Any other pilots carry a weapon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I can't carry around my Mathews Switchback LD, quiver full of extra FMJ arrows, hunting knife, belt axe, monster fanny pack with all the rest of it, and a phantom drone... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Western North Carolina here and we all carry and usually carry multiples, "Just In Case". It's not because we're afraid but because it's how we've always done it around here. We grew up with firearms in our hands and knives in our pockets. Back in high school (about to reveal my age) we all had gun racks in the back windows of our pickup trucks with guns on them. Can you imagine what would happen today if someone had a visible firearm locked in their personal vehicle on school property? One time my senior year of HS I had gotten a new shotgun and our principle heard I had it in my truck (it was on my gun rack in the window of my pick up truck). He called me to the office and walked me to my truck so he could look at it because he had been thinking about getting the same one himself. After school we went skeet shooting together LOL!

I carry because that's how I roll. For the record I'd much rather use just about any other form of deterrent but if the situation called for a firearm I can pretty much tell you I have one within reach 24/7 and usually more than one.

Those who know me will know this fits me perfectly
13344625_1133899593318202_2383361209482479221_n.jpg

This one is priceless:
13406974_1104835529581768_7232099929852767559_n.jpg

"1973, a student and teacher guarding a Delaware high school after someone called in a shooting threat during a morning class. Juniors, seniors, and teachers went to their cars and trucks to grab their guns, and guard the doors between classes. No shooter ever arrived."

For the record I know many don't like guns and I respect their right to feel that way and I hope they will respect my right to disagree and to carry for personal, family, and THEIR protection as well. The gun is not the perfect weapon but it's a needed weapon at least for me and my family.

You just need a better slingshot... ;-)

RedHotPoker

You act like you are unaware, so I shall enlighten thee.
Laser Slingshot / Bow
I have a older PS-55 with both laser and red dot sights. ;-)

RedHotPoker
Just use pins here on my Matthews RHP and haven't bow hunted in several years but curious . You stuck any of those giant bucks you have up there ? deer-animated.gif

Archery, my number one. Love the fiber optic sights on my #70 Mathew's Switchback LD.
Made me a finer shooting archer.;-)
Thankfully my Easton FMJ arrows fly true...
Yes, Venison Buck burgers are what's for lunch today. Hahaha

How did you guess? If we had smellovision, you would be salivating profusely...
But you know, A fat doe will feed a family of four for 4 weeks.

Back Straps for dinner? Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Always wanted to come up there when I was able to add one of those monsters to my collection but ours here have started to do real good .
You can't beat venison and here we have plenty .
Like Ted says I used to wack em and stack em .
(side note to you veggies , If I kill it I grill it) ;)

The Nuge... Hahaha
image.jpeg

Been a fan since back in "Cat Scratch Fever" days...
Who knew he would take up the stick and string, or become a major spokesperson for our cause? ;-)
Have you tried the Elk? Mmmnnn...
Bison, is tasty, almost too much so. Ha

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Have eat it as well as lots of other of natures beast . Been to Co. twice but just ended up enjoying the ride in
to drop camp and out and the peace of nothing but beauty for 1 week each time .
Camping at 11,000' took some getting used to being a lowlander .
But what a ride :)

Family are from Canmore AB. So mountain retreats are a passion, when ever I can get back to them roots.

Heck, squirrel tastes great when you're hungry. Hahaha
And a handy slingshot brings them to the campfire. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: dirkclod
Here in the UK we have just 'celebrated' the 20th Anniversary of the event where that devil's spawn sicko (I wont glorify his name, everyone knows it!) shot enough innocents to make our Government take our handguns and semi-auto shotguns away.

My Family had a thriving business in custom handguns.....'had' is a hard word now seeing a proud craftsman poor and retired!

So now we 'Go quietly and carry a big stick'!

Actually I think one of these would be appropriate?

Considering that most hardware and Walmarts carry the the primary compounds for the first chemical warfare weapon, if someone wants to do mass harm its still pretty **** easy

I'm sure this topic will spark some good debate, so I figured it was worth posting! I almost always concealed-carry my Glock when I fly. Obviously I'd never draw or even brandish my weapon unless I legitimately thought my life or someone else's life was in danger, but I do worry about the odd whack-job who takes issue with me flying my scary drone around. I know, it sounds nuts, and it's insanely unlikely I'd ever need to use it, but I like to be prepared.

And in case you're worried Joe Schmoe is making the drone hobby look bad running around with his piece, I'm a former Marine who served as an armed security guard at US Embassies. I'm very well trained with weapons and the use of force. That said, I still believe the best weapon in most situations is your words.

So, do you arm yourself while you fly?
I arm myself with a pen when I fly my quad, I am in England and therefore not allowed a gun or any other weapon so I have to carry something legal, if anybody tries to rob me at knifepoint there is a good chance they may get poked by accident in the eye with my pen during the struggle as I will be holding it while trying to defend myself. I never back down to aggressors normally my words work well just ask Ronnie Pickering lol the whole world laughed at his attempt to bully me

Reactions: TDKUK
After 40 years of life I've never needed a gun. Here's to another 40! (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie