Does anyone try a range test for your new p4p? I did but totally disappointed><"

How do you go 6 miles out? It will not have enough battery to return? I have given you all the info- and the specs are 4.3 miles not 4.7. And they are accurate.

Two miles is the very best I have been able to achieve on the P4P with a stock transmitter, in the same area I get 6 miles with my P4 using a boosted DBS-02 modded transmitter from my P3P. Alas, the modded GL300A transmitter cannot be similarly linked with the P4P. Average P4P range is 6,200 feet before the weak signal messages start appearing, and transmitter is down to 1 or no bars. HD setting is Custom 2.4 Ghz on Ch 20, at 4 Mbs, without video being cached on device. The 4.7 miles is pure fiction!

How do you go 6 miles out? It will not have enough battery to return? I have given you all the info- and the specs are 4.3 miles not 4.7. And they are accurate.
Who said you have to return? ;) Yes, the specs are 4.3 miles. Corrected. However, they are still fiction on all three of my P4P aircraft.

Bizarre that you would fly 6 miles out and then run to retrieve your craft. Bizarre that you would spend thousands more on "extra" P4P crafts. Also bizarre that you would trash the range only to discover that it is good in 5.8ghz which you never bothered to test on any of your 3 craft when it is a signature defining point of the P4Pro.

More money than sense. Or maybe wasteful with money and sense as well...

Who said you have to return? ;) Yes, the specs are 4.3 miles. Corrected. However, they are still fiction on all three of my P4P aircraft.

Bizarre that you would fly 6 miles out and then run to retrieve your craft. Bizarre that you would spend thousands more on "extra" P4P crafts. Also bizarre that you would trash the range only to discover that it is good in 5.8ghz which you never bothered to test on any of your 3 craft when it is a signature defining point of the P4Pro.

More money than sense. Or maybe wasteful with money and sense as well...
That was uncalled for. The first was intended as sarcasm, but was in fact what happened with my P4. 6 miles out, return at 51% battery, but didn't make it all the way back. The second has been explained elsewhere, and one was simply an advanced ship of a return, rather waiting for shipping both ways. The third is based upon everything we know to date about 2.4 Ghz and 5.8Ghz. You come onto this forum with good information, but a real bad attitude. :rolleyes:

Well i did 20,000 out the other day in 5.8ghz auto ...this thing does way better then my p4! It is freakin awesome

I still had perfect signal maybe three bars on each only reason why I came back is because rth wanted to bring me back. This is better than my P4 dbs modded remote! I can't imagine what you would get if you did mod the new p4p remote it would just be insane you would definitely need a battery mod .....and there wasn't a million cutouts also like my p4, it was steady the whole time the p4p is simply awesome

Attachments

• 20170109_050622.png
    20170109_050622.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 298
LOL... Thank you for the video. It going to be winter here soon but thank you for changing my mind:)

I will wait for the P5 in the spring when DJI will have learned from their mistakes on the P4Pro
I understand how you feel. Like wise. But.. I have a feeling there will be more new quirks along the way . Maybe the Inspire 3?

Reactions: Big Al KY
I saw a online survey for satisfaction of DJI drone owners, on this survey the P4P had a 98 % satisfaction rate from owners, the P4 was around the high 80 percent, the Mavic was around 82 percent, the list included Inspire 1 and 2, P3 Advanced P3 Pro and P3 Standard. Out of all of them the P4P had the highest satisfaction rate. I have a P4P and since I bought it it has worked faultlessly, has returned fantastic images and video, I have flown it out to 2.5 kilometres and still have a full 5 bars of RC and TV signal. I suspect a lot of issues with the P4P are user error driven and not to do with the drone itself. I also have a P3 Standard and a Hubsan 501 S, so I have other drones and quite a bit of experience to compare it to other models.

Yea man....im loving the p4p it has been great. I cant believe the range on this ....how much better then p4 it is.... And reliable. Both controller and hd feed is awesome...the camera is insane..the flight modes like draw and tap fly backward are very cool. U can tell this one has more precision when hovering also. I guess it is the new ultrasonic sensors (diff then p4) i also love the subtle changes also like to the sensor cameras, they are a little lower look bigger and the new vents by motors are cool.....anyways i get a few to many wind warnings but i just ignore them i know a fw update should take care of that and whatever little bugs there are. All in all I am def very happy with this.

That's the way it should be. Our money is good and so should be the claims and guarantees . 2 good reports 1 bad so far.

I understand how you feel. Like wise. But.. I have a feeling there will be more new quirks along the way . Maybe the Inspire 3?

I know I had said I will wait till the P5, but of course I went and got a P4Pro +. The + had problems, so I went and exchanged it out for the P4Pro. I really believe that I had made the right choice.

My only regret is the weather. Instead of flying daily, I am limited to the temps of winter:( So until spring, I will fly when I can and await the P5 which should be out by the end of March.

Last edited:
I know I has said I will wait till the P5, but of course I went and got a P4Pro +. The + had problems, so I went and exchanged it out for the P4Pro. I really believe that I had made the right choice.

My only regret is the weather. Instead of flying daily, I am limited to the temps of winter:( So until spring, I will fly when I can and await the P5 which should be out by the end of March.
The P4P is definitely the way to go. The P4P+ is still very buggy, and DJI is not properly supporting it! No updates in a month, while three updates have been issued to the iOS version, and two to the Play Store Android version!

Yea i kinda figured there would be some bugs with their own device...i figured that because it runs some type of android with their own skin....phones and tablets have been proven to work with their apk version of dji go and go 4. ..just think it needs time. But launching a product half baked is messed up also they should have done a little more testing. In essence we really are dji's beta testers! Lol " oh something is wrong with your drone just send us the .txt file and we will look into it" from there it probably goes to their engineers for evaluation. And in reality we early adopters have to kind of be the guinea pigs because without us dji would never figure these bugs out as fast as they do....so what they test a few in house maybe 10 or 20 units who knows (i highly doubt they test fly each one) cant really get reliable results as far as bug testing/fixing/fw updates....or sell 5 to 10,000 units ALMOST ready for prime time and deal with it that way.... They do the latter guess its the name of the game....sorry for rant . I feel bad because u pro+ guys are having troubles,so is my friend....while reg p4 pro is flying great no disconnects or tablet reboot crap like my buddy is having ....i felt so bad because he didnt even get to fly today the dji go on + kept force closing on him.... so I let him fly my drone a few times now he wishes he never got the +! It's a shame because it is a nice little set up hopefully they work the bugs out fast I think people are getting tired of being beta testers anyway I am enjoying mine it does everything I need the range is super great the cameras phenomenal everything works fine, except for the annoying wind warnings everything is Peachy

The P4P is definitely the way to go. The P4P+ is still very buggy, and DJI is not properly supporting it! No updates in a month, while three updates have been issued to the iOS version, and two to the Play Store Android version!

Hey GG, I am glad we are both and like many others on the same page on this. I believe if DJI had gone IOS and a larger screen and left the door open for other apps, it would of been a sure winner for sure.

Yea i kinda figured there would be some bugs with their own device...i figured that because it runs some type of android with their own skin....phones and tablets have been proven to work with their apk version of dji go and go 4. ..just think it needs time. But launching a product half baked is messed up also they should have done a little more testing. In essence we really are dji's beta testers! Lol " oh something is wrong with your drone just send us the .txt file and we will look into it" from there it probably goes to their engineers for evaluation. And in reality we early adopters have to kind of be the guinea pigs because without us dji would never figure these bugs out as fast as they do....so what they test a few in house maybe 10 or 20 units who knows (i highly doubt they test fly each one) cant really get reliable results as far as bug testing/fixing/fw updates....or sell 5 to 10,000 units ALMOST ready for prime time and deal with it that way.... They do the latter guess its the name of the game....sorry for rant . I feel bad because u pro+ guys are having troubles,so is my friend....while reg p4 pro is flying great no disconnects or tablet reboot crap like my buddy is having ....i felt so bad because he didnt even get to fly today the dji go on + kept force closing on him.... so I let him fly my drone a few times now he wishes he never got the +! It's a shame because it is a nice little set up hopefully they work the bugs out fast I think people are getting tired of being beta testers anyway I am enjoying mine it does everything I need the range is super great the cameras for nominal everything works fine except for the annoying wind warnings everything is Peachy
Additionally, even if it was working perfectly, the screen is just too small, and forces the telemetry to cover up and clutter the FPV view used for framing your shots. The only way to avoid that is to go to full screen mode without any telemetry. It works, but a full sized iPadPro 9.7" is just so much better. Throw a cheap black cloth over your head in bright sunlight for a few dollars, and save the P4P+ headaches and the extra $300 cost!

Hey GG, I am glad we are both and like many others on the same page on this. I believe if DJI had gone IOS and a larger screen and left the door open for other apps, it would of been a sure winner for sure.
Absolutely! I should have listened to Blade/Ken! I just put too much faith in DJI's ability to run circles around other tablets with their own dedicated device. It's bright as heck, but just way too small and their Android developers assigned to it, are definitely not on a parity with their iOS team! The 7.85" CrystalSky tablet at a rumored price of $1,200 will still be similarly crippled! DJI is still best on iOS devices!

Reactions: Big Al KY and Kman
Additionally, even if it was working perfectly, the screen is just too small, and forces the telemetry to cover up and clutter the FPV view used for framing your shots. The only way to avoid that is to go to full screen mode without any telemetry. It works, but a full sized iPadPro 9.7" is just so much better. Throw a cheap black cloth over your head in bright sunlight for a few dollars, and save the P4P+ headaches and the extra $300 cost!

You still have to buy the iPad pro, so you're not saving money.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You still have to buy the iPad pro, so you're not saving money.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
It's really not about saving money, so much as not wasting it. If you have been flying any prior DJI aircraft, you already have an Air 2 or Mini 4 or iPadPro. So, no, I don't have to still buy the iPad Pro. I can use the same one I already own and use with my P3P's and P4's. It also works on the Mavic Pro. Try that with your P4P+ Android screen! P4P should not be your first drone purchase!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl