DJI Phantom 3 Revealed!

Which Phantom 3 version is the best value?

• Total voters
Why not? its says up to 4K. That would be unbelievable, almost every other camera can do 720P, 1080P, 2.7K, 4K etc.. That would be nonsense at its best
I meant more the 60fps side of it, but you're right I can't see why not. :)

Video resolutions:
Pro:
UHD:4096x2160p 24/253840x2160p24/25/30
FHD: 1920x1080p 24/25/30/48/50/60;
HD: 1280x720p 24/25/30/48/50/60

Advanced:
FHD:1920x1080p 24/25/30/48/50/60;
HD: 1280x720p 24/25/30/48/50/60

Hmmm... It's not for me. But, if I had a P2V+, this would be a great upgrade. If I had an Inspire... well, I'd be pretty unhappy right now. They done did undercut the Inspire. Hard.

With two P2 birds, Lightbridge, Futaba controller, and Hero 4 blacks, I am pretty sure I'm happily staying put. Sure, I paid more for it all and it was anything but turnkey, but it's still the best option for shooting the best quality video in a portable platform.

I see you can order now. Very tempting.

The P3 has 90+% of the functionality for less than half the price of the Inspire.
Plus it's portable and comes in at only 1.3kg for new commercial flying rules in several countries and flies for longer on (presumably) cheaper batteries.

DJI must have angered a lot of the Inspire 1 owners that paid so much and put up with an unfinished product for so long. I'd be very unhappy if I'd invested in the I1.

The ship date is late april at earliest, so that probably means late may for most.
Then all the bugs need to be ironed out......

Think i will stay with my p2 for the time being.

Reactions: Fplvert
Reactions: lake_flyer
DJI don't want to lose out to any of the new competition that's about to be announced at NAB. They've laid their cards on the table first and are very strong with high tech (Lightbridge, 4K, Pilot app and proven performance) and for trumps they have prices lower than anyone expected.
It should be interesting to see what the opposing teams come up with to play against the P3. Competition is good for us flyers.

The gimbal looks just like the P2V+ gimbal. Will keep guys like Jeremy James busy busy busy. I applaud all you early adopters, but I wouldn't expect many that have a lot of DJI product experience. Remember guys, the same people that brought you the problematic Phantom 2 are bringing you this one. Be patient. Do yourself a favor and wait a couple of months until at least the obvious flaws can be ironed out. My $0.02.

Reactions: chapsrlz
starting to save, ill probably be getting mine sometime in july as of now, plus that gives a few months for the bugs to get worked out. Im happy with my V+v3 for now but would love to upgrade for light bridge and the new remote

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl