DJI Phantom 3 Revealed!

Which Phantom 3 version is the best value?

• Total voters
The gimbal looks just like the P2V+ gimbal. Will keep guys like Jeremy James busy busy busy. I applaud all you early adopters, but I wouldn't expect many that have a lot of DJI product experience. Remember guys, the same people that brought you the problematic Phantom 2 are bringing you this one. Be patient. Do yourself a favor and wait a couple of months until at least the obvious flaws can be ironed out. My $0.02.

+1, plus there may be better options by then too.

no, not the same batteries.,

Here are some pictures from the Event.
Thanks to Jacob I was able to secure a ticket. They served food & drink and gave out a nice swag case upon exit.
The one disappointment was that I have to buy all new new batteries.
20150408_122124.jpg
20150408_122033.jpg
20150408_115404.jpg
20150408_122230.jpg

Hello Vincent vetere,

Thank you for shopping with us. You ordered "DJI Phantom 3 Advanced...". We’ll send a confirmation when your item ships.

Details

Order #114-4547785-7669853

Estimated delivery date:
Tuesday, April 14, 2015 -
Friday, April 17, 2015

Ship to:
Vincent Vetere
64 Sand Lane...

Total Before Tax: $999.00
Estimated Tax: $0.00

Order Total: $999.00

MagicPixel._V319790361_.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacob
The gimbal looks just like the P2V+ gimbal. Will keep guys like Jeremy James busy busy busy. I applaud all you early adopters, but I wouldn't expect many that have a lot of DJI product experience. Remember guys, the same people that brought you the problematic Phantom 2 are bringing you this one. Be patient. Do yourself a favor and wait a couple of months until at least the obvious flaws can be ironed out. My $0.02.

Wow I can believe they didnt improve the design of the camera. I am at a loss for words, and talk about undercutting the Inspire.... I like the 4k though and the 4s battery, I will be buying one to look into modifications and improvements.

I liked the positioning system on the Inspire and now they've added it to the P3 - good idea. Also, the Vision app looked to be an upgrade but we'll see how it works...I'm going to just go for it when it's available cause I'm just your basic Risk Taker!

to me... main back step is 97º FOV.... I don´t understand... 140º for P2+ (really it´s about 120) it´s very nice, I like a lot fish eye effect and big vision area...
Any sports camera (gopro) need a very wide lens... and phantom camera is a "sport camera".
P2 can use wide or narrow... p3 only narrow? Bad... to me bad.
Battery life, too... a bit less... 23min... would be 15 min (25 min for p2v+)

of course... all other options are nice improvements... 2km range... 720p real time... new remote....

regards

but... no fish eye = no wide = narrow.
P2 with narrow option reduce fish eye (but to me, not interesting due small vision area).

regards

but... no fish eye = no wide = narrow.
P2 with narrow option reduce fish eye (but to me, not interesting due small vision area).

I did noticed the reduced FOV, but when edits out the fisheye, don't you lose the edges? I'm sure not 40 degrees though...I don't have enough experience with the video side yet to know if the 90 degree FOV is good or bad...

94º FOV is the equivalent of a 20mm lens in 35mm photography.
That's still quite a wide angle - particularly when it's mounted on a missile that can zoom in and out.
It's not good or bad - it's just different

Reactions: TMSmalley
I pulled the trigger. Extra batteries not available until May though.

Reactions: Jeff48920
94º FOV is the equivalent of a 20mm lens in 35mm photography.
That's still quite a wide angle - particularly when it's mounted on a missile that can zoom in and out.
It's not good or bad - it's just different

Good thought - I can relate to FOV on a 20 mm lens and there's still some potential for edge bending. It's really 16 mm and below where the fisheye effect comes into play. I wouldn't have any problem with 94 degree FOV...

No, I'd rather pay for mine...

I never win that kind of stuff anyway - don't know why, it just is...

Here are my hanging points:

The change in battery - they are using the same form factor, but have changed it enough internally that you need all new batteries.

No filter threads - it took forever for SRP to come out with slip ons for the Vision+, and you need ND filters for video, period. I will continue to take my Hero 4 Black with my SRP filter sets.

Gimbal - similar setup as the Vision+. Seems like a weak point still. Granted, as an experienced flyer now, i don't worry about crashing unless there is a hardware failure, but still, this was always a point of contention with people.

The price point is great, the ability to fly indoors, have more accurate GPS/hold is awesome, and a 4K camera that is in the park of a GP Hero 4 Black or the Inspire is terrific. I would have bought one instantly if I could have used my Phantom 2 batteries. But since I cannot, ill hold off for now. 6 months there will be another revision anyways....

I was ready to buy the inspire 1.Guess what,order canceled.

Thought gppms might be impressed with the specs. You were not for believing me this time last night were you. There were a few others as well dont worry.

It looks like no HDMI output from the controller despite it being very similar to the Inspire 1's controller?

It looks like no HDMI output from the controller despite it being very similar to the Inspire 1's controller?
I'm assuming this is a cheap way for them to justify the Inspire 1's price. That way they can promote the Inspire 1 to professionals as they like the HDMI out for televisions/etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl