Ch7 Gimbal control with stock camera

Sorry for all these newb questions guys. But weren't all DJI files zipped, at least that's what the icon next to them shows, and I was able to extract those.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Venom93corba said:
Sorry for all these newb questions guys. But weren't all DJI files zipped, at least that's what the icon next to them shows, and I was able to extract those.

lol when use my wife's Ipad am lost

shaun27 said:
DKDarkness said:
Venom93corba said:

Or get the MSI installer here: https://sites.google.com/site/motorpixi ... /Resources

DK. I know its of topic but how's that gimbal coming on

Thanks for your interest. Works in the "lab". Broke all of my spare propellers trying to take off on first real world test this saturday (failed to calibrate main controller board after replacement). Waitning for new set of propellers and guards.

Alright guys I'm up and running. I ended up downloading a trial of WinZip to open it. I have a really short range of motion with the lever. Looks like it time to go back and review the thread for the adjustments. Thanks for all the help!

Btw, what are your F2 Servo a travel limit numbers?

Venom93corba said:
Alright guys I'm up and running. I ended up downloading a trial of WinZip to open it. I have a really short range of motion with the lever. Looks like it time to go back and review the thread for the adjustments. Thanks for all the help!

Btw, what are your F2 Servo a travel limit numbers?

you just need to calibrate it

DK. I know its of topic but how's that gimbal coming on[/quote]

Thanks for your interest. Works in the "lab". Broke all of my spare propellers trying to take off on first real world test this saturday (failed to calibrate main controller board after replacement). Waitning for new set of propellers and guards.[/quote]

keeps us all up to date I have had it with the rotorpixel one fed up with all the B.S coming from them

Booya! It's all good! Recalibrate the X1 and now I've got full range. Now I just need my Rotorpixel to show up :)

Venom93corba said:
Booya! It's all good! Recalibrate the X1 and now I've got full range. Now I just need my Rotorpixel to show up :)

setting can between 1000, 0, 850 your best is leave it plug in to your p.c and move the camera up and down play with the settings at the same time and set it were you feel happy if you go more then 850 you will get your props showing in all your video's or photo's

I'm sure I'm missing something simple but I can't seem to get it. I check the H3D2. I get no control from the pot and I get no auto leveling. When I switch back to Vision, I get control from the tablet (not in video) and I get auto horizon adjust.

What am I missing?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKVq145bVQg[/youtube]

You are almost there. Once you have set H3 2d exit the programme, then launch the standard Phantom Assistant. Under Basic tab there is now an X1 option where you calibrate. Clearly you can't do that right with your Tx in bits... :ugeek:

The full steps are:

• Download the Phantom Tool package from Dropbox & Unzip somewhere convenient.
  • Connect your Phantom2 Vision to the computer via USB
  • Power Phantom & turn on Tx
  • Start the Phantom2-Tool you just downloaded.
  • Select the H3 2d box (not the vision one).
  • Close tool
  • Start DJI Phantom 2 Assistant_1.08
  • Got to basic Tab and select Start button to calibrate X1 (7th Channel).
  • Click Finish.

Note that you can no longer move the gimbal in your Phone app, only on the extra lever your have fitted to the UPPER potentiometer. If you want to go back to using the phone to control gimbal, load the Phanom2-Tool, re-select P2 and close.

Seahorse said:
You are almost there. Once you have set H3 2d exit the programme, then launch the standard Phantom Assistant. Under Basic tab there is now an X1 option where you calibrate. Clearly you can't do that right with your Tx in bits... :ugeek:

Fantastic, I was trying to calibrate under advanced settings, not basic. Controller apart to add another pot for control.

Thanks!

Update...for whatever reason, my gimble setting are way different then appears to be the norm. Using the pot I was able to determine that lock to lock, my gimble settings are 845, -345, -475. Inputting these values under advance calibration, then going back to do the basic (for stick operation) yielded proper results.

I scrapped adding the second pot for tonight. Will be project for another day.

iResq said:
Update...for whatever reason, my gimble setting are way different then appears to be the norm. Using the pot I was able to determine that lock to lock, my gimble settings are 845, -345, -475. Inputting these values under advance calibration, then going back to do the basic (for stick operation) yielded proper results.

I scrapped adding the second pot for tonight. Will be project for another day.

If you set them to 1000, -400, -900 and recalibrate the X1, connecting your P2V to your PC, you will get full range on the lever and the camera will start facing forward. Did you try it, already?

cavaleiro01 said:
If you set them to 1000, -400, -900 and recalibrate the X1, connecting your P2V to your PC, you will get full range on the lever and the camera will start facing forward. Did you try it, already?

With numbers similar to yours the camera would just point straight up in a bind position. The lever did not have enough range, even after calibration, to come off this position. With my numbers, it works perfectly.
It's strange and I don't know why but at least it works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Seahorse said:
Note that you can no longer move the gimbal in your Phone app, only on the extra lever your have fitted to the UPPER potentiometer. If you want to go back to using the phone to control gimbal, load the Phanom2-Tool, re-select P2 and close.

I wonder how Dronexperts will do it; app and the lever, both can be used without reconfiguration?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic