Ch7 Gimbal control with stock camera

Reaching out for help.

I did the mod and all worked well. When starting the P2V days later, the tilt control stopped working. Went through the process gain, and all worked. Days later, once gain, no response to tilt control.

Any ideas?

I have my settings at 1000-0-700 and pitch at 10. Does that seem about right ?
And I did calibrate it and I have full movement. Using the dji lever.

I am using the DJI lever and calibrated. For some reason it seems like the majority of the movement from the lever is in the center. It has full range of motion it just seems like the majority of the sensitivity is right in the center of the lever movement. Any ideas?

Mori55 said:
I have my settings at 1000-0-700 and pitch at 10. Does that seem about right ?
And I did calibrate it and I have full movement. Using the dji lever.

Since you were able to get it working, at this point I think it's all a matter of personal preference.

I don't know if you've seen this vid before, but it might offer you some helpful insights on the best settings for your needs.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5TcGt4Nsp4[/youtube]

I set it so when the lever is all the way "up" its level and all the way down it pointing down all the way.
If I go up anymore I'll see the props. I all have to see were I'm happy with the pitch setting.

I've done the hack and installed a lever on my Tx. The lever moves the camera only slightly - I'm not getting as much travel as I should be.

I know some of you are saying you've calibrated the level which fixes this issue. I don't see an option to calibrate the lever in the Assistant but I'm still flying in Vision mode. I I guess to fully benefit from the hack and configure it properly I need to switch to NAZA?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If that doesn't work I had a weird issue that actually required calibrating with transmitter open so I could get the numbers for full range motion. Then installed and recalibrate with lever. I guess my original attempt did not move the pot enough to hit range, if that makes any sense.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Switched to NAZA model and calibrated X1 channel.

The good news is that I definitely get much more travel with the camera now. However, two things:

1) I can't get the camera to point straight down. It's pretty close, but not quite there. Any suggestions on how to get it to point straight down? Not sure if it matters but I'm using the Rotorpixel gimbal

2) Even after calibrating the X1 lever on the Tx, about the 1st half of travel of the lever doesn't seem to move the camera; maybe only the second half or so of the lever travel seems to move it.

Any suggestions on how to fix these items?

Thanks.

AresSK said:
Switched to NAZA model and calibrated X1 channel.

The good news is that I definitely get much more travel with the camera now. However, two things:

1) I can't get the camera to point straight down. It's pretty close, but not quite there. Any suggestions on how to get it to point straight down? Not sure if it matters but I'm using the Rotorpixel gimbal

2) Even after calibrating the X1 lever on the Tx, about the 1st half of travel of the lever doesn't seem to move the camera; maybe only the second half or so of the lever travel seems to move it.

Any suggestions on how to fix these items?

Thanks.

RP instructions

2. Under the "Advanced" heading, in the "Gimbal" tab, enter "0" into the "Pitch: Gain" box, then press enter.
3. In the "Servo Travel Limit" section, enter "-450" into the "Pitch: Center" box, then press enter.

Try 1000 -450 -850 in your gimbal settings. You may need to play around with the third number a bit to get full travel. I don't have my RP yet so this is just a guess.

My setting is 1000 0 -850 and I have full tilt of the stock gimbal with the 7th channel. Try the RP gimbal with 0 in the center box and just see what happens.

gfredrone said:
RP instructions

2. Under the "Advanced" heading, in the "Gimbal" tab, enter "0" into the "Pitch: Gain" box, then press enter.
3. In the "Servo Travel Limit" section, enter "-450" into the "Pitch: Center" box, then press enter.

Try 1000 -450 -850 in your gimbal settings. You may need to play around with the third number a bit to get full travel. I don't have my RP yet so this is just a guess.

My setting is 1000 0 -850 and I have full tilt of the stock gimbal with the 7th channel. Try the RP gimbal with 0 in the center box and just see what happens.

I followed the RP instructions and set center -450 when I installed. I get full horizontal to straight down travel when hack is set to Vision and I use the app to control the gimbal. This is good.

But when I set hack to H3-2D I don't get quite to straight down after calibrating the X1 control.

When I set the 3rd value to -850 as suggested then the camera goes from being horizontal to tilting up slightly... Sounds like I'll have to play with the settings.

AresSK said:
gfredrone said:
RP instructions

I followed the RP instructions and set center -450 when I installed. I get full horizontal to straight down travel when hack is set to Vision and I use the app to control the gimbal. This is good.

But when I set hack to H3-2D I don't get quite to straight down after calibrating the X1 control.

When I set the 3rd value to -850 as suggested then the camera goes from being horizontal to tilting up slightly... Sounds like I'll have to play with the settings.

Yup just find what works. The RP instructions don't take into account the hack. Try taking their recommended -450 out and put in 0 and see what it does.

gfredrone said:
Yup just find what works. The RP instructions don't take into account the hack. Try taking their recommended -450 out and put in 0 and see what it does.

Great suggestion. Did this and now it's working much better.

A few notes:
* At horizontal it's not quite horizontal. I think it's pointed ever so slightly down but acceptable.
* At straight down it's not quite all the way straight down but I mean it's almost right there and acceptable.

The X1 lever on the Tx still has just a little bit of travel where nothing happens when it push it but it's better than it was previously where I could probably move it half way with nothing happening.

So, these current settings are great for me right now. May tweak them a little more later. I'll be curious to see what settings Rotorpixel suggests.

So, in summary, my settings are 1000 / 0 / -450.

Thanks for the help.

AresSK said:
gfredrone said:

Great suggestion. Did this and now it's working much better.

A few notes:
* At horizontal it's not quite horizontal. I think it's pointed ever so slightly down but acceptable.
* At straight down it's not quite all the way straight down but I mean it's almost right there and acceptable.

The X1 lever on the Tx still has just a little bit of travel where nothing happens when it push it but it's better than it was previously where I could probably move it half way with nothing happening.

So, these current settings are great for me right now. May tweak them a little more later. I'll be curious to see what settings Rotorpixel suggests.

So, in summary, my settings are 1000 / 0 / -450.

Thanks for the help.

Tighten the screw on the 7th channel lever and it will be a bit more responsive. Don't over tighten though. Recalibrate after you make the adjustment.

This is great. I successfully installed the DJI gimbal lever on the TX this evening and was able to activate it with the software tool. I calibrated using Assistant 1.08 and am perfectly happy with the results. I actually dropped the low end of the pitch a bit to restrict too much downward travel of the camera. There's a point at which the camera seems to bind somewhat before it hits the full down stop which causes a hiccup in the video. I calibrated mine to stop before it hits that point.

Question though - I've seen conflicting reports on the continued use of this hack after installation of the v2.0 firmware. Haven't seen any mention of it in this thread, so I thought I'd ask... Are you all running the new firmware with no issue? Is there anything different I have to do (like re-doing the activation and calibration routine) after upgrading the main controller? I have not upgraded yet as I wanted to get the lever installed and working first.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Tripnman said:
This is great. I successfully installed the DJI gimbal lever on the TX this evening and was able to activate it with the software tool. I calibrated using Assistant 1.08 and am perfectly happy with the results. I actually dropped the low end of the pitch a bit to restrict too much downward travel of the camera. There's a point at which the camera seems to bind somewhat before it hits the full down stop which causes a hiccup in the video. I calibrated mine to stop before it hits that point.

Question though - I've seen conflicting reports on the continued use of this hack after installation of the v2.0 firmware. Haven't seen any mention of it in this thread, so I thought I'd ask... Are you all running the new firmware with no issue? Is there anything different I have to do (like re-doing the activation and calibration routine) after upgrading the main controller? I have not upgraded yet as I wanted to get the lever installed and working first.

Any insights would be appreciated.

I think that from what ive read if you did the hack before the upgrade, then upgrade, then everything works OK - if you tried to do the hack after the upgrade, it wouldnt work properly for some people

I have the lever from DJI installed, I couldnt figure it out so thank god this site is here

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka