New Tablet

Shawgod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I currently am having troubles getting my iPad mini 6 working with my P4P. This has been going on for a long time. I have been waiting for DJI to come up with a fix for this. This is a message that I sent them on the DJI Forum pages:
I know that in the past I have asked DJI many times for compatibility for the iPad mini 6 which uses a USB C compatilbility. I was curious if you had any updates for this yet? It has been a long time since I have brought this up. With the Iphone 15 coming out soon with a USB C port rumored to be the charging/Data port you may want to get this fixed. Because the problem seems to be a port problem and not a software problem. I know this because I used a Ipad 5 which uses a lightning port briefly and the IPadOS 16.6 which is the latest OS for it. The only difference betweek the two was the port between the two. Right now the only way I can use the Phantom 4 Pro is using my Iphone 14 Pro Max which has a lightning port. Like I said the Iphone 15 is rumored to come out with a USB C, that would make the Iphone incompatible with the Phantom 4 Pro. I don't know if you want to let this happen. I have also tried this on my Ipad Pro 12.9" that uses the USB C port as well and it doesn't work either. So I don't know what to do, and I don't plan to purchase legacy products.
So their response was to send me a list of severely outdated list of devices that work with the P4P. I need to know what will work. I currently use a iPhone 14 Pro max and it works fine like I said above. Even if I have to go to android I will.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
I'd just bought the iPad Mini 6 only to find it wouldn't work with my P4p. I tried USB-C to USB adaptors that others recommended, didn't work with the P4p V1. I returned the Mini 6 and bought a Mini 5.

Reactions: Capt KO
Still using mini 4 with GO4 but doesn't work with FLY app. Almost bought mini 6 but glad I got a mini 5 instead, needs a sun shield but it works well with either app.

It sounds like I need to go with a iPad mini 5 then.

I'd just bought the iPad Mini 6 only to find it wouldn't work with my P4p. I tried USB-C to USB adaptors that others recommended, didn't work with the P4p V1. I returned the Mini 6 and bought a Mini 5.

My CrystalSky works very well with the P4P v1, but it and the P4P RC make for a heavy rig.

[B]cneedelman[/B], can you confirm your iPad Mini 5 works with the P4P v1?

Yes the Mini 5 works with my P4P V1 using Go4 and my Air2s Using DJI Fly. The reason I bought the Mini 6 was because the Air2s using DJI Fly wouldn't work with the Mini 4...only to find out that the P4P V1 wouldn't work with the Mini 6, so I took it back to Apple and bought a Mini 5 which works with both drones. I hope this is not too confusing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wavepilot
Yes the Mini 5 works with my P4P V1 using Go4 and my Air2s Using DJI Fly. The reason I bought the Mini 6 was because the Air2s using DJI Fly wouldn't work with the Mini 4...only to find out that the P4P V1 wouldn't work with the Mini 6, so I took it back to Apple and bought a Mini 5 which works with both drones. I hope this is too confusing.
Understood - thank you. I was about to buy an iPad Mini 6 for my P4Ps and Air 2S because of the screen's brightness, but it sounds like you saved me some grief!

Understood - thank you. I was about to buy an iPad Mini 6 for my P4Ps and Air 2S because of the screen's brightness, but it sounds like you saved me some grief!
Yep known issue Mini 6 doesn't work at all with the Mini 6. Some people claim they have gotten it to work but I haven't seen any proof. I have bought a lot of specific cables and adapters they have claimed they bought to get it to work. Only to find out I was unable to get it to work.

Yes the Mini 5 works with my P4P V1 using Go4 and my Air2s Using DJI Fly. The reason I bought the Mini 6 was because the Air2s using DJI Fly wouldn't work with the Mini 4...only to find out that the P4P V1 wouldn't work with the Mini 6, so I took it back to Apple and bought a Mini 5 which works with both drones. I hope this is too confusing.
Your hope has been fulfilled. This is confusing.

I currently am having troubles getting my iPad mini 6 working with my P4P. This has been going on for a long time. I have been waiting for DJI to come up with a fix for this. This is a message that I sent them on the DJI Forum pages:
I know that in the past I have asked DJI many times for compatibility for the iPad mini 6 which uses a USB C compatilbility. I was curious if you had any updates for this yet? It has been a long time since I have brought this up. With the Iphone 15 coming out soon with a USB C port rumored to be the charging/Data port you may want to get this fixed. Because the problem seems to be a port problem and not a software problem. I know this because I used a Ipad 5 which uses a lightning port briefly and the IPadOS 16.6 which is the latest OS for it. The only difference betweek the two was the port between the two. Right now the only way I can use the Phantom 4 Pro is using my Iphone 14 Pro Max which has a lightning port. Like I said the Iphone 15 is rumored to come out with a USB C, that would make the Iphone incompatible with the Phantom 4 Pro. I don't know if you want to let this happen. I have also tried this on my Ipad Pro 12.9" that uses the USB C port as well and it doesn't work either. So I don't know what to do, and I don't plan to purchase legacy products. Nox Vidmate VLC
So their response was to send me a list of severely outdated list of devices that work with the P4P. I need to know what will work. I currently use a iPhone 14 Pro max and it works fine like I said above. Even if I have to go to android I will.
I love my Crystal Sky monitor.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl