DSLR Pros Back Under New Management!

It would be interesting getting zoom to work/look right on a Phantom. Digital vs. Optical. Time will tell!
Absolutely NOT digital. Thats crap. You can to that in most post production apps. All it does is pre-crop the image. Optical zoom is far superior in quality.

How about an attachable lens adapter (like the current flock of ND), that adds a fixed zoom. The standard lens is 94 degrees I think and thats close to a standard 18mm lens(100mm). A high quality fixed magnifier that narrows it (zooms in) to say 60 (roughly like a 35mm) or even 45 (roughly like 50mm) degrees would be a stopgap and give people substantially more options than they have now. We could attach whichever one we wanted before flight.

I haven't used them in years because I have macro lenses ($1k +) but I have a set of screw on (attaches to filter ring) closeup lenses. That sort of thing only not closeup focus but for magnification.

Variable zooms are heavy, I get that. The fixed zoom adapter would be lighter and cheaper.

Reactions: Reed L and DSLRPros
I would love to see you guys open a repair shop for dji products! Theres only a handful of people who actually repair and I would like to see you guys as one of them.

Reactions: DSLRPros
Absolutely NOT digital. Thats crap. You can to that in most post production apps. All it does is pre-crop the image. Optical zoom is far superior in quality.

How about an attachable lens adapter (like the current flock of ND), that adds a fixed zoom. The standard lens is 94 degrees I think and thats close to a standard 18mm lens(100mm). A high quality fixed magnifier that narrows it (zooms in) to say 60 (roughly like a 35mm) or even 45 (roughly like 50mm) degrees would be a stopgap and give people substantially more options than they have now. We could attach whichever one we wanted before flight.

I haven't used them in years because I have macro lenses ($1k +) but I have a set of screw on (attaches to filter ring) closeup lenses. That sort of thing only not closeup focus but for magnification.

Variable zooms are heavy, I get that. The fixed zoom adapter would be lighter and cheaper.
I agree with your Wolfiesden that optical zoom is much more superior to digital zoom. I do like your idea though. Being able to change up the "focal length" would be a pretty cool idea.

I would love to see you guys open a repair shop for dji products! Theres only a handful of people who actually repair and I would like to see you guys as one of them.
Solid idea mountaindr3wz. We will definitely be looking into this. Thank you!
Can you get that done this week? :) I have a bird that I received on Tuesday and on Wednesday the camera is DOA on.

Can you get that done this week? :) I have a bird that I received on Tuesday and on Wednesday the camera is DOA on.
It will take some time to get everything in place, while I can't take accept a shipment to fix your drone now, do send us an email. Maybe we can try some troubleshooting to see what we can do to fix it if possible. Email us at [email protected].

I would love to see more bundles and more modded phantoms, like the good old days when DSLPro was my go to for Anything DJI/Phantoms.

We do have some bundles and mods in the works currently. We should see them popping up in the near future. :) We hope to be that destination once again in the future!
Great news!! I will defntly go back to DSRLpro for my next DJI/Drone/Camera purchase..

1st class customer care including contact should any problems arise,
some way to speak to someone out on hours would be good (until 8pm ?)
no empty promises of "its in the post"

1st class customer care including contact should any problems arise,
some way to speak to someone out on hours would be good (until 8pm ?)
no empty promises of "its in the post"
Have customer service that gets back to us within 24 hours. That is all I care about. I want to be heard
Customer service is our topmost priority. Avenues such as social media are great to give customers other ways to reach out to us. We've been having great success reaching out to customers via Facebook.

Good luck with the new business and to the new CEO!
Just browsing your webpage I can offer three suggestions:
-More products, mainly accessories. You have 43 products for 8 different DJI models. It looks like you guys might only sell DJI setups, so you've got all the models covered...the only way to go is more accessories, which leads to my next suggestion

-Better organization and navigation through your products. With the recent sale and price drop across DJI models, it seems you may get a lot of customers, like myself, who only have one model of DJI drones. Personally, I dont want to waste my time scrolling through products that dont even apply to my model drone. Create subcategories under the "DJI Products" navigation menu, and have "DJI Inspire", "DJI S1000+", "DJI Phantom Vision", etc, as those subcategories. Also have a generic accessories page that is not DJI model specific

-You greatest margins are going to be on service related services rather than product, especially if you're selling genuine DJI products. Consider opening up a service center. Just from what I've read, it seems like DJI is referring people back to their retailer and/or service center more and more.

Hope that helps! Good luck, DSLR Pros!

Pick me! Pick me!

Do you know ifixit.com? It's a wiki-based site that teaches people how to fix almost anything. Anyone can create a repair manual for a device, and anyone can also edit the existing set of manuals to improve them. You could create a seperate section on your webpage built upon the same principle as ifixit - the only difference being that this section should contain drone repair guides only. I'm pretty sure this will satisfy a lot of drone enthusiasts who's tired of surfing through 1000 webpages to find the correct repair guide. Thank you for all your efforts in the drone industry!
Best regards,
Jorgen, DK

i would like to see you be honest with the people.
tell them the truth on what is going on with there order.

Let us know what you’d like to see from DSLR Pros. What can we do to help forward the community? What types of interesting products would you like to see?

I haven't found a really reliable, fun, highly accessible knowledge base for Phantom products as yet. Too much scattered information. For example, finding out about ND filters took hours. Given their importance, I would have thought this information prominent. And as for the choice on the market - pretty poor. I ended up buying some custom made filters from a member in this community, and they are amazing. So as for products, ND filters have massive potential. As for a product knowledge base, the potential for leading authorities in the field of aerial to emerge is ripe (I would prefer most information by video and not text. Video is the future, right?!). I've clearly taken myself out of the running for the kit with the Polar Pro filters - but would love a battery...!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good luck with the new business and to the new CEO!
Just browsing your webpage I can offer three suggestions:
-More products, mainly accessories. You have 43 products for 8 different DJI models. It looks like you guys might only sell DJI setups, so you've got all the models covered...the only way to go is more accessories, which leads to my next suggestion

-Better organization and navigation through your products. With the recent sale and price drop across DJI models, it seems you may get a lot of customers, like myself, who only have one model of DJI drones. Personally, I dont want to waste my time scrolling through products that dont even apply to my model drone. Create subcategories under the "DJI Products" navigation menu, and have "DJI Inspire", "DJI S1000+", "DJI Phantom Vision", etc, as those subcategories. Also have a generic accessories page that is not DJI model specific

-You greatest margins are going to be on service related services rather than product, especially if you're selling genuine DJI products. Consider opening up a service center. Just from what I've read, it seems like DJI is referring people back to their retailer and/or service center more and more.

Hope that helps! Good luck, DSLR Pros!

Pick me! Pick me!
Thanks for the feedback KDFrosty. I agree that the navigation can be fixed up. That is definitely something we are changing within the coming days.

Do you know ifixit.com? It's a wiki-based site that teaches people how to fix almost anything. Anyone can create a repair manual for a device, and anyone can also edit the existing set of manuals to improve them. You could create a seperate section on your webpage built upon the same principle as ifixit - the only difference being that this section should contain drone repair guides only. I'm pretty sure this will satisfy a lot of drone enthusiasts who's tired of surfing through 1000 webpages to find the correct repair guide. Thank you for all your efforts in the drone industry!
Best regards,
Jorgen, DK
Thanks for sharing ifixit.com! Very cool site. We will dig through it.

i would like to see you be honest with the people.
tell them the truth on what is going on with there order.
Absolutely. We are committed to excellent customer service as well as running on an open, transparent business. We know that trust and respect is needed on both sides for a business to run right. Hopefully the blog post by our CEO is an open window into our commitment to openness.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18