Any other pilots carry a weapon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep – “When seconds count the cops are only minutes away”. I think all of us from time to time tend to make light of the fact that we carry a gun. I know I’m guilty of it. But I also hope that all of us recognize that it is a deadly serious business. When the SHTF there is nothing at all funny about what you may have to do, and win or lose it will change your life forever. There is a LOT more to being qualified and mentally prepared to use a weapon than any state requires simply to issue a carry permit.

I know most of you are probably well aware of this and have taken the necessary and ongoing steps to keep yourself and loved ones safe. To those of you who have not, I sincerely hope you take the time to find out what you don’t know.

I guess if you live in America you have to be armed, as for me in Australia, no need, no one has guns.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: TDKUK
On the news this morning that a child was taken by a gator at the Disney complex and father couldn't persuade the gator to give up so now they have 50 officers looking.
Its not only the 2 legged vermin one has to guard against.

Reactions: BigAl07
Never leave home without my current personal protection device; Glock 23 Gen 4. I've been carrying concealed for 26 years. I've had concealed permits in the following states: Florida, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Kentucky.

I guess if you live in America you have to be armed, as for me in Australia, no need, no one has guns.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Bull , I saw Crocodile Dundee . Yawl have big knifes and throw can's .
Not armed my butt !
;)

Western North Carolina here and we all carry and usually carry multiples, "Just In Case". It's not because we're afraid but because it's how we've always done it around here. We grew up with firearms in our hands and knives in our pockets. Back in high school (about to reveal my age) we all had gun racks in the back windows of our pickup trucks with guns on them. Can you imagine what would happen today if someone had a visible firearm locked in their personal vehicle on school property? One time my senior year of HS I had gotten a new shotgun and our principle heard I had it in my truck (it was on my gun rack in the window of my pick up truck). He called me to the office and walked me to my truck so he could look at it because he had been thinking about getting the same one himself. After school we went skeet shooting together LOL!

I carry because that's how I roll. For the record I'd much rather use just about any other form of deterrent but if the situation called for a firearm I can pretty much tell you I have one within reach 24/7 and usually more than one.

Those who know me will know this fits me perfectly
13344625_1133899593318202_2383361209482479221_n.jpg

This one is priceless:
13406974_1104835529581768_7232099929852767559_n.jpg

"1973, a student and teacher guarding a Delaware high school after someone called in a shooting threat during a morning class. Juniors, seniors, and teachers went to their cars and trucks to grab their guns, and guard the doors between classes. No shooter ever arrived."

For the record I know many don't like guns and I respect their right to feel that way and I hope they will respect my right to disagree and to carry for personal, family, and THEIR protection as well. The gun is not the perfect weapon but it's a needed weapon at least for me and my family.
Nice pictures...Carry my NAA .22 WMR just in case...

The idea seems crazy to me, im happy to protect myself with just my fists, but i'm from the UK. If there were 300 million guns on UK streets as there are USA id prob carry a gun too when flying a $1000 toy drawing attention, it would be so easy to be held up. If i were a US citizen id own a gun just because they are so easy for anyone to get hold of, but id also want increasingly tighter regulation until they are completely banned like they are most major developed counties. Stay safe!

Reactions: drunkpenguin
Not all Americans need guns. :) But we do have some big problems here with it. If you wanna get into a fight with your fists come to America and question someone as to why they need a gun! Those conversations can get extremely heated lol.

A jug of gas and a match killed 87 in a New York Bronx club. Do we ban the sale of gas jugs or the gasoline?
50 were killed in a mine in China last September,with a knife.

Last edited:
I'm not saying all guns should be banned, but it would be NICE if it was slightly harder to obtain. I mean, activating my drone was more work than it would have been to purchase a semi automatic weapon. And everybody knows someone that has a gun that probably shouldn't. That's all I'm saying. The constitution states that we have the right to arms and I agree with it, but I don't know that we need the right to military grade arms. That guy in Florida shot 100 people with 1 gun! If you need a gun that serious to protect your home I think you should consider moving to a nicer neighborhood. :)

There aren't as many as most people think. This is due to the bias spin that the media and others put on figures. Every side will spin it to make their side look better and the media will sensationalize it to get more viewers.
Yes there are! You're kidding yourself, I guess ignorance is bliss. I own many guns and weapons would never feel the need to conceal carry or carry while I'm flying. To each his own though. But you're either not being straightforward, in denial, or just an uneducated on the subject if you don't think there is a lot of and far too many shootings in America. This is from an American who enjoys firearms of many kinds.

Yes there are! You're kidding yourself, I guess ignorance is bliss. I own many guns and weapons would never feel the need to conceal carry or carry while I'm flying. To each his own though. But you're either not being straightforward, in denial, or just an uneducated on the subject if you don't think there is a lot of and far too many shootings in America. This is from an American who enjoys firearms of many kinds.
Your perspective changes depending on where you live. Growing up in Sacramento CA nobody had guns. If they did they didn't talk about it and I sure never saw one. After moving to NM which I affectionately call "Gun Nation", there is a conversation about guns on a daily basis. I'm not exaggerating. People are allowed to come to work packing. They still ride with shotguns mounted in their trucks. Parts of the country guns are the norm, other parts they are not. I think that's where the big debate comes from.

No, I'm not. I'm not saying there are few. I'm saying most people don't know the numbers and get inflated numbers from the media or deflated numbers from the pro gun groups. According to the FBI, the US averages about 9000 gun homicides per year. Two thirds of those are committed with a hand gun. Are these numbers too many? Hell yes. If you want to compare it to other deaths and the numbers are not as astounding. Every year 35,000 to 40,000 people are killed in auto accidents. Of these, about 40% (~16,000) are DWI fatalities. You want something else to compare it to? Look at the number of lives that cancer takes.

I never stated that I felt a need to carry when I'm flying. I never even stated that I felt a need to carry at all. And yes, I own many guns.

........... completely banned like they are most major developed counties. Stay safe!
Oooooooo!!!! Burn!!! LOL!! Guess you really told us, huh?! We've saved you Brits asses so many times it isn't funny. Be glad we're armed to the teeth. Be very glad.

Oooooooo!!!! Burn!!! LOL!! Guess you really told us, huh?! We've saved you Brits asses so many times it isn't funny. Be glad we're armed to the teeth. Be very glad.

Really? You're gonna get aggressive toward someone because they live in a less violent country and feel good about it? Let me add this to my large list of reasons to never visit Oklahoma.

"Let me add this to my large list of reasons to never visit Oklahoma"
-drunkpenguin

HEY!! Just cause we don't have insane gun control laws doesn't mean it's a bad place! I can honestly tell you that it's a great place!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: snerd
So glad to see my thread completely -yet expectedly- derailed into a debate on guns. I believe the topic was, "do you carry a weapon (including a knife, mace, baton, taser, jazz-hands, rape whistle, tickle-feather, etc)?"

Not "how much better do you think your culture/country is because you can/cannot have guns?"

Reactions: llyons92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart