DJI discontinue some drones

I am just looking forward to 21st January when all US trade deals are scrapped by the new President, bringing prices more into relation with how we, in the rest of the word pay. Enjoy the 25% price hike across the board boys and girls. At least until new factories are built rolling out US built drones that rival dji's offerings.
Jobs for the 95 million Americans who are currently out of the work force would be better for us than your imaginary cheaper prices. Dumb dumb American leaders have been sending jobs and investments in factories and materials out of the country for years while at the same time flooding our cities with unskilled foreigners. Its about time someone stepped in and fundamentally changed the way we do business. I have been hoping for this change. YES WE CAN.
The DJI refurbished store has P3S, P3A, P3P, and P4 available. I just ordered a P4 from there. $799, free shipping and no taxes... the P3 series also have pretty good discounts.

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: longdog
Agreed- however all high end product manufacturers who hope to maintain the hold on the top ensure a few years support for their product. Even though Windows threw out 3 platforms a few years back there was still support for a few years. All I'm saying is treat all customers new and past with some sign of appreciation for customer loyalty. I'm more likely to be a repeat customer if my recently purchased P3P gives me a year or two before 'having ' to upgrade.
As for cameras biting the dust look at how long 110's 126's were around - much slower pace of tech upgrades then compared to now, but again remember the customer is your bread and butter. There are all kinds of new manufacturers jumping into this market.
Why would you have to upgrade in a year or two ?? Till it breaks and there's no more parts, you could fly it for many years. And there will always be old drones being sold for parts.

Thanks for the heads up on this - I notified a few friends who really want P3s. Some great points here - and as far as the "middle" of the market - let's not forget they named it Mavic Pro - so a Mavic Standard will most likely appear soon now that the supply chain has opened up. Making the units that small saves DJI a fortune at every level. Expect to see the P4P and beyond stay large and the mainstream units to go smaller...

Reactions: DougAles
Thanks for the heads up on this - I notified a few friends who really want P3s. Some great points here - and as far as the "middle" of the market - let's not forget they named it Mavic Pro - so a Mavic Standard will most likely appear soon now that the supply chain has opened up. Making the units that small saves DJI a fortune at every level. Expect to see the P4P and beyond stay large and the mainstream units to go smaller...

Ed - I'm crossing my fingers that you are correct. Sign me up for a DJI Mavic Standard, same size / shape as the Pro with-out the extreme remote controller range, avoidance sensors, 2.7K camera sensor, oh, and at $499 price point with the occasional $399 sale price.

They should be in stock for awhile I would think. I have the Standard now and want to get the P3A this summer, and think you and I both should be able to find them new. May not be on the DJI site, (I don't buy for the manufacturer much anyway) but on other sites and stores.

I'm sure you can probably still get them for a while, the real issue would be the availability of support and parts if needed down the road.

Ed - I'm crossing my fingers that you are correct. Sign me up for a DJI Mavic Standard, same size / shape as the Pro with-out the extreme remote controller range, avoidance sensors, 2.7K camera sensor, oh, and at $499 price point with the occasional $399 sale price.
For 400 or 500 maybe, but personally I think it's over priced and looks to brittle. I'm sticking with the Phantom line for now.

Reactions: DougAles
I think the only the reason the P3S is staying is that DJI needs a low price entry level drone, and at the prices they have been selling for for a "real" drone there is no better deal than the P3S. It's kind of like with cameras, you buy a new digital camera for $1200, a year later it worth $800, the next year $350, by year 4 its a $150 to 200 if you are lucky. Don't think you are buying a "forever" tool when you buy a drone, you can only keep it running until parts are no longer available. But if you get 8 or 9 years of use because it does what you need you are ahead of the game. If its for work you need to be competitive, if for your its your hobby I bet you by a new one within 3 or 4 years - "gear acquisition syndrome" is in all hobbies:)
Good analogy. I keep reading where many new droners buy an inexpensive, starter drone to keep the hobby economically manageable. Within a few short years, they've spent enough on new drones by upgrading to the next level that they have spent enough to have paid for an Inspire 2 Pro package.

Ther
I'm sure you can probably still get them for a while, the real issue would be the availability of support and parts if needed down the road.
There will always be parts for sale on Ebay from un-repaired drones for many years.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadabyanza24