Ch7 Gimbal control with stock camera

Geert said:
dave21 said:
Hey guys I made my 7th channel work on 3.04fw. Connect your bird to the hack sw. Open the settings in the mobile app and DISABLE the FPV MODE. If it's off just toggle it on and off. Activate the hack. It remains active after power cycle. Yupee I can use my lever again and have the waypoint feature. Let me know how it works for you.

Edit: premature happiness. When disconnected from sw it looks dissapear again :-(

Yes, exactly. I made the same mistake too. :lol:
This also happened with previous firmware version. Guess it will only work on 1.08.

But Dronexpert offers a solution : http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... no-slider/

Geert./.

Dronexpert.nl has a solution now but it is expensive.
PFV Booster is working on an app that will do the trick.
Here is a conversation about it. He mentions it about 6 posts down. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13496&p=185802#p185802

Geert said:
ResevorDG said:
Here is a conversation about it. He mentions it about 6 posts down. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13496&p=185802#p185802

PFV is working on it, you sure ?
I know he wrote that also 5 weeks ago in another topic. I doubt his words.
Agree, the Dronexpert solution is expensive.
Still hoping that DJI is coming up with something.

Geert./.

At few days ago he said it was his main focus. You never know with this kind of retrofit software, he may run into a wall, but I am hopeful.

My drone expert 7th channel fix has arrived today after they fixed the issues about android and ground station so hoping to get that up and running this weekend inbetween thunderstorms :D

Will do - they sent it a couple of weeks ago then recalled it when people had problems but they said they have fixed them now !

here's hoping !

;)

OK folks its official....it works HURRAH !!!.....was going to do a video then realised it looked just the same as the DE video so why bother, suffice to say installation was a doddle and it works fine lever and app.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D

A little expensive? Try $138 delivered to the US, in only 2-3 weeks....

ResevorDG said:
Geert said:
dave21 said:
Hey guys I made my 7th channel work on 3.04fw. Connect your bird to the hack sw. Open the settings in the mobile app and DISABLE the FPV MODE. If it's off just toggle it on and off. Activate the hack. It remains active after power cycle. Yupee I can use my lever again and have the waypoint feature. Let me know how it works for you.

Edit: premature happiness. When disconnected from sw it looks dissapear again :-(

Yes, exactly. I made the same mistake too. :lol:
This also happened with previous firmware version. Guess it will only work on 1.08.

But Dronexpert offers a solution : http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... no-slider/

Geert./.

Haven't heard any thing from PVFLYER about channel 7 lately.
I'm starting to lose hope if it ever will get fixed. I'm so tired hearing I got 5000 - 10,000 feet. I for one could careless about flying that far. I just want to be able to tilt the camera smoothly.
Yes I understand some guys are into that stuff and I'm not criticizing them. But how many of us really fly that far ? I love the app , but I really would use channel 7 more than going long distance.
Done bitching for now.

Want I don't understand is why DJI just don't us to use the 7th channel and only want to use the app. would 'ant it be safer using the 7th channel via a lever that why you don't have to take your eyes of your phantom. I fine it a pain in the backside having to take my fingers of the controls to us the app. so come on DJI give us the options APP or lever.

Geert said:
For some reason DJI don't want us to use the lever at the backside. I did send several emails to DJI but no response so far.
I seriously doubt the app developers can work around this issue, but you never know if and when the white rabbit will come out of the hat.

:lol:

Geert./.

same here I have email them about it but same as you never got back to me. you would think that with all these new uav coming on the market with the 7th channel that DJI would want to keep there customs happy. maybe when sale's start dropping off and people start going else where will they do something about and I don't mean bring the phantom 3 out and make it that the 7th channel only works with that one and piss everyone off even more but start looking after the customs they do have

Still enjoying my DE lever function :D

pyrophantom said:
Still enjoying my DE lever function :D
Have you upgraded to the latest firmware 3.06? Wondering if the functionality could be affected by the firmware.

I've been checking out the site, but haven't seen much instructions in the way of installation. I know you have to crack open the case, but what exactly's involved?

There are instructions in a video but its easy peasy to do, just a bit of unplugging and replugging new cables and put it back together, no soldering or anything.

:D

pyrophantom said:
There are instructions in a video but its easy peasy to do, just a bit of unplugging and replugging new cables and put it back together, no soldering or anything.

:D
Cool. Easy enough for me then. I'm hopeless with soldering and stuff like that.

Now I just need to confirm if it works regardless of the phantom's firmware. I'm currently on 3.04

Can you post a video while your tilting up and down . I would like to see how smooth it is. The dji tilt was very smooth.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl