Ch7 Gimbal control with stock camera

It does not really go smoothly with the DE solution on my Vision +
My Vision (non plus) went much smoother before DJI blocked things :|
Sorry Mori,
I can not shoot, because I'm currently in Portugal ;)

I've recently updated my assistant software to version 3.2 (I had version 2.0, previously) and realized I lost the 7th channel hacking :cry: :cry: :cry: .

Do you know how (or if...) can I get back tilting the camera from my R/C controller?

I've tried several options, including some of which mentioned in this thread, but, so far, nothing seems to get it working again.

Or do I have no better option than to go back to version 2.0 in the assistant software?

It's never worked on the plus , no matter what firmware version you had. It worked on the pv2 but never the plus. The only way it would tilt the camera is when the apps off.

This thread is for the Phantom 2 Vision, so, I'm referring to the P2V, not the P2V+. The Ch7 gimbal control lever worked previously to the 3.2 version for the assistant software, but not anymore, unfortunately.

Ok, so how do you downgrade the Main Controller in the Assistant Software from version 3.2 to version 2.0? Help appreciated...

I tried it already, but it's not working. I "lost" V 1.08 and V 2.0 doesn't seem to be able to downgrade

OK, I got all versions from http://droneslinger.com/software.html!
Great! Downgraded to version 1.08. Tried upgrading from 1.08 to 2.0 but the software doesn't allow me! Strange, isn't it?
Anyway, I went to the Phantom 2-Tool software, and entered H3-2D version. Recycled, went back to my pitch control in the R/C controller and the pitch is working again! The only not so good thing about it is that my gimbal doesn't face 90 degrees down (don't know why?!?!?) only around 75 degrees...

Any comments on:
1) Not being able to upgrade from 1.08 to 2?
2) Not being able to pitch my gimbal all the way down?

By the way, my lever only works from half way to all the way down, the first half turn doesn't seem to do anything to the gimbal pitch.

I would love to recalibrate the gimbal pitch, but now there is now pitch calibration! Unless I'm forgetting something...

You're absolutely right, I just did it! Thank you guys, you've been most helpful! In fact, we calibrate the lever in the Assistant Software, Basic, R/C, X1 calibration. I had to put back the center in "0", instead of "-450" and now the gimbal goes from horizontal to vertical! Great!

Now, the only thing pending is to upgrade the Main Controller from version 1.08 to 2. I still am not able to do it, it says it's upgraded to version 1.08 and it doesn't show version 2.0.

Geert said:
Some members on this forum say that you can only achieve long range distances with version 1.08, so that was the main reason why I downgraded to 1.08.
Unfortunately, today I also lost control around 2.4km. Now I know it has nothing to do with version 3.06 or earlier versions..

Thanks Geert !

Good test.

I wonder if this channe 7 is ever coming ? Now fpvflyer isn't implementing it.
But how do we know for sure besides the video saying this ?
Has anyone heard this from dji ?

Then I think it was a kinda of irresponsible saying in the video that it was coming soon. Now fpv flyer isn't going to work on it anymore , he was are only hope besides Dronexperts work around.
He should of said what his source was or it was just a internet rumor. If he heard from dji that it's coming then I apologize. But he should clarify where he heard this from. A lot of us enjoy his videos .

You are almost there. Once you have set H3 2d exit the programme, then launch the standard Phantom Assistant. Under Basic tab there is now an X1 option where you calibrate. Clearly you can't do that right with your Tx in bits... :ugeek:

The full steps are:

• Download the Phantom Tool package from Dropbox & Unzip somewhere convenient.
  • Connect your Phantom2 Vision to the computer via USB
  • Power Phantom & turn on Tx
  • Start the Phantom2-Tool you just downloaded.
  • Select the H3 2d box (not the vision one).
  • Close tool
  • Start DJI Phantom 2 Assistant_1.08
  • Got to basic Tab and select Start button to calibrate X1 (7th Channel).
  • Click Finish.

Note that you can no longer move the gimbal in your Phone app, only on the extra lever your have fitted to the UPPER potentiometer. If you want to go back to using the phone to control gimbal, load the Phanom2-Tool, re-select P2 and close.
I can't make this work for me, followed all the instructions but still after calibrating the x1 channel I still have to use the tablet to til the camera.

I can't make this work for me, followed all the instructions but still after calibrating the x1 channel I still have to use the tablet to til the camera.

Mark your transmitter as "Upgrade version" on DJI Assistant. It's working for me.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2015-04-04 a las 21.33.09.png
    Captura de pantalla 2015-04-04 a las 21.33.09.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 355
I've got 3.06 I think it is and I had the chan 7 mod and selected "upgrade" and it worked....for abit... but it would intermittantly make the camera point all the way down and you could not move it. even after a reboot of the quad it would still point down... Was very annoying, it would work perfectly for an hour or 5 mins or what ever then it would point down and was worse than useless..
Calibrated and checked/redid wiring 50 times and was always the same result...

Spoke to a few other people who had similar results... Seems like most people just upgraded the actual controller.

Is anyone successfully using the chan 7 mod with newer firmware... Successfully as in working for a lot of flights without intermittent issues ???

When it was actually working it was great.. loved having the extra control..

Oh yeah I tried it in basic mode, and it moved great.. but as soon as you started up the DJI app it stopped working 100% of the time... so yeah selecting :"upgrade" resolved that.. but then I ran into the issues above lol..

*edit* is it working with 3.12 ??? Kind of hope not lol.. I ripped out the wiring for some stupid reason and left the control knob on my RC...

Mark your transmitter as "Upgrade version" on DJI Assistant. It's working for me.
I am going to try that first thing in the morning and I will let you know.
Thanks.

I did, both basic and upgrade version and it does not respond. Still using the tablet to til the camera.
I downloaded the software from the dropbox link. installed and ran the application. I switched the mode from Vision to H3-2D, then went to the app assistant and did all the changes there. It still will not respond from Channel 7. I have to use my tablet.
I should say I have the 3D power gimbal on my Phantom 2 vision.

I did, both basic and upgrade version and it does not respond. Still using the tablet to til the camera.
I downloaded the software from the dropbox link. installed and ran the application. I switched the mode from Vision to H3-2D, then went to the app assistant and did all the changes there. It still will not respond from Channel 7. I have to use my tablet.
I should say I have the 3D power gimbal on my Phantom 2 vision.

It's your Assistant in Phantom Mode o Naza mode? My it's in Naza mode, maybe that's the problem.

Let me know.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj