Ch7 Gimbal control with stock camera

Thanks, pyrophantom. I want levered gimbal control AND geo-fencing but would prefer the lever so I didn't want to risk the upgrade until I knew for sure.

pyrophantom said:
I think that from what ive read if you did the hack before the upgrade, then upgrade, then everything works OK - if you tried to do the hack after the upgrade, it wouldnt work properly for some people

I did the hack for the first time after the upgrade to 2.0 and it works for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ch 7 does work in firmware v2.0. However, with the hack activated, you'll lose Advance>Gimbal settings in Assistant software v2.0.

So, if you need to change the Advance>Gimbal settings you'll just need to go back to phantom 2 tool and deactivate the hack. Then go on Assistant Software and put in the desired gimbal settings in The Advanced>Gimbal tab and hit return to write..Close assistant software and go back to phantom 2 tool and select H3-2D to re-activate the hack. The lever should then work with the new gimbal limits you've entered in Assistant software.

I have a Phantom 2 with a tarot T-2D and all was working fine untill the last firmware installation.
On the phantom 2 tool switched to vision mode to have access to the gimbal settings on Phantom 2 Assistant_3.0,
then I switched again do H3-2D mode on the phantom 2 tool and everything works fine. No issue with the limits.
But when I reboot the phantom, he returns to vision mode and the lever pot stops working...
Any sugestions?

AresSK said:
Switched to NAZA model and calibrated X1 channel.

The good news is that I definitely get much more travel with the camera now. However, two things:

1) I can't get the camera to point straight down. It's pretty close, but not quite there. Any suggestions on how to get it to point straight down? Not sure if it matters but I'm using the Rotorpixel gimbal

2) Even after calibrating the X1 lever on the Tx, about the 1st half of travel of the lever doesn't seem to move the camera; maybe only the second half or so of the lever travel seems to move it.

Any suggestions on how to fix these items?

Thanks.

I have the same issue for point #2....anyone have a fix for this? camera doesnt move down for first half of lever travel...

CosmicFTW said:
AresSK said:

The good news is that I definitely get much more travel with the camera now. However, two things:

1) I can't get the camera to point straight down. It's pretty close, but not quite there. Any suggestions on how to get it to point straight down? Not sure if it matters but I'm using the Rotorpixel gimbal

2) Even after calibrating the X1 lever on the Tx, about the 1st half of travel of the lever doesn't seem to move the camera; maybe only the second half or so of the lever travel seems to move it.

Thanks.

I have the same issue for point #2....anyone have a fix for this? camera doesnt move down for first half of lever travel...

Same here. 1st half of travel on the lever I get no movement from the camera. I've calibrated a dozen times and still have the same issue.

jfmm said:
I have a Phantom 2 with a tarot T-2D and all was working fine untill the last firmware installation.
On the phantom 2 tool switched to vision mode to have access to the gimbal settings on Phantom 2 Assistant_3.0,
then I switched again do H3-2D mode on the phantom 2 tool and everything works fine. No issue with the limits.
But when I reboot the phantom, he returns to vision mode and the lever pot stops working...
Any sugestions?

Solved!

Vicrimo said:
CosmicFTW said:
AresSK said:

Thanks.

Same here. 1st half of travel on the lever I get no movement from the camera. I've calibrated a dozen times and still have the same issue.

You will need to change the advanced settings of the gimbal because the tilt axis is probably limited at -450.
Run the "phantom 2 tool" and chose "Vision" mode.
Run the Assistant Software and insert the travel limits with 1000 and -1000 on the gimbal settings (center with 0).
Run the "phantom 2 tool" again and chose "H3-2D" mode. Very importante, hit return key after select H3-2D mode.

Hope it solve your problem.

jfmm said:
jfmm said:
Any sugestions?

Solved!

I've got the same problem after upgrading to 3.0, lever stops working after powering phantom off and on

What did you do to solve it ?

metel89 said:
jfmm said:
jfmm said:
Any sugestions?

Solved!

I've got the same problem after upgrading to 3.0, lever stops working after powering phantom off and on

After chose "H3-2D" mode on phantom 2 tool, you need to hit return key to write the new setting!!

Is there 1 definitive procedure which gets this to work successfully after installing the lever etc AFTER the firmware update for the rotorpixel gimbal fitted ?

Have not updated or modded mine yet and would like to know the best way when my gimbal arrives ?

:?

The 7th Channel is a pain in the ***, the even with the best setting for travel the lever moves halfway before the camera actually tilts. Its a pain when trying to set up footage with both objects on the move, so I reverted back to the app.
Also while fine tuning my gimbal using my friends laptop and reverting back to the app I mistakenly hooked it to his DJI assistant who already had V3.0 before i knew it my P2V had already started the update.. FLM now I have it. Not something i wanted to have so now I am screwed with the **** restrictions.
I flew with the lever hack for a month and missed great shots because of this lag.

Edit. V3.0 does not have an X1 calibration on the Basic tab. so no more calibration you have to manually set the limits of travel.

jfmm said:
metel89 said:
jfmm said:
Any sugestions?

After chose "H3-2D" mode on phantom 2 tool, you need to hit return key to write the new setting!!

No amount of hitting enter seem to make the P2V remember the setting. The 7th channel works fine, until I power circle the P2V. I have about had it with DJI.

This is complete BS on dji's part. I don't understand why they don't want us to use the 7th channel with our pv2's. The channels is there already so why not keep it open to people who want to take advantage of it.

I was fine updating to firmware 3.0 and having restrictions on where I can fly and where I can't. But having them do this to the 7th channels is BS.

With that said, I'm not updating to firmware 3.0. Unfortunately my iphone app did upgrade. Had the auto update on. Wonder if I'll get errors running the new app firmware without having the latest phantom firmware installed.

Vicrimo said:
This is complete BS on dji's part. I don't understand why they don't want us to use the 7th channel with our pv2's. The channels is there already so why not keep it open to people who want to take advantage of it.

I was fine updating to firmware 3.0 and having restrictions on where I can fly and where I can't. But having them do this to the 7th channels is BS.

With that said, I'm not updating to firmware 3.0. Unfortunately my iphone app did upgrade. Had the auto update on. Wonder if I'll get errors running the new app firmware without having the latest phantom firmware installed.

I run the new app on an iPhone 5 with 2.xxx on the phantom. there is some lag when I use the highest fpv video feed but when I go back to what used to be the highest the lag goes away.
This lag takes a while to build up so I suspect it's my phone not the phantom or app.

Hey guys I made my 7th channel work on 3.04fw. Connect your bird to the hack sw. Open the settings in the mobile app and DISABLE the FPV MODE. If it's off just toggle it on and off. Activate the hack. It remains active after power cycle. Yupee I can use my lever again and have the waypoint feature. Let me know how it works for you.

Edit: premature happiness. When disconnected from sw it looks dissapear again :-(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1