Dual Battery Mod

And for some reason I have 3 antennas on one side now too. Ridiculous

Who did all that to your bird ? Did you ask for it to be done ? Sorry I was having a tough time following.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

And I'll be willing to look past the cluster f $! $! If my bird is better than it was before the air side mod. But my range was easily over 4 miles with just the boosted dbs antenna and battery mod before I started this air side amp mod

And I'll be willing to look past the cluster f $! $! If my bird is better than it was before the air side mod. But my range was easily over 4 miles with just the boosted dbs antenna and battery mod before I started this air side amp mod

I'm sure you probably have but did you ask tony why he did this ? I feel like I'm missing something. Have you been out to test it ? And if not , why not?

So the dipoles should be horizontal with the ground ?

Yep, like you was holding your arms straight out from your sides!
With the "tips" going top to bottom. You can angle little little bit from straight out but no more than 30% and keep the tips facing top to bottom. This is from the maker himself(whom you are obviously going to have a hard time believing at this point) and from my own experiences trying the many different ways

Tony from fpvlr.com did all the work and it's not what I wanted
Yea it wont fit in the case now. I have 3 antennas on mine now, I have to mod my case. I would like to see some close up pics of that bird. I will try and get some of mine this weekend.
OK.
I just saw your pics. I was using the same antennas , and did not work well for me. I have gone to CP antennas now.

Last edited:
I'm sure you probably have but did you ask tony why he did this ? I feel like I'm missing something. Have you been out to test it ? And if not , why not?

Yeah I sent tony a message . I just got it back last night and I have been charging everything up and of course lexington ky has 30 mph winds today and 50 mph gusts. So I haven't had a chance to test it yet. So hopefully it will work perfectly

Yeah I sent tony a message . I just got it back last night and I have been charging everything up and of course lexington ky has 30 mph winds today and 50 mph gusts. So I haven't had a chance to test it yet. So hopefully it will work perfectly

I just don't understand. I get great range with my DBS mod and stock bird.

If you have 4 miles without all this crap, why pay someone to void all your warranties? If you had the Battery Mod your distance is already greater than your improved battery life right?

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
I think I got the dipoles in a better position . Now if just this wind will die down.

Attachments

• 1455897794800.jpg
    1455897794800.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 360
  • 1455897819800.jpg
    1455897819800.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 327
Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV

Ah, until you fly it we must reserve judgement!! Maybe tony hooked you up and you owe him a thank you for the free upgrade !! Can't wait to hear how she flys !!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: phantom13flyer
The position is not that critical so long as they remain vertical.

Dipoles are considered omni-directional and thus have equal radiation on all sides (except top and bottom, i.e. tips).

Having said that the body of the quad could create a 'shadow' when between the Tx and Rx antenna(s) but given it's mostly plastic that's negligible except at extreme distance.

Last edited:
Reactions: phantom13flyer
Ah, until you fly it we must reserve judgement!! Maybe tony hooked you up and you owe him a thank you for the free upgrade !! Can't wait to hear how she flys !!!

Yeah absolutely! ! Tony has been helpful and he said it wasn't easy to get the amp to the inside which he did for free. So I'm really hoping the results are amazing . It looks like tomorrow I'll be able to test it out.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
Yeah absolutely! ! Tony has been helpful and he said it wasn't easy to get the amp to the inside which he did for free. So I'm really hoping the results are amazing . It looks like tomorrow I'll be able to test it out.
That was the easy part for me. I put the amp inside. If you have the amp outside there is no room fore any thing else.
Cant wait to see your results.

The position is not that critical so long as they remain vertical.

Having said that the body of the quad could create a 'shadow' when between the Tx and Rx antenna(s) .

Yeah, i'd be concerned with the shadow also because we are doing this for long-distance. And it looks like you have two video antennas on the same side of the bird at some point either coming or going that's going to cause a problem ,maybe negligible, but from what I understand you're trying to go past your 4 miles that you was going without the mod!
It's ideal to have one video on front corner one on back corner but opposite sides and same with control

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Yeah, i'd be concerned with the shadow also because we are doing this for long-distance. And it looks like you have two video antennas on the same side of the bird at some point either coming or going that's going to cause a problem ,maybe negligible, but from what I understand you're trying to go past your 4 miles that you was going without the mod!
It's ideal to have one video on front corner one on back corner but opposite sides and same with control

This makes the most sense,
Regardless of which side you are facing you have both video & control. Minimizing any RF shadows or dead spots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna