Ch7 Gimbal control with stock camera

Apologies for this question from a relative newbie to all this, but when you enable the 7th channel and effectively fool the tx into thinking its a P2 and not a P2V is it ONLY the tilt control that is disabled on the app ?? You don't lose any of the other P2V app stuff do you ??

:roll:

pyrophantom said:
Apologies for this question from a relative newbie to all this, but when you enable the 7th channel and effectively fool the tx into thinking its a P2 and not a P2V is it ONLY the tilt control that is disabled on the app ?? You don't lose any of the other P2V app stuff do you ??

:roll:

Yes, you're correct, you loose only the tilt control, nothing else.

Well hubba bubba :D

seems a good trade off to me !

Sorry if this was covered, I didn't see it.

What do you all like for the Manual Control Speed?
By default it is 10 but with the 7th channel lever working that feels fast. I have found 5 works well. Any thoughts?

Also is there any way to keep the camera from moving up and down to compensate for the motion of the phantom. I just want it to stay put and not move unless I tell it to.

noreason4 said:
Just a short question: Is there yet any way to enable this on a mac?

I use a Mac. I just borrowed a buddies laptop to do the install. It's not as simple as using a Mac
You have to download a driver, install it while the phantom is hooked up and powered on. Then run the program.
It's still rather easy. I had just forgotten about all extra thing you need to do to make a PC do it's job.

AnselA said:
ResevorDG said:
Also is there any way to keep the camera from moving up and down to compensate for the motion of the phantom. I just want it to stay put and not move unless I tell it to.

I think it's called "gimbal" ;)

It tries to be a gimbal, but we all know it's not. :roll:

ResevorDG said:
AnselA said:
ResevorDG said:

I think it's called "gimbal" ;)

It tries to be a gimbal, but we all know it's not. :roll:

Yeah... I've never been clear on the function of a single axis gimbal... :roll:

-slinger

ResevorDG said:

By default it is 10 but with the 7th channel lever working that feels fast. I have found 5 works well. Any thoughts?

Yes there is. Just set the pitch gain to "0" in Advanced - Gimbal setting. It wont move itself, unless you do it by lever.

What is interesting and my question. My gimbal started to behave in an oposite way. When the gain is set to default "10" and Phantom makes forward pitch (etc when accelerating) the gimbal should level the camera in oposite way. Mine "gimbal" makes the pitch to the same direction so in the end it tilts it downwards even more. However i dont want to use automatic leveling since it makes movie even more vobly than it is.

dave21 said:
ResevorDG said:

Yes there is. Just set the pitch gain to "0" in Advanced - Gimbal setting. It wont move itself, unless you do it by lever.

What is interesting and my question. My gimbal started to behave in an oposite way. When the gain is set to default "10" and Phantom makes forward pitch (etc when accelerating) the gimbal should level the camera in oposite way. Mine "gimbal" makes the pitch to the same direction so in the end it tilts it downwards even more. However i dont want to use automatic leveling since it makes movie even more vobly than it is.

I tried changing that and it seemed to have no effect. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks.

ResevorDG said:
dave21 said:
ResevorDG said:

I tried changing that and it seemed to have no effect. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks.

Dont forget to confirm by pressing "Enter". It should work.

I have a Asus android tablet with Dropbox and WinZip. I downloaded the phantom tool to Dropbox. Now what do I do? Can I put the cameras card in my tablet and download to it ?
I never used a andfroid device before.
Any help would be appreciated.

Mori55 said:
I have a Asus android tablet with Dropbox and WinZip. I downloaded the phantom tool to Dropbox. Now what do I do? Can I put the cameras card in my tablet and download to it ?
I never used a andfroid device before.
Any help would be appreciated.

You have to have windows running to do this. You can either have PC or a virtual machine. As far as I know, there is no way to do this with a tablet but I have been wrong before.

dave21 said:
ResevorDG said:

Talk to the dealer where you purchased. They have the "Internal" assistant software that has a switch tab to reverse the direction of the auto compensating gimbal. I had the same problem and the software allowed the change of setting.

So what does the dealer do , send you the software? I got mine from BH photo.
I put my lever tonight , tomorrow I hook it up to my laptop and try to figure it out

Ok I read through the thread and have come to this;

1. Source part/lever control
2. Install lever on tx
3. Get tool package software
4. Link mc to PC, choose h2 3d
5. Open assistant, run software
6. Adjust settings in basic
7. Unlink mc from PC
8. Reboot/power cycle UAV
9. Run bench test
10. Enjoy new ease of access!

Seems pretty simple.

flight-of-eye said:
Ok I read through the thread and have come to this;

1. Source part/lever control
2. Install lever on tx
3. Get tool package software
4. Link mc to PC, choose h2 3d
5. Open assistant, run software
6. Adjust settings in basic
7. Unlink mc from PC
8. Reboot/power cycle UAV
9. Run bench test
10. Enjoy new ease of access!

Seems pretty simple.

Sounds about right. I love my new control.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl