DSLR Pros Back Under New Management!

I haven't found a really reliable, fun, highly accessible knowledge base for Phantom products as yet. Too much scattered information. For example, finding out about ND filters took hours. Given their importance, I would have thought this information prominent. And as for the choice on the market - pretty poor. I ended up buying some custom made filters from a member in this community, and they are amazing. So as for products, ND filters have massive potential. As for a product knowledge base, the potential for leading authorities in the field of aerial to emerge is ripe (I would prefer most information by video and not text. Video is the future, right?!). I've clearly taken myself out of the running for the kit with the Polar Pro filters - but would love a battery...!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thanks for the feedback Grae. One can never have enough filters though right? ;)

Reactions: Grae
Hi Anthony,

I would like to see a magnifying lens !

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: DSLRPros
I am a new Phantom owner and not aware of the past issues, but my when first seeing the name of the company it does not bring to mind the go-to place for Phantom hardware and accessories. But the Phantom is first an excellent aerial photography platform and then a drone "toy", so that makes sense if your primary focus is maximizing the video/photo capabilities with a concise selection of the top accessories with information that makes it easy to choose and utilize them.

It will be hard to beat Amazon for breadth and free shipping (since they seem to be willing to lose money for market share), but I am willing to support a vendor that adds real additional value to the customer relationship so I don't need easy returns of stuff that isn't what I expected in the first place.

I am a new Phantom owner and not aware of the past issues, but my when first seeing the name of the company it does not bring to mind the go-to place for Phantom hardware and accessories. But the Phantom is first an excellent aerial photography platform and then a drone "toy", so that makes sense if your primary focus is maximizing the video/photo capabilities with a concise selection of the top accessories with information that makes it easy to choose and utilize them.

It will be hard to beat Amazon for breadth and free shipping (since they seem to be willing to lose money for market share), but I am willing to support a vendor that adds real additional value to the customer relationship so I don't need easy returns of stuff that isn't what I expected in the first place.

Thank you for your feedback RocketBrew. While we are carrying many DJI products at this moment, we do intend to have a lot more options for customers. You'll be able to come through and pick up what's needed from parts to cameras to drones to filming equipment.

We certainly know we can't compete with Amazon on a lot of levels, but we do strive to offer the best customer service as well as innovative products. Be sure to check out our next thread next week on Monday at 1pm PST to share more about what we hope to achieve. Great feedback though, thank you. :)

Hey guys !!! Wishing you all the best !!! The best advice I can give you is to keep customer service a top priority !! People aren't afraid to spend money where they feel valued ! Kick some *** guys !!!!

Hello DSLRPros!
Firstly, I am glad to see you are under new management and look forward to seeing what your company will have to offer in the future. As far as what I would love to see from you guys is simple; quality products and good prices. I would love to see more kits containing batteries, filters, propellors, tablet sunshades, and other popular Phantom accessories. If it were possible, a kit in which you get a list of accessories to choose from, and get a greater total discount as you selected them would be both cost beneficial, and provide a new outlet for consumers that no one has really seen before. In order to help the community, it would be absolutely awesome to see a thread on here where you have people dedicated to helping out fellow pilots with issues they may be facing with their equipment. I think that having that aspect of a relationship with the consumer is one that is often overlooked by many companies, especially larger ones, and seeing something like that from you guys would be incredible! As far as interesting products that I would like to see, there is plenty of "floatation" devices out there, but there are none that have really caught my eye as being user-friendly, attractive, and effective all at once. If you guys over at DSLRPros could conjure up something that can accomplish this, I think it would receive very high praise in not only the Phantom, but also in the drone industry as a whole.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post,
Cody G.

I think video reviews of everything sold. When buying aftermarket parts its hard to be confident that what your buying is quality and usable in the way intended. If we see your folks actually installing and using the products then i think it would instill some confidence that the product will actually work instead of having to take a leap of faith or find the guinea pig on the forums who bought it first and reported on it.

Really glad to hear you guys are continuing the great work,
would also like to see package deals, and more accessories,
cheaper batteries, better flow of web page, and a breakdown
of repair services...

Maybe for us Phantom 2 Vision + owners you could come up with a new gimbal camera combo, or a less expensive quick change dock to allow us to change the camera

Hello DSLRPros!
Firstly, I am glad to see you are under new management and look forward to seeing what your company will have to offer in the future. As far as what I would love to see from you guys is simple; quality products and good prices. I would love to see more kits containing batteries, filters, propellors, tablet sunshades, and other popular Phantom accessories. If it were possible, a kit in which you get a list of accessories to choose from, and get a greater total discount as you selected them would be both cost beneficial, and provide a new outlet for consumers that no one has really seen before. In order to help the community, it would be absolutely awesome to see a thread on here where you have people dedicated to helping out fellow pilots with issues they may be facing with their equipment. I think that having that aspect of a relationship with the consumer is one that is often overlooked by many companies, especially larger ones, and seeing something like that from you guys would be incredible! As far as interesting products that I would like to see, there is plenty of "floatation" devices out there, but there are none that have really caught my eye as being user-friendly, attractive, and effective all at once. If you guys over at DSLRPros could conjure up something that can accomplish this, I think it would receive very high praise in not only the Phantom, but also in the drone industry as a whole.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post,
Cody G.
Thanks for the feedback codygrkman! Great idea about the kits. :)

I think video reviews of everything sold. When buying aftermarket parts its hard to be confident that what your buying is quality and usable in the way intended. If we see your folks actually installing and using the products then i think it would instill some confidence that the product will actually work instead of having to take a leap of faith or find the guinea pig on the forums who bought it first and reported on it.
Great idea ApexP3Pilot! Definitely going to try working on this.
Really glad to hear you guys are continuing the great work,
would also like to see package deals, and more accessories,
cheaper batteries, better flow of web page, and a breakdown
of repair services...
Thank you for the feedback qiubicfit!

Maybe for us Phantom 2 Vision + owners you could come up with a new gimbal camera combo, or a less expensive quick change dock to allow us to change the camera
Great idea Bogwan. I know there are still many Phantom 2 pilots in general. Continued support would be very good.

The website looks really good (from a computer). The Mobile version also looks good but the link to the Phantom 3 Standard is not working.

How about new landing gears for the Phantom that have shock absorbers? They would not have to be longer than stock and they would not have to have much travel.
The movement could take place below the factory antennas. It might help in those hard landings that break gimbals.

I wish you and the DLSRPros team the best of luck.

The website looks really good (from a computer). The Mobile version also looks good but the link to the Phantom 3 Standard is not working.

How about new landing gears for the Phantom that have shock absorbers? They would not have to be longer than stock and they would not have to have much travel.
The movement could take place below the factory antennas. It might help in those hard landings that break gimbals.

I wish you and the DLSRPros team the best of luck.
Thank you for the support GregWV! Thank you for the site design, we are definitely always working to improve. Great idea though, we will look into it!

More stock as I'm seeing too many 'Out of Stock' notices, shipping calculator/guest checkout so I don't have to register to get a shipping estimate and continued custom items as you're likely not going to beat anything for convience that's also available from Amazon

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl