Phantom 4 Pro - Compass 1 Not Connected

Reaction score
Hello,

My Phantom 4 Pro has recently started giving a message that I have a compass error and need to restart the aircraft. Restarting does not alleviate the problem. There is no option to calibrate the compass right from the status screen, but if I go to the advanced options and try to calibrate from there, I get a message that says "Compass 1 not connected".

Some quick searches seem to indicate this is relatively common after a crash, although I haven't had a crash or even handled the aircraft with anything but great care.

In any case, it sounds like in such situations it's possible that a compass connection wire is loose or disconnected. Before I go opening panels and digging deeper, I thought I would put the question to this forum to see if anyone has had this happen before and what is the recommended next steps to trouble-shoot?

Thanks in advance for any help!

The first place to look would be the small covers at the upper part of the landing legs. They can be a bit tricky to remove. Search some videos on the tube before you tear em up. And keep in mind, a connector can look like it’s in the right spot and NOT be connected properly. May need a magnifying tool.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl