DBS vs ARGtek

Dal is that home made printed windsurfer. Or one bought on eBay that fits over antenna

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

f3d96740a827940140610496238e65b6.jpg

Stock with surfer. 10,557ft. I also have an ARGtek on the way and am worried I'm gonna mess up my good stock setup.

Is that home made printed surfer. Or bought one made out of plastic that fits over antenna?

I have the ARGtek, still need to do more tests with it though... not really impressed on first sight. Pity I never tried a stock distance test first... Perhaps I'll upgrade to dbs one day, but am afraid the controller won't fit the hardshell case anymore (already needed to cut out some stuff in order to make it fit with the argtek)... *sigh*

Reactions: mcphipps
Is that home made printed surfer. Or bought one made out of plastic that fits over antenna?

Home made printed template tomsteck also made one out of a big plastic vitamin bottle. Tomsteck one works slightly better and yes over the antenna

I have the ARGtek, still need to do more tests with it though... not really impressed on first sight. Pity I never tried a stock distance test first... Perhaps I'll upgrade to dbs one day, but am afraid the controller won't fit the hardshell case anymore (already needed to cut out some stuff in order to make it fit with the argtek)... *sigh*

Hey freak...it's only money..LOL
As for the hard shell case. I have knifed mine so many times I got the shower scene in Psycho beat by a mile.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hey freak...it's only money..LOL
As for the hard shell case. I have knifed mine so many times I got the shower scene in Psycho beat by a mile.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Hahaha yeah... it's only money LOL. I'll probably stick with the ARGtek for a while, gonna get me a Hubsan X4 H501S first to play with...

Hey x11freak I havent forgot about you...still waiting for good weather to test the DBS!!. We are still getting shi**y cold snow days..I'm stuck flying the nano drones in the house

Hey x11freak I havent forgot about you...still waiting for good weather to test the DBS!!. We are still getting shi**y cold snow days..I'm stuck flying the nano drones in the house
No worries... haven't been flying much either, just messing around with the controller and also indoor flying with nano's (CX-stars micro drone is major fun haha).
Also, like I said, thinking about getting a Hubsan H501S first... looks like very fun to fly (different than dji).

So my wife just ordered me the Argtek for my birthday. Sounds like I should have went with the DBS. Question what upgrades can you do to the Argtek antenna and panels? Also I saw someone ask earlier but never saw an answer, can you use a windsurfer with the Argtek?

I think I saw in a diff. Post that they tried it with no real results. But it's an omni antenna so it should increase the range I will test this myself when the ARGtek arrives. Thing is there isn't a huge gap between the antenna and panels so the surfer would have to be pretty narrow. Might be why it doesn't do a whole lot.

Reactions: x11freak
Don't see why not any antenna can be boosted to my understanding

Dmize, I was curious to see if someone ever tried using the sunhans boosters on the ARGTek also...don't know if it can or has been done before...I've searched the web but haven't found anything. Lol if anyone is in Connecticut and has a set of sunhans 2.4 & 5.8 boosters I have an ARGTek setup I took of...we can try it out!!

Perhaps a stupid question (I'm completely new to the world of antennas :) ) but which is the antenna for the video and which one for the control? I thought 5.8 was the control and the two 2.4's are the video, is this correct?

Finalfantasyfan is correct. The single antenna in the center of remote is 5.8ghz for the control and the 2 antennas inside are 2.4ghz for the video

Can you boost the Argtek?

You can boost a DBS antenna. Dont see why you could not do it to the ARGtek.
Here is a very good thread going on right now about boosting the DBS with the Standard. Some really good information is coming out of this thread. Check it out.

This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

Ok dang really thinking I may have to send the argtek back and get the dbs. I've seen some crazy distance guys have gotten with the dbs, does the video last that full distance?

Yes pretty much. Read that whole thread. This guy lives for testing things like that.

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart