DBS vs ARGtek

just ordered mines today from aliexpress will get it next week , as far as I seen may people are using the ARGtek as its cost effective and works well

i'm using CE mode so i'm loosing RC signal first, video is ok, longest distance i've had was 1km in good conditions. does anybody tested argtek vs windsurfer antenna addon and can tell which one of them gives better range?

i'm using CE mode so i'm loosing RC signal first, video is ok, longest distance i've had was 1km in good conditions. does anybody tested argtek vs windsurfer antenna addon and can tell which one of them gives better range?
obviously argtek

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

what's the range you have with stock antenna and with argtek? in same conditions.

I dunno why people are saying this argtek is a good mod!

I have not seen anything where it has doubled or tripled people distance.

With the dbsmod I have seen it double and triple people's distance loads of times.

Am just saying it clear which one to get!

Reactions: P.Lindblom
There are alot of videos that shows the ARGtek doing the job . pretty well and to people's satisfaction. It pushes out a decent amount of range for a newbie. To experiment and for people who don't have that much means to purchase a p3 pro.

My opinion
ARGtek much cheaper ,and can put back the original parts if you want and has a better look on the controller .

Dbsmod expense mayb not that expensive not good looking and I seen the wirring abit untidy sticking out etc...
Just my opinion

There are alot of videos that shows the ARGtek doing the job . pretty well and to people's satisfaction. It pushes out a decent amount of range for a newbie. To experiment and for people who don't have that much means to purchase a p3 pro.

My opinion
ARGtek much cheaper ,and can put back the original parts if you want and has a better look on the controller .

Dbsmod expense mayb not that expensive not good looking and I seen the wirring abit untidy sticking out etc...
Just my opinion
Also, with the ARGtek mod you can still upgrade if you want to Dbs just by connecting the cables. The connections are already made. You don't have to open the box again. They will connect right to the T bar in front.

It's a matter of preference. Some people don't want to go out for miles, they just want the video (FPV) to work better with the distance they get. The reason I bought the ARGtek is for the video. But I can upgrade to the Dbs mod at anytime without doing anything else to my controller.

If that ain't enough, I can switch back and forth in minutes to either one if I like.

Mike

Hey, brisk.. What is involved in installing the ARGtek?... Any soldering to do?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey, brisk.. What is involved in installing the ARGtek?... Any soldering to do?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

No soldering at all, open up the case, remove the factory antennas, hook up the new ones and put it back together. That's about it

Videos? You mean the ones from there website? Can you link others to me please? Am just interested as well... :)

I have dbs mod but only because I know it works from everyone on this site.

Modified the argtek by adding the fpvlr long range kit. Next are the boosters. 1500' no loss of signal or video but hard to see that far away.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1456012639640.jpg
    FB_IMG_1456012639640.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 654
so before I order this can someone verify its the dbs mod everyone seems to like!

DBS STANDARD

also, anyone in Adelaide, Australia that have installed one? Wouldn't mind a hand putting it in. A half dozen of my wines are up for grabs!

is there anything else i need to install it?
Nope should come with all cables. Just get your drill 1/4" bit ready to drill the holes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic