.
Believe me nobody's more obsessed with distance, battery life and long-range flying than I am, but I will be staying away from the bird side amp

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
Hey 13, the dipole in yer pic is not positioned correctly. Dipoles should run straight out from body with the top or T section of dipole running from feet to topshell( if that make sense) they shouldnt be angled down at all but no more than 30% .
Also it would be wise if you could get dipoles and pinwheels caticorner to each other one on each leg bracket instead of (2) on one leg.
Yeah, you got a hot mess goin there. I assume you have no Birdside booster now?message me your results

Yeah definitely a mess and not what I wanted. I had tony move the amp to the inside of the bird. When I sent my bird the first time tony told me he could keep all the stock antennas on the bird but he then told me it would be best to replace 2 of the stock antennas. But my bird ended up with three non stock antennas when I got it back. Then he put the amp on the wrong antenna so I sent it back a second time and now it came back with all 4 stock antennas replaced. I wish I had never messed with it. It's been too windy to test it out yet with the amp on the correct antenna. So the dipoles should be horizontal with the ground ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl