Does anyone try a range test for your new p4p? I did but totally disappointed><"

Reaction score
In the same location and route, the results are as followings:
P4: 4km
Mavic: 3.3km
P4p: 1.4km
Unbelievable ...........

Just replied to your other post. The transmission signal sucks compared to the Occusync in the mavic. 5.8ghz is meant for greater bandwidth within 300M. otherwise you need 2.4ghz which is nowhere near as good as the new Occusync. Why DJI dumbed down this P4P AND the new Inspire is beyond me........I'm most likely sending mine back. How you put a degraded transmission tech. in a newer much more expensive quad is absurd. let them start taking returns and loosing money and then maybe we will see an improved P5. Until then, mines going back and I'm listing that as a major reason.

Yup, same as mine. And they both dropped QUICKLY. Shame as the camera is a nice leap forward, although 4k 60fps is misleading at its scanning over 24 fps. I'm sure the Phantom 5 will be the one to get. This touch screen isn't very sensitive and its too small. hang on to your Mavics and P4's and wait until the P5 addresses some hardware concerns.

Didn't they have a lot of this scuttlebutt when the P4 came out?... then a few firmware revisions and it was "somewhat" addressed?

If it is not too windy today I plan on a range test...

I will say that on the 2.4 it better be equal to what I was getting on my P3P: 1.9 miles unaided...

In the same location and route, the results are as followings:
P4: 4km
Mavic: 3.3km
P4p: 1.4km
Unbelievable ...........
That's weird because I went 1.7 km out with no issue. Perfect signal. Clear video. My P4Pro is a beast!
The only reason I turned back is because I'm a wuss haha. I'm sure it would of went ALOT further!

Reactions: Quinnage
Just replied to your other post. The transmission signal sucks compared to the Occusync in the mavic. 5.8ghz is meant for greater bandwidth within 300M. otherwise you need 2.4ghz which is nowhere near as good as the new Occusync. Why DJI dumbed down this P4P AND the new Inspire is beyond me........I'm most likely sending mine back. How you put a degraded transmission tech. in a newer much more expensive quad is absurd. let them start taking returns and loosing money and then maybe we will see an improved P5. Until then, mines going back and I'm listing that as a major reason.
Hey if you need someone to sell to.... let me know :)

My first flight was in open fields just few houses dotted about distance away from me was 999m at a height of 115m that is when I got my first warning of transmission signal losses, I flew straight back, the second flight was 465m away at 113m high and I lost total signal and the p4p went into return to home on its own, very worrying at the time as you can imagine

Found this on youtube. Much better than what is being reported.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

LOL... Thank you for the video. It going to be winter here soon but thank you for changing my mind:)

I will wait for the P5 in the spring when DJI will have learned from their mistakes on the P4Pro

Does the manual c2+wheel scroll work with the p4p ^ ........ and that test was done with 5.8ghz

How come this guy's battery level is at 5% when he only flew it for about 13+ Minutes?

That's weird because I went 1.7 km out with no issue. Perfect signal. Clear video. My P4Pro is a beast!
The only reason I turned back is because I'm a wuss haha. I'm sure it would of went ALOT further!
1.7km is only 4500', not even a mile. My 18 month old P3P will go 18000' (with windsurfer) and 12,000 stock, most anywhere without no buildings nearby. My P4 performed about like yours, crapping out at 3000 to 4500'. Switching to an Inspire controller solved that P4 problem, 12,000 to 13,000' without windsurfer, 18K to with windsurfer.

I'd like to measure the P4P with an RF meter for comparison to see what kind of transmit power the RC has, in comparison to the other measurements I've made. That would tell the story in spades.

1.7km is only 4500', not even a mile. My 18 month old P3P will go 18000' (with windsurfer) and 12,000 stock, most anywhere without no buildings nearby. My P4 performed about like yours, crapping out at 3000 to 4500'. Switching to an Inspire controller solved that P4 problem, 12,000 to 13,000' without windsurfer, 18K to with windsurfer.

I'd like to measure the P4P with an RF meter for comparison to see what kind of transmit power the RC has, in comparison to the other measurements I've made. That would tell the story in spades.
1.7 km equals 5577 ft. And 1.056 miles

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31