conflicted: Phantom 4 Pro + (with 5.5” display) vs the Phantom 4 Pro

G G
how are you liking your p4p now?
Need more testing. I have a replacement P4P arriving tomorrow. The first P4P has a camera that is aimed crooked, and the P4P+ aircraft has a flukey gimbal that flips 90° when I make mild left turns! Two lemons! Need a good one! Range is terrible! Very disappointing. The inability to record .SRT files is most disturbing, as that was noted weeks ago! Mavic is very impressive! Refurb P4 is my new main bird with your DBS-02 transmitter with boosters.

How's your second P4P? Any issues with the gimbal? Is it pointing straight?

Need more testing. I have a replacement P4P arriving tomorrow. The first P4P has a camera that is aimed crooked, and the P4P+ aircraft has a flukey gimbal that flips 90° when I make mild left turns! Two lemons! Need a good one! Range is terrible! Very disappointing. The inability to record .SRT files is most disturbing, as that was noted weeks ago! Mavic is very impressive! Refurb P4 is my new main bird with your DBS-02 transmitter with boosters.

How's your second P4P? Any issues with the gimbal? Is it pointing straight?
none everything is working fine.
I plan to fly it in the morning.
sorry to hear about your lemons.

none everything is working fine.
I plan to fly it in the morning.
sorry to hear about your lemons.
Thanks! Glad your replacement is a good one. I hope my replacement one arriving tomorrow from B&H is problem free, too. Best Buy now has them in stock, so, if necessary, I can try their stock. Lemons come with early adoption! ;) Some went through five P4's to get a good one from Apple. Maybe that's why Apple has no plans to carry the P4P or Mavic at this time.

Reactions: dgd3
Great discussion and helpful. For me it will be the P4P and a hood or maybe...Litchi App and maybe integrating the BlitzWolf VR Headset. Many cool features on the Litchi App.

I love the screen, but after using it for a few days, I found it too small for me to adequately see all of the icons clearly. Granted that I wear glasses, which may be part of the problem, but the screen is still too small. I am reluctantly returning it and have already received a new P4P.

So it seems that the Pro+ is disappointing. The small screen is a weak point and since it's impossibile to install other professional services apps (like DroneDeploy or Autopilot) makes impossible to use it for other purposes like automation on surveys.

Any further comments? I need to buy one and I'm more oriented on the Pro+, but I expected that the early owners were more enthusiast.

So it seems that the Pro+ is disappointing. The small screen is a weak point and since it's impossibile to install other professional services apps (like DroneDeploy or Autopilot) makes impossible to use it for other purposes like automation on surveys.

Any further comments? I need to buy one and I'm more oriented on the Pro+, but I expected that the early owners were more enthusiast.
As I stated in another thread, "I'll be buying an additional RC from DJI". I can't deal with the small screen and the brightness is not all that overwhelming.

So it seems that the Pro+ is disappointing.
I don't think that's true any more than the many other declarative statements made on the forum. Some have found the display disappointing and others prefer it (one wonders, if someone has problems with a 5" display, why did they buy it?). And note that as in any Internet forum you're more likely to hear negative comments than positive, regardless of whether that view actually represents the full population of owners.

Reactions: ActionDrone
As I stated in another thread, "I'll be buying an additional RC from DJI". I can't deal with the small screen and the brightness is not all that overwhelming.
Thanks for the advice. So isn't better to buy the Pro directly? Of course I mean for someone like me who is going to buy it over the following 2/3 weeks.

I am planning on getting the P4P controller as a second controller.

Received the second controller (non +) today. I ordered it from DJI on 26 Dec so it got to me much faster than the quoted 3 - 5 weeks on their web site. Flew for almost 1.5 hours while playing around with different settings and flight modes. DJI GO 4 app on an iPhone 6 never crashed or gave any errors during flight. :) That was a pleasant surprise given my experience with the P4P+ controller.

After plugging in the pro+ rc last night and spending a few hours hacking on it, kinda wish I had chosen not to get it. I wont go into the technical details, but its quite annoying to have such a limited android device that i cant install anything onto.

I should have considered this as ive worked on projects like this. $300 gamble I lost I suppose.

Dont take this as a 'bad' review so much as a first time drone owner who opted for the built in screen as purpose built devices normally perform better. So now I try and decide to wait and see if they open it up, or just buy another RC and eat crow.

After plugging in the pro+ rc last night and spending a few hours hacking on it, kinda wish I had chosen not to get it. I wont go into the technical details, but its quite annoying to have such a limited android device that i cant install anything onto.

I should have considered this as ive worked on projects like this. $300 gamble I lost I suppose.

Dont take this as a 'bad' review so much as a first time drone owner who opted for the built in screen as purpose built devices normally perform better. So now I try and decide to wait and see if they open it up, or just buy another RC and eat crow.
Don't feel bad...I'm also a member of the "Buying an additional RC Club"

Reactions: Langstonius

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z