DJI Phantom 3 Revealed!

Which Phantom 3 version is the best value?

• Total voters
Most inspire users will tell you them selves that they never use the hdmi out. There was one on here earlier saying just that.

Now the real big question................CASES. I was hoping it would ship with a case like the Inspire but since talking to two vendors it won't. Hopefully a decent case is just a few weeks away

Thought gppms might be impressed with the specs. You were not for believing me this time last night were you. There were a few others as well dont worry.
Yes indeed my friend you right.I could't believe when i saw the specs and the price at the live event.Imagine before some months i payed for the lightbridge unit 1200 euros and now to the same price you take the phantom 3 also.To much competition my friend with the other companys.

I wish that dji them selves would release one, instead of all these after market ones we all have to buy. I got one a long time back when there were no pre cut inserts available. Pluck foam job, its ok but not the best and would sooner pay for a factory fitted finish job.

Most inspire users will tell you them selves that they never use the hdmi out. There was one on here earlier saying just that.
I only use it with my phantom 2 with the lightbridge.I'm using hdmi monitor but now when i saw the Dji pilot app i believe its awesome.So the ipad air its the best solution for me.

Has anyone seen a manual on it yet? I can't find anything on the web site. Guess they won't have it up until they start shipping. I was told two weeks from today they will start to ship

I can fully understand the frustration with paying for items and then months later new things come out cheaper. At some point we all do this with one thing or another, and some make mistakes buying things that might not be that great after all (like im probably going to end up doing now) these are all the chances we take. Just wish i had more money to buy the inspire to be honest. The P3 is everything i was hoping for and a lot more to be honest, but after my thirst for learning about lighbridge a week or so ago i have fallen into the world of just how great the inspire is. Fast and nimbal is not the word and i didnt expect that from a big bird. Anyway P3 for now Inspire dreams for later.

Reactions: ELHEAPO
Now the real big question................CASES. I was hoping it would ship with a case like the Inspire but since talking to two vendors it won't. Hopefully a decent case is just a few weeks away
Didn't DJI show a branded backpack for the Phantom in their live stream? I'm sure I caught sight of something like that in there, though it was only a quick glimpse...

They give dimensions diagonally with the props, whereas on the Phantom 2 they don't. Are you sure they aren't the same size?

I just bought the Phantom 3 professional with extra battery.Awesome:)

They give dimensions diagonally with the props, whereas on the Phantom 2 they don't. Are you sure they aren't the same size?

Showghost,

This is a refresh. The cost of retooling the P3 into a [slightly] different size shell would only be done if it was necessary.
In manufacturing, changes can be expensive. It ripples all the way through the 'system'.

Yes they've made changes, but only where necessary to maximize return on investment.

DJI = Marketing Genius's...
Come out with a 3k drone packed with cool features that out price a lot of the market. Where not many people will buy them. People wish they were just a little cheaper so they could get there hands on one. Then come out with the same tech in a smaller package and an awesome price. This will be DJI's most successful drone yet. Sales wise!!
I don't think at this price point and the tech packed in the P3 DJI will be making a lot of cash each one they sell. BUT. I think they make there money off the accessories anyway. I mean 125-200 for a battery. COme one. That's where they are making there money. Just like anything else. Get you in the door and up-sell the hell out of you.

Nice bird tho I must admit. Good job DJI. Now lets see how the customer service is.

Showghost,

This is a refresh. The cost of retooling the P3 into a [slightly] different size shell would only be done if it was necessary.
In manufacturing, changes can be expensive. It ripples all the way through the 'system'.

Yes they've made changes, but only where necessary to maximize return on investment.

I'm hoping I can use the case I bought for the Phantom Vision 2+. It fits fine with props and the taller landing gear.

I'm hoping I can use the case I bought for the Phantom Vision 2+. It fits fine with props and the taller landing gear.

I think you'll be happy!

Reactions: snowghost
watched live at 11:30

cliff notes
better motors
longer runtime
better camera 4k
dji lightbridge 1mile range
enhanced pilot app with live tracking including direction
inspire 1 controller
gimbal buttons on remote
indoor sonar sensors
great price point

im in for one.

on a side note did anyone else catch the guy in singapore on behalf of dji that was totally wasted lol..

or

when streaming from greece live, the guy takes off flys the cliff side and then he says "I've lost all control" and the phantom instantly pans hard and goes into RTH mode. lol I was laughing so hard..

still amazing piece of technology!

I am beyond happy with the switch from the ugly fish-eye ultra-wide-angle to something more compressed. I was going to go for a P2 or something with a GoPro on it but kept cringing at the thought of dealing with that hideous warp effect. I shoot very tall, large, pole-straight equipment. This upgrade is perfect for my company. I think the only things that could make me any happier would be swappable lenses that can use filters, but for the price, the frame rate, resolution, the manual camera control, the RAW files (!), I am stoked!

Well I also have kept with my trusted p2 and gopro 3black but this is definitely the upgrade I've been waiting for and all for under $2000 I've spent well over that with fpv and the rest .
Love them or hate them Dji are the Apple of the sky.

Reactions: Jeff48920
I wish that dji them selves would release one, instead of all these after market ones we all have to buy. I got one a long time back when there were no pre cut inserts available. Pluck foam job, its ok but not the best and would sooner pay for a factory fitted finish job.
Go profrosenal case are pre cut with good foam that don't go anywhere, not like pick n pluck, very good cases

Well I also have kept with my trusted p2 and gopro 3black but this is definitely the upgrade I've been waiting for and all for under $2000 I've spent well over that with fpv and the rest .
Love them or hate them Dji are the Apple of the sky.

I think Apple's customer service is orders of magnitude better than DJI's. Their not really even in the same solar system. It is only a matter of time before that comes back to bite them. Other companies will catch up from a technology standpoint.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4