DSLR Pros Back Under New Management!

Hello Phantom Pilots Forum Members,

My name is Anthony and I am part of the team at DSLR Pros. We are a brand new company and we’ve been going through some major changes. Our CEO, Mike Zaya, posted a blog post over on our site to give more details about what’s been going on with DSLR Pros. We really want to help spread the word about what’s been going on with DSLR Pros. Please do give his blog post a read and share your thoughts.

With this post, I want to do 3 things:
  • Introduce ourselves to the Phantom Pilots community.
  • Get your feedback on what you’d like to see from DSLR Pros and do a free giveaway.
  • Set up a future thread where you can speak to us directly.
Some of you may have had previous experiences with the old DSLR Pros, but I do want to express that we are a brand new company. Our plan is to take the aspects which made DSLR Pros great, such as custom kits and modified equipment, and combine it with a solid business background. Our CEO has a history of starting his own companies and making them fantastic. Here's a great interview with him on one of his past companies.

More so than anything else, we’d love to be a member of this community. We’d like to be active and help grow alongside everyone here. We would like to do a giveaway to start things off. One lucky winner will receive from us:

View attachment 41292
1x Phantom 3 Battery Charging Hub, 2x Phantom 3 Intelligent Flight Batteries, 1x 3-Pack of Polar Pro Filters, and 4 Carbon Fiber Propellers (2x CW & 2x CCW)!

All you have to do to enter is reply to this post with a suggestion or comment on how we can improve. Let us know what you’d like to see from DSLR Pros. What can we do to help forward the community? What types of interesting products would you like to see?

Lastly, we’d like to interact with you all personally. We’re going to schedule another thread in the future, in which our CEO, myself, and others will join in and reply to any comments or questions you might have. Please come visit our future thread next Monday January 25, 2016 @ 1pm PST.

Sincerely,

Anthony
New to the phantom pilots good luck! Good service plus guilty products = success.

Reactions: DSLRPros
I like the idea mentioned earlier about video reviews. Anymore I find it easier to watch a video to learn more about a product.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My name is Anthony and I am part of the team at DSLR Pros. We are a brand new company and we’ve been going through some major changes. Our CEO, Mike Zaya, posted a blog post over on our site to give more details about what’s been going on with DSLR Pros. We really want to help spread the word about what’s been going on with DSLR Pros. Please do give his blog post a read and share your thoughts.

• Get your feedback on what you’d like to see from DSLR Pros and do a free giveaway.
Some of you may have had previous experiences with the old DSLR Pros, but I do want to express that we are a brand new company. Our plan is to take the aspects which made DSLR Pros great, such as custom kits and modified equipment, and combine it with a solid business background. Our CEO has a history of starting his own companies and making them fantastic. Here's a great interview with him on one of his past companies.

More so than anything else, we’d love to be a member of this community. We’d like to be active and help grow alongside everyone here. We would like to do a giveaway to start things off. One lucky winner will receive from us:

View attachment 41292
1x Phantom 3 Battery Charging Hub, 2x Phantom 3 Intelligent Flight Batteries, 1x 3-Pack of Polar Pro Filters, and 4 Carbon Fiber Propellers (2x CW & 2x CCW)!

All you have to do to enter is reply to this post with a suggestion or comment on how we can improve. Let us know what you’d like to see from DSLR Pros. What can we do to help forward the community? What types of interesting products would you like to see?

Lastly, we’d like to interact with you all personally. We’re going to schedule another thread in the future, in which our CEO, myself, and others will join in and reply to any comments or questions you might have. Please come visit our future thread next Monday January 25, 2016 @ 1pm PST.

Sincerely,

Anthony

View attachment 41292

Sincerely,

Anthony
Yes Anthony,
I use my current drone for prospecting. I would like the fpv screen to display coordinates so when I take a picture I have the coordinates to go straight to. Thanks Grover

Reactions: Reed L and DSLRPros
Yes Anthony,
I use my current drone for prospecting. I would like the fpv screen to display coordinates so when I take a picture I have the coordinates to go straight to. Thanks Grover

All you prospector's care about is gold and you don't care if you screw up the river look'in for it. Pamela Anderson Say's So, so I know it's gotta be true
evil6.gif
Just ff to 32:48 and listen to her tell the truth about you horrible river murderers.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi Grover :) I just posted this to stir things up a bit. If you go to treasurenet and then to the dredging forum, I posted a little article there just now. I don't think that I can post the link to it here... but it's easy to find. Anyway, when I saw that you're a prospector, I remembered Pam saying this on tv. I've done a little prospecting with my P3 myself. Was flying off of Camels Hump the other day looking at the old diggins in Dutch Flat.

I have purchased several products from DSLR pros. A 3 axis gimbal didn't work out so great for me and support made me upset. The DSLR pelican case is great, thanks.

I hope you are welcomed back into the community and have better success with new management. I'm willing to let bygones be bygones and start fresh.
Thank you for your continued support Noble 1. it means a lot to us. You brought up some really great points and we will try to implement those ideas.

Not to be negative, but my past experiences with DSLRPROS has been very poor. I purchased your premium kit for approx. $2700, and was quickly very disappointed. It did not work correctly as advertised, and all my follow-up efforts with DSLRPROS to correct the problem resulted in even more frustration. I was even told that turning on the diversity receiver with the antenna not attached ruined the receiver, I should have been more careful.....????
If you are truly a new and improved company, suggest you make amends with all the very disappointed customers from the previous managers. I wish you success.
Not a problem at all Oakesm. We're sorry to hear that your previous interactions with the old DSLR Pros didn't go as well as they should have. Before we ever shared what was going on, we started to refund customers who never received product. While we weren't liable to do so, we went ahead and did so anyway. Customer service is extremely important to us and we want to see our customers being taken care of. If you are ever in the market again, please contact us and we'll do our best to show you that DSLR Pros really is a new company.

Reactions: Oakesm
I already replied to this once, but have had several ideas since:
  • do-it-yourself waterproofing kit (if that is possible)
  • landing gear riser/gimbal guard combo
  • retractable landing gear kit with 360 degree gimbal yaw
  • quick-release landing gear (for travel)
  • quick-release gimbal mount
  • fisheye/wide angle lens (screw/clip on)
  • macro lens (screw/clip on)
  • light kits
  • offer 3D printing services for customer's designs
  • affordable trackers
  • range extenders/upgraded antennae
  • combo kits for newbs (SD card, props, spare gimbal cables & screws, case/backpack, extra battery, etc.)
  • extended capacity batteries
  • faster chargers
  • crash kits (shell, landing gear, props, screws, etc)
  • backpacks and hard cases (AFFORDABLE)
  • water landing gear (like small helicopters and seaplanes sometimes have)
  • carbon props
  • pre-dyed/custom colored/logo imprinted props
  • FAA registration badges (and Section 333 Exemption badges)
  • phone number and address badges (weather-resistant)
Thanks for asking your customers for feedback!
Great list DroneDestination! Thank you for putting the time into letting us know.

Thank you all for your suggestions and ideas so far. Please do feel free to keep posting your ideas and suggestions. While multiple posts won't get you multiple prize entries, we do still read them all. :)

I haven't gone thru every single post on here but I'm wondering one thing. Did EVERYONE DSLR Pro's who owed money to get in back? I was following a thread in October - November and their seemed to be a LOT of people who ordered and payed for the 3DR Solo who never got it and never got their money back......

Read the below link

DSLR Pros, Inc. Business Review in Oakland Park, FL - South East Florida BBB

While we weren't liable to do so, we went ahead and did so anyway.

Hi I've been following this thread, up until now I've been impressed with your 'renewed' commitment to customer service; however i have to say this comment above strikes me as quite arrogant. It's basically saying, "we didn't have to honour our commitment to our customers, but we did anyway." If I made a habit of saying this to my clients, I wouldn't have many left. Just my honest opinion, good luck with your endeavour.

Hi I've been following this thread, up until now I've been impressed with your 'renewed' commitment to customer service; however i have to say this comment above strikes me as quite arrogant. It's basically saying, "we didn't have to honour our commitment to our customers, but we did anyway." If I made a habit of saying this to my clients, I wouldn't have many left. Just my honest opinion, good luck with your endeavour.

To me and considering DSLR's Pro past thats a big screw you.

I haven't gone thru every single post on here but I'm wondering one thing. Did EVERYONE DSLR Pro's who owed money to get in back? I was following a thread in October - November and their seemed to be a LOT of people who ordered and payed for the 3DR Solo who never got it and never got their money back......

Read the below link

DSLR Pros, Inc. Business Review in Oakland Park, FL - South East Florida BBB

Hello FASTFJR, thank you for following up. As the new DSLR Pros, we did reach out to everyone through email or phone that was due a refund from the old DSLR Pros. In our article we explained that legally we were not responsible for providing refunds, however we felt it was the right thing to do. We have already disbursed hundreds of thousands of dollars in refunds to those customers from the old DSLR Pros. According to our records we have refunded or sent the product ordered to a high majority of customers (probably 95% of customers are already taken care of). There are a few more complicated cases where 3rd party financing is involved and by this week we should have resolved all those cases with our financing partner. We hope you can appreciate we’re being transparent and direct as possible without disclosing matters too confidential in an open forum like this.

Hello jscope. Thank you for following through and keeping us honest. I apologize for the misunderstanding on our previous post. We certainly don't mean to insinuate to anyone that message at all. Simple I wanted to reiterate that the old DSLR Pros liabilities, while not legally binding to us, we took it upon ourselves to honor regardless. We are absolutely committed to doing the right thing and providing good customer service, which is what led us to refund so many customers. I completely understand where you are coming from and will tighten up our message to be more clear. Thank you for your honesty and support.

To me and considering DSLR's Pro past thats a big screw you.
We are a new company and we are focused on providing better communication and support to all of our customers. We are learning from the past mistakes of the old DSLR Pros and are committed to making things right. After speaking with previous customers and hearing the frustrations they experienced, the last thing we would want to do is be rude to anyone. We've sent out many refunds already and are working on making the new DSLR Pros as great a resource as possible. I thank you for your honesty and openness in sharing how you feel.

Reactions: FASTFJR
We are a new company and we are focused on providing better communication and support to all of our customers. We are learning from the past mistakes of the old DSLR Pros and are committed to making things right. After speaking with previous customers and hearing the frustrations they experienced, the last thing we would want to do is be rude to anyone. We've sent out many refunds already and are working on making the new DSLR Pros as great a resource as possible. I thank you for your honesty and openness in sharing how you feel.

Does anyone from the "Old" DSLR Pro's currently work for you?

I guess I should consider myself lucky after being jerked around for 2 months and then I spent another month getting my refund

Does anyone from the "Old" DSLR Pro's currently work for you?

I guess I should consider myself lucky after being jerked around for 2 months and then I spent another month getting my refund
We do have some employees from the old DSLR Pros. They are not related to management or have any familial relations to anyone. The really passionate employees that made the old DSLR Pros great remained a part of the company to help it grow and continue to come up with creative product ideas.

We do have some employees from the old DSLR Pros. They are not related to management or have any familial relations to anyone. The really passionate employees that made the old DSLR Pros great remained a part of the company to help it grow and continue to come up with creative product ideas.

Really? They moved to CA or are you still based in FL?

I'm always a sucker for something on a weekly sale. I can usually talk my self into buying something that I usually wouldn't. Just bought 2 batteries from Best Buy because they were on sale for $125. If you had them for that price I probably would have tried DSLR pros out. Just a thought on a way to get new customers and keep the old ones spending $. Look forward to shopping with you in the future.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers