Exiting Tap To Fly and Go 4 App Blanking.

Reaction score
I have had my Phantom 4 Pro for a week and a day now. To say its been interesting is a bit of an understatement. Apparently looking at other postings recently on this forum I am not the only one.

Problems in a nutshell. All the software up to date on all the items. Batteries fully charged. No local interference. IMU and compasses calibrated.

DJI 4 GO app suddenly going blank. (it basically crashes) Not fun mid flight.

The MODES not behaving as they should. Example you go into Tap To Fly mode and it wont come out of it.

So rather than explain more I will just put up the emails between myself and DJI. Have made progress of sorts but more of that later. Oh and notice how they did not spot it was a PLUS model.

My original email to DJI :-

I have a Phantom 4 Pro Plus

: All software up to date. I have previously owned a P3P No problems. I beginning to wish I had stuck with the P3P. Problem yesterday. The screen went blank eventually got the message the Go App had stopped. Managed to do a RTH and restarted app. Today. Would not exit 'Tap to fly mode' the drone drifted badly off course, no high winds. I tried switching from P to A mode. Pulling back on the stick for 4 seconds. Tapping the screen. It would not come out of Tap to Fly mode. I eventually brought it back to me but the thing insisted on showing the green arrows for the TTF mode. As soon as I let go of the controls it proceeded to fly on the route it showed, even at ground level as I attempted to land it turned into a strimmer as it tried to fly into a hedge. Now have a green prop. The record video button did not work. Neither on the screen or the button on the RC. In case I was in camera mode I attempted to take a photo........... nothing. Yesterday it worked today it does not. I got a message up advising me about the dangers of flying whilst in S Sport mode, despite the fact the switch was in P mode. There could have been other messages but I was keeping an eye on the drone as it was insisting on flying away from me in a random direction to follow the TTF mode. If I did not have the P4P Plus I would think of uninstalling the GO app and re-installing. This should NOT be happening to a brand new drone. Before I send it back......................... suggestions?

___________________________________________________________________________________

These are the replies I got. Its a bit confusing you have to read from the bottom up. Read the last first if that makes sense.

Amadeo (DJI)

May 26, 22:10 CST

Hi Frank,

Thank you for the prompt response,

With regards on that, Yes. Could you please perform that. But first could you please try if the issue persists even after re-upgrading.

Thank you for choosing DJI

Best Regards,
Amadeo P.
DJI Technical Support

f942ec1f5d1fb09afa8bf1c9026d99b5

Frankcarringto

May 26, 20:09 CST

Hi,

To clarify.

/Downgrade/ the firmware on the drone. Then start up the RC and the RC
will downgrade its firmware to match the drones firmware? I have just
downgraded the drone firmware then upgraded it again.

We will get there in the end.

Best regards,

FrankC

mg1.gif

Amadeo (DJI)

May 26, 18:37 CST

Hi Frank,

With regards on that, Could you please connect your aircraft now to your remote controller as it will ask for incompatibility which you would be able to switch the firmware for your remote controller.

If ever the issue would persists please re-install the latest firmware for the aircraft and let us know what are the results.

Hope everything helps and Hope to hear from you soon

Best Regards,
Amadeo P.
DJI Technical Support

Frankcarringto

May 26, 13:54 CST

Hi,

I have made progress of sorts. After trying a different cable, the
original DJI cable is obviously faulty, I was able to downgrade then
upgrade the P4P software _/on the drone/_. However you suggest that the
DJI GO 4 software may be at fault? Isn't that on the RC? Would that
need changing too?

Thank you.

FrankC

Frankcarringto

May 26, 02:57 CST

HI again,

Downloaded the DJI assistant 2. Now how do I connect the drone to the
computer? I have tried just about every combination I can think of.
My assumption was the Micro USB out of the back of the drone into a USB
at the rear of the computer. The Assistant software does not find the
drone, or the RC. I have tried connecting both the drone and the RC to
the computer. Tried setting the computer to find devices. Nothing.

I am truly getting fed up with this. £1800 worth of goods should work
straight out of the box without problems. Yet I am beset with them.

So I have a drone and a RC both up to date. How do I downgrade the
software on the RC? Then up again? If I do not resolve this problem
soon I am sending the lot back, NOT for a repair but a refund.

Regards,

FrankC

P.S I have watched all the videos on youtube I can find. None I have
found connects the RC of the Pro PLUS to the PC and the DJI assistant.

mg1.gif

Amadeo (DJI)

May 25, 22:49 CST

Hi Frank,

With regards on that, It would seem that it's not working through the DJI Go 4. Could you please try refreshing and downgrading your Phantom 4 Pro through the DJI Assistant 2 by following the steps on this video link: click here

Hope everything helps
Best Regards,
Amadeo P.
DJI Technical Support

Frankcarringto

May 25, 22:29 CST

Hi Amadeo,

Tried the video and despite its title it does not tell you how to
downgrade on the Pro _/Plus/_ model. I have held the three dots top
right on the screen for 10,20,30,40 seconds. All I get is the general
settings. Tried many other things too. Getting no where. Suggestions
please?

FrankC

mg1.gif

Amadeo (DJI)

May 25, 19:47 CST

Hi Frank,

With that, We do apologize for the confusion we're not informed as of now that it's "Plus" now with regards on your concern. Could you just please try downgrade and re-upgrade the firmware of your aircraft and let us know what will be the outcome.
To downgrade the firmware of your aircraft and remote controller :
On the DJI Go 4, You can try to press the upper right corner(the three lines symbol) 8-10Seconds, select the firmware version and downgrade the aircraft and remote controller's firmware. Make sure that it's properly connected.
You could refer to this video link in order to do so: click here

Hope everything helps
Best Regards,
Amadeo P.
DJI Technical Support

Frankcarringto

May 25, 16:15 CST

Dear sirs,

Thank you for your reply.

In order to do as you suggest, remove the old DJI GO app and replace it, could you direct me to a video tutorial on how to do this on a Phantom 4 Professional PLUS please.

Can you also give me a link to the DJI GO app I should replace mine with?

Thank you.

Regards,

Mr. F Carrington

mg1.gif

Amadeo (DJI)

May 23, 21:52 CST

Hi Frank,

Thank you for reaching us regarding this concern, We'll be more than glad to help.

With regards on your concern, Yes you could try to uninstall and re-install the DJI go 4 and after that try if the issue would persists. (Please back up everything first before doing so)
Now could you also please try refreshing the firmware of your aircraft in order to let us know if ever it's just incompatibility with the firmware is the issue. (Please also upgrade the remote controller)

Hope everything helps
Best Regards,
Amadeo P.
DJI Technical Support

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan