Does anyone try a range test for your new p4p? I did but totally disappointed><"

Also i dont know if the skyreat range boosters will work right with the 5.8 part of the antenna might cause less distance ....earlier phantom models were all 2.4 so both reflectors could be same size now that 5.8 is introduced might need a different size reflector on that side of it
Good point to consider, but I believe both antenna bands are in each of the two external antennas, instead of one antenna devoted to each. So, we need a windsurfer to optimally concentrate the 5.8 signal on both, for best 5.8 range, which seems to be more powerful and more stable. For me, the shorter version works best so far, as it also allows the antennas to be pointed slightly away from 90° vertical to the RC, instead of locked in that position, when I tip the RC up.

That's great. Still new at this and afraid of a flyaway. Have only gone about 1 mile so far and was wondering if this would give me some extra security.

That's great. Still new at this and afraid of a flyaway. Have only gone about 1 mile so far and was wondering if this would give me some extra security.

Distance yes, Security no, as that is your part of flying. Depending of where you fly will rule where you how far you fly. e.g... Buildings and trees will hold you back. A beach or an ocean will set you free.

Enjoy and welcome to the club:)

Thanks again AI KY, Glad I joined. A lot of great information and helpful people here. Now if I could only get some answers on why my Litchi app keeps crashing all would be perfect. Have a few requests out there and hoping to get some answers.

Thanks again AI KY, Glad I joined. A lot of great information and helpful people here. Now if I could only get some answers on why my Litchi app keeps crashing all would be perfect. Have a few requests out there and hoping to get some answers.

I use an Apple Pro and never had a problem. I am too old to remember PC stuff as I learned Apple, it is smooth flying for the most part.

I would be ecstatic to get 2 miles

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If you want to go further than a mile, you will need a Maxx Range to boost your distance. About 150 plus you have to mod your R/C to mount the new antenna to. Whole new game. Check out maxxuav.com and Jake there is the BEST! And can answer any question about going the distance. But first read all about it first and then ask the questions.

Good luck:)

I would be ecstatic to get 2 miles

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Get up on the roof! Seriously, every foot of elevation you can add to your launch point is critical. Even using a ladder will help. Make sure you can maintain clear LOS. With clear LOS, 4 miles with Auto 5.8Ghz is easily achievable completely stock, with no windsurfer.

Good point to consider, but I believe both antenna bands are in each of the two external antennas, instead of one antenna devoted to each.
Yes, I believe that is the case, for path diversity just like a wifi WAP. In that case a Windsurfer-like device might be tricky to design since the optimal physical distance of a reflector from the antenna is going to be different for 2.4 vs. 5.8 GHz.

Yes, I believe that is the case, for path diversity just like a wifi WAP. In that case a Windsurfer-like device might be tricky to design since the optimal physical distance of a reflector from the antenna is going to be different for 2.4 vs. 5.8 GHz.
Not sure about the physical distance, but the 5.8 Ghz antennas might also be shorter inside. The main purpose of the windsurfer, as I understand it, is to focus the signal into the center of a parabola, where the antenna is located. Most windsurfers sold don't extend far enough forward to maximize their effectiveness, but still work. Ideally, their front edges should extend all the way to the antenna. I haven't seen any yet that do so. The shorter version of the windsurfers works better for me, overall, than the full length one with the P4P.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94