DSLR Pros Back Under New Management!

I think waterproof phantoms are really cool and a lot of people would buy them at a good price. I think that an affordable pack of a lot of filters would be a good thing to have. also custom skins for your phantom would be really cool. cheaper batteries or special sales on them would be great, everyone needs batteries but they are very expensive. being only 14 years old it is really hard to come up with the money to afford good accessories. deals are always great!

Reactions: DSLRPros
good thing you guys took care of the hundreds of customers the previous dslrpros management screwed over.

probably shouldve rebranded the name after the whole debacle though.

Last edited:
Keep up a social presence & maintain contact with your customers. I personally would like to see more retractable landing gear options, maybe gear that maintains the stock dimensions (for the sake of case makers) but can also extend to give more stability for landing while still retracting in air.
Good luck with the company and I hope I win!!! I can use those batteries!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

More after-market phantom 3 products would be nice...especially if they help improve performance. Personally I would like some props that are quieter but that's just me.

And of course customer service, warranties, standing behind your products, etc.

Having a broad selection of repair parts in stock and being able to ship overnight would make you unique. Right now, I buy most of my parts through Amazon because because they can get almost any DJI part to me overnight.
Thank you for this idea! Over nighting parts is a great idea, especially for those emergency repair situations.

I think waterproof phantoms are really cool and a lot of people would buy them at a good price. I think that an affordable pack of a lot of filters would be a good thing to have. also custom skins for your phantom would be really cool. cheaper batteries or special sales on them would be great, everyone needs batteries but they are very expensive. being only 14 years old it is really hard to come up with the money to afford good accessories. deals are always great!
These are some great ideas. Thank you ashtonhess!

good thing you guys took care of the hundreds of customers the previous dslrpros management screwed over.

probably shouldve rebranded the name after the whole debacle though.
I agree Jay H, I am glad customers were able to be refunded. I can't speak to it personally, but I think doing the right thing is often more difficult, but will always pay off in the end.

Keep up a social presence & maintain contact with your customers. I personally would like to see more retractable landing gear options, maybe gear that maintains the stock dimensions (for the sake of case makers) but can also extend to give more stability for landing while still retracting in air.
Good luck with the company and I hope I win!!! I can use those batteries!!!

Thank you for the ideas kirkyboi702! Thank you also for the encouragement. :)

More after-market phantom 3 products would be nice...especially if they help improve performance. Personally I would like some props that are quieter but that's just me.

And of course customer service, warranties, standing behind your products, etc.
Well heard! Thank you for your ideas RVD98072. Interesting idea about the propellers. I don't know the physics behind it, but quieter propellers would be very interesting. When you thinking of improving the performance of the Phantom 3, are you thinking flying performance?

I would like to see lots of ways for customization as others have said meaning different colored props and prop guards, maybe some custom stickers (if possible), maybe a video series helping others with fixing their phantoms, a live chat for guided steps on an install or help in general, and for me, the most important, Affordable Cases. Thanks.

Reasonable shipping costs/options to Europe would be a plus (not automated FedEx/DHL calculators). I've seen so many accessories on various vendors' sites where shipping fees amount to more than the item (even for small products).

Welcome to our forum :)
1) I went to your home page and the video came on... But there's no control for the volume and it's a YouTube video so... I would use the regular YT format with volume and quality settings. I had to pause it while grabbing the remote to turn down the surround sound that I wasn't expecting by just clicking on the page. The video was fine, it just needs the controls.
2) I really like the HPRC case because it hold the Phantom with the props not only on but protected, Plus, I would like to see a larger case made so that I can hold everything in one without having to modify it to fit my own extras in and I need it around a foot longer because I want to be able to put my 2 camcorders in along with their extra batteries for when I am going on a large shoot. I would like a strong case that doesn't flex and has wheels. -
Amazon.com : HPRC HPRC2700PHA3 Hard Case with Foam for DJI Phantom 3 (Black) : Camera & Photo
you have to click to the roller case. Right now I have the Drone Crates Roller and they do offer a Drone/ DSLR case that looks pretty good, but once again it's not designed to have the props on...
3) A simple folding wind sail range extender
4) A multi battery charger
5) You could use a few more standard products like SD cards, gimble clamps, DeoxIt Gold and D50W wipes, maybe the Skyreat line if you don't make your own.
6) I would really like a camera lens cover/ gimbal guard that fits the Rainbowers filter set. Right now I just take it off and use the DJI lens cover along with a Skyreat Gimbal Guard to hold it in place.
7) Like was said above - become the place to go like msinger is the go to guy here for questions and everything. Become the place people recommend to go see every option available to buy right on your page, right now.
8) I would definitely separate your product section with Drones in one section and parts for each one in their own section. So if I have a P3, I click the P3 page and then click a link at the bottom of the page to take me to the specific parts for each drone.
9) hehe Hello :)

Last edited:
A few thoughts -

1 - landing pads.
2 - Some new user advice on the things you sell, links to videos and sheets on your products like the DJI site.
3 - Add me to the pile of overnight and direct customer service.

Thought of a couple more things...
Windsurfer type antennas
How to videos on stuff like firmware upgrades, waypoints, follow me, initial setup or tips, etc...
Videos on the DJI GO app.
Videos on DSLR tips for people just wanting to learn their DSLR's

Last edited:
I'd love to find a nice quality sunshade/hood for my Nexus 9 tablet. The DJI hood is too small and I can't find any on amazon with dimensions that look to be correct. Also good deals on batteries would always be a plus.

I am an excited new pilot who loves my new Phantom. I could easily see it taking my hobby, my life, and my career in many directions and love the possibilities it brings. As a new user and new pilot I am searching all over the place for tips and ideas of things to come. I welcome new insight into better ways to fly and take crisp video. I am also an avid photographer so the ability to put different lenses and filters would be amazing. I also saw a great idea from Adam Savage, where he custom built a table for take off. It had a take off area, and a side area that was felted for accessories, remote, etc. I think it would be great to get some insight from someone like that who is passionate about drones and flying. I would love to have some new accessories and especially the batteries for some extended flying time. Thanks so much!!

I would like to see:
1. More repair/spare parts.
2. Other drones, parts, and accessories (Yuneec, 3DR, etc.).
3. Polar Pro products.
4. More drone cases in addition to the DJI backpacks.

Thank you all for all the great ideas so far! I'm very excited reading all of your replies.

Video content looks to be really important. The ideas are all very great so far. I do think working hand-in-hand with this community seems to be crucial.

I would love to see companies do more reviews of their products. I know a few websites that will actually sit down and make a video on how to set up/ work a product. This to me is one of the most important things for me as a pilot would love to see. I would also like to see more interaction with pilots (forums are great for that), but also show casing people's work on your website. Which could consist of pilots set ups, pictures, videos, and actually feature people and their drone.

I would love to see companies do more reviews of their products. I know a few websites that will actually sit down and make a video on how to set up/ work a product. This to me is one of the most important things for me as a pilot would love to see. I would also like to see more interaction with pilots (forums are great for that), but also show casing people's work on your website. Which could consist of pilots set ups, pictures, videos, and actually feature people and their drone.

I totally agree with you on the video content side. It'd be great to have a regular artist showcase. Would be fun sharing people's work on our Facebook giving them more coverage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl