blurry cam....time for rage cam?

Reaction score
I'm getting no response from the DJI America tech support regarding my "left-side" blurry camera issue.

I'm wondering if I should take this opportunity and just have the rage cam lens installed.

any opinions??

definite improvement?

will reduced FOV ever be a concern?

I has the same problem and considered the Ragecam upgrade too. But I decided they are charging too much, so sent my camera back to the dealer and got another one. It was bad on the other side, so I sent it back too. The 3rd camera was much better although not perfect so I kept it. The corners are a little soft and the extreme right edge is too, but I can live with it. I doubt you'll get a perfect one.

I use the lens correction in photoshop when I have a specially nice photo with a curved horizon that is particularly annoying.

My dealer (All e RC in Arizona, purchased from Amazon) was quite good throughout all this, very responsive and they seem like a great company.

Ragecams has now added a Deluxe option ($60 on top of $490) that includes a filter ring and filter kit. They say they've done 10 of these. It was 4 back when I was talking to them. I think they would have vastly more business at half the price - although even then it's quite a bit of money. I just don't see how it is worth what they charge.

nhoover said:
I has the same problem and considered the Ragecam upgrade too. But I decided they are charging too much, so sent my camera back to the dealer and got another one. It was bad on the other side, so I sent it back too. The 3rd camera was much better although not perfect so I kept it. The corners are a little soft and the extreme right edge is too, but I can live with it. I doubt you'll get a perfect one.

I use the lens correction in photoshop when I have a specially nice photo with a curved horizon that is particularly annoying.

My dealer (All e RC in Arizona, purchased from Amazon) was quite good throughout all this, very responsive and they seem like a great company.

Ragecams has now added a Deluxe option ($60 on top of $490) that includes a filter ring and filter kit. They say they've done 10 of these. It was 4 back when I was talking to them. I think they would have vastly more business at half the price - although even then it's quite a bit of money. I just don't see how it is worth what they charge.
I just got my camera back from Ragecam. I am waiting for my new gimbal.... few days, then I will post pictures..... We will all see if it was worth it..... ?? LYK

AllanVB said:
nhoover said:

I just got my camera back from Ragecam. I am waiting for my new gimbal.... few days, then I will post pictures..... We will all see if it was worth it..... ?? LYK

Thanks....can you snap a few just handheld for me to peek at? I am very interested in thec quality and FOV change , and need to decide soon.

how fast was the process?

Sledge said:
AllanVB said:
nhoover said:

Thanks....can you snap a few just handheld for me to peek at? I am very interested in thec quality and FOV change , and need to decide soon.

how fast was the process?
Long Story.... stay tuned.

I emailed Ragecams and they did not appear very knowledgeable. I asked what the 35mm lens focal length equivalent was for their lens and he could not tell me. He just kept saying it's "like 35mm". HUH??? What the heck is THAT supposed to mean???? Needless to say, I was not impressed.

And after I finally DID get into the camera and discover how to easily re-focus it, I decided that he was charging WAY too much to simply replace an M12 style lens.

Send your camera back and get a replacement. Cheaper than forking over $400 to some guy to replace what DJI can fix for FREE.

FSJ Guy said:
I emailed Ragecams and they did not appear very knowledgeable. I asked what the 35mm lens focal length equivalent was for their lens and he could not tell me. He just kept saying it's "like 35mm". HUH??? What the heck is THAT supposed to mean???? Needless to say, I was not impressed.

And after I finally DID get into the camera and discover how to easily re-focus it, I decided that he was charging WAY too much to simply replace an M12 style lens.

Send your camera back and get a replacement. Cheaper than forking over $400 to some guy to replace what DJI can fix for FREE.

Thanks for your input FSJ Guy.....I cant seem to get any response from DJI...how did u get the return process rolling?

Sledge said:
FSJ Guy said:

Thanks for your input FSJ Guy.....I cant seem to get any response from DJI...how did u get the return process rolling?

“RageCams and I have not reached a mutual agreement. I am not happy, they are happy. This is not the End of story..”
Allan

We thank Allan for his business & cooperation. We have reached a mutual agreement & understanding with all of his questions and concerns.

Visit our store website! www.ragecams.com
"LIKE" us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/ragecams
Follow us on Twitter! twitter.com/RageCams
Check out our YouTube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSq4orAaqDAp6WIMIoocZwQ

We can install the lens on your Vision2 & customize it for interchangeable lenses and filters.
If you're interested, inquire with us at [email protected]!

"You may ask, 'Why not just use the GoPro de-fish software instead of changing the lens?'
--The correction tools in GoPro Studio 2.0, removing the fisheye will twist the edge of the video & make it even worse. Every time you yaw your helicopter, it will make a very hard & narrow point of movement making the edge strange. That is the reason most customers replace the original with the 5.4 mm flat lens from RageCams."

The most unbelievable part of this rant is that he claims to have taken FOUR HOURS to take apart the FC200, unscrew a lens and screw another one in. :lol:

I am SO glad I didn't send my camera to this person....

Sledge said:
I'm getting no response from the DJI America tech support regarding my "left-side" blurry camera issue.

Have you tried calling their LA support number? You will be on hold for maybe an hour or more, but they have good support. I had the same problem and they replaced the camera with one I was much happier with.

We thank Allan for his business & cooperation. We have reached a mutual agreement & understanding with all of his questions and concerns.

Visit our store website! www.ragecams.com
"LIKE" us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/ragecams
Follow us on Twitter! twitter.com/RageCams
Check out our YouTube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSq4orAaqDAp6WIMIoocZwQ

We can install the lens on your Vision2 & customize it for interchangeable lenses and filters.
If you're interested, inquire with us at [email protected]!

"You may ask, 'Why not just use the GoPro de-fish software instead of changing the lens?'
--The correction tools in GoPro Studio 2.0, removing the fisheye will twist the edge of the video & make it even worse. Every time you yaw your helicopter, it will make a very hard & narrow point of movement making the edge strange. That is the reason most customers replace the original with the 5.4 mm flat lens from RageCams."

I'm no expert so please someone with more lens knowledge chime in, am I right in saying a camera picture that is blurry on one side is not down to the lens, I thought adjusting the lens would make the whole picture either blurry or sharp and being blurry on one side would be down to a faulty camera?

I have a spare fc200 camera to play with, I thought I had damaged it so ordered another and sods law managed to get it working again :lol: never mind, anyways I have ordered some different m12 lenses to try and remove this fish eye effect, I'm just waiting for them to turn up so will keep you all posted, if I manage to find a lens that works i'll post the link where I got it from, the most expensive lens I purchased I think was about $25 so if it works goodbye expensive lenses :D

NEILS said:
I'm no expert so please someone with more lens knowledge chime in, am I right in saying a camera picture that is blurry on one side is not down to the lens, I thought adjusting the lens would make the whole picture either blurry or sharp and being blurry on one side would be down to a faulty camera?

I have a spare fc200 camera to play with, I thought I had damaged it so ordered another and sods law managed to get it working again :lol: never mind, anyways I have ordered some different m12 lenses to try and remove this fish eye effect, I'm just waiting for them to turn up so will keep you all posted, if I manage to find a lens that works i'll post the link where I got it from, the most expensive lens I purchased I think was about $25 so if it works goodbye expensive lenses :D

AWESOME!!!

MUCH appreciated!

mikeboruta said:
Sledge said:

Have you tried calling their LA support number? You will be on hold for maybe an hour or more, but they have good support. I had the same problem and they replaced the camera with one I was much happier with.

Do you know the phone # for the LA support?

I agree with the others, if your lens is soft on one side it is defective so demand a replacement. I have a great dealer here in the UK and he did mine without question and i assume he was reimbursed by DJI.

(Have to say though, you cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen