2312 Motor issue - UPDATE FROM DJI!!!

mendezl said:
So my New Version Phantom 2 purchased in November has:

-New 2312 motors
-ESCs without the "V2.0" or "V2.1" next to the QR Code software sticker.
-The power on Chime sound does not have the 4 extra beep tones at the end.
-On power on, there is no red LED lights on initiation.

Some stated that if you do not have the 4 extra beeps on power on then you have ESCs V2.0 despite not having the "V2.0" on the white QR code sticker. Can someone confirm this.

Also can someone confirm that serial numbers that start with PH645413 matches all the things that mine has. Or if you have the "Vx.x" on your ESC sticker what is your serial number.

-Ok so I have had 2 crashes with my Phantom where the ESCs were sure to have been overloaded / motors would have had sudden stops stress. 20+ flights later the phantom is still functioning properly without any obvious sighs of ESC trouble. This makes me feel that these ESCs do have the correct updated software and are able deal with crashes.

-Now we need to find someone who can contradict my situation. Who has the non "V2.0" ESCs with No extra 4 beep tones who crashed / tipped over and has burnt bad ESC or Motor wires.

As of right now I feel that despite not having the "V2.0" on ESC sticker, Not having the 4 extra beep tones on start up means I have V2.0 software. I will continue to fly the Phantom until there is new information.

You have 2.0 ESCs if there is a blue mark on top of the capacitor.

Eltrochaphantom said:
This is another person in another topic. READ IT!!

Following the discussions here I decided to check my P2 v2 (And register on this site after lurking for quite some time). And discovered the ESC's did not have the V2.0 marked on the label.
I contacted my supplier, who contacted DJI Technical Support, they advised that late 2014 the P2 v2 were supplied with ESC v2 which did not have the V2.0 marked, only the separately ordered ESC v2 had the V2 marked.
They said that the ESC will have a Blue mark on the Capacitor to indicate a v2. DJI also advised them that no way was the v2 supplied with 2312 motors and NOT the ESC V2.0

Thread continues:

"Email from them;"According to DJI Technical support, they informed us that when the production line first manufacture the Phantom 2 V2.0, they did not mark V2.0 on the ESC. The V2.0 ESC has short Blue line mark on the Capacitor (we mark a red circle on the pic) and they use that to separate the new and old ESC."[/quote]

There seems to be some confusion because the sale of replacement ESC's which have the V2 marked, but the factory fitted ESC may not have the V2 marked, (just a pen mark on the capacitor).[/quote][/quote]"

knowonecares said:
You have 2.0 ESCs if there is a blue mark on top of the capacitor on your ESC boards. According to another thread someone contacted DJI and they explained to him that they marked capacitors that were factory installed with a Blue Marker, and that the ESCs available as a separate part had the label with the 2.0 script added.

Uh huh...

bluecap.jpg

knowonecares said:
So if the above ESC were really V2.0 then it would not have fried?

Dunno. I don't recall fried MOSFETs being a discussed problem with the previous version Phantoms with 2212 motors. Now that they're using a motor that draws substantially more current with higher demands on ESC switching function for these 3-phase motors, we're seeing it. The hardware hasn't changed....as would make sense, the firmware of the IC driver is what's being manipulated to keep the momentary high current draws from being a dead short. So far, there are three firmware versions...the one they use on the no-version ESC...those are the ones that are crashing with fried MOSFETs and that DJI has stated is "incompatible". Then there's the version 2.0 ESC...that has version 4.02 of the firmware and they're good, but not quite good enough. Then there's version 2.1 ESCs, with the 4.06 firmware. That's the most current version. Is there a better one coming along soon? Who knows? Probably. In the meantime, we've got a problem. The whole "blue capacitor" thing smell like BS to me.

MacCool said:
knowonecares said:
You have 2.0 ESCs if there is a blue mark on top of the capacitor on your ESC boards. According to another thread someone contacted DJI and they explained to him that they marked capacitors that were factory installed with a Blue Marker, and that the ESCs available as a separate part had the label with the 2.0 script added.

Uh huh...

bluecap.jpg
Who did the soldering on this ecs; doesn't look much like factory soldering. And how ended the soldering-drop on top of the picture near the sticker there; did that came this way off stock?

aartsf said:
Who did the soldering on this ecs; doesn't look much like factory soldering. And how ended the soldering-drop on top of the picture near the sticker there; did that came this way off stock?
very good point! Seems awfully suspicious. The photo was posted here on the forum without any background information. We don't know what caused the failure. Was it spontaneous, was it after a crash or was it simply a poor DIY upgrade.

I give up looking. In one of these threads about the "ESC ISSUES' someone mentioned lights at startup (can't find it). so I went down and creaked her up. On startup I get a brief run thru of all three colors on the front LEDS's and then the rear search for GPS etc. I have PTV2+ V3, all updates and NO version number on the ESC sticker. So what doe THIS mean??? OY

I was the one who said about colours. Check that ASA u turn on the phantom rear lights should blink very very fast yellow

Thats right This was in relationship to whweter or not the lights confirmed or not the existence of 2.0

Prylar Bek said:
I give up looking. In one of these threads about the "ESC ISSUES' someone mentioned lights at startup (can't find it). so I went down and creaked her up. On startup I get a brief run thru of all three colors on the front LEDS's and then the rear search for GPS etc. I have PTV2+ V3, all updates and NO version number on the ESC sticker. So what doe THIS mean??? OY

watch about start up lights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jph18PU ... e=youtu.be

Well finally got a reply from DJI about the esc/motor issue.
Take a look how case is marked solved and closed yet read
At what their reaction is. Pffff

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (77897) has been solved. Please submit a new request if you have any further questions.

M. R.
M. R. (DJI Technology)
Jan 10 21:09

Dear Hani,

Thank you for contacting DJI North America.

We would be happy to assist you.

Regarding the issue that you are describing, we have not collected enough data to be able to offer an assessment. While we are aware of a handful of complaints made by users on various forums, our engineers have not had to issue repairs for this problem on a large enough scale to consider it a widespread issue, as we certainly have more users that are flying their units without experiencing trouble than we have users sending units to us for repair.

However, you can rest assured that if their is a discernible defect found with any Phantom units, our Repair Team will be available to correct any damaged units.

As of now, we are taking all Phantom issues on a case by case basis and will be happy to assist you if you experience any technical difficulties.

If you require any further assistance, you may contact us Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm PST at 818-235-0789.

Please note we have changed our phone service to include authorized dealers. If you wish to contact DJI directly please press option 5 after you choose "Repair" or "Technical Support."

Thank you for choosing DJI,
"The Future of Possible!”

DJI Customer Service North America

This email is a service from DJI Technology. Delivered by Zendesk.
Message-Id:9S3CBM24_54b2059a3addd_52f43ff5140cd408182546d_sprutTicket-Id:77897

DJI: we certainly have more users that are flying their units without experiencing trouble than we have users sending units to us for repair.
So if less than half have not returned their Phantom there is no problem?
DJI:However, you can rest assured that if their is a discernible defect found with any Phantom units, our Repair Team will be available to correct any damaged units.
Assuming it did not fly away or fall in the ocean...

I'm not flying mine again til I know there's a fix or confirmation that my ESC's are the correct ones. I will be buying another bird very soon and it's looking like it may be a different brand this go around.

Can they not see there's probably a dozen or more on the forums that aren't flying til we confirm the issue and in the meantime some are returning their new purchases for a refund and who knows how many are haven't purchased or purchased a different brand because of the speculation.

I saw a thread the other day with a V3.0 for sale because he had taken delivery of his new Inspire and sure enough the question was asked what version ESC's does it have.......that's sad

mendezl said:
So my New Version Phantom 2 purchased in November has:

-New 2312 motors
-ESCs without the "V2.0" or "V2.1" next to the QR Code software sticker.
-The power on Chime sound does not have the 4 extra beep tones at the end.
-On power on, there is no red LED lights on initiation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jph18PU ... e=youtu.be
-My Serial number is "PH645413862 V2.0"

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPo0HzPoetQ[/youtube]

Some stated that if you do not have the 4 extra beeps on power on then you have ESCs V2.0 despite not having the "V2.0" on the white QR code sticker. Can someone confirm this.

Also can someone confirm that serial numbers that start with PH645413 matches all the things that mine has. Or if you have the "Vx.x" on your ESC sticker what is your serial number.

-Ok so I have had 2 crashes with my Phantom where the ESCs were sure to have been overloaded / motors would have had sudden stops stress. 20+ flights later the phantom is still functioning properly without any obvious sighs of ESC trouble. This makes me feel that these ESCs do have the correct updated software and are able deal with crashes.

-Now we need to find someone who can contradict my situation. Who has the non "V2.0" ESCs with No extra 4 beep tones who crashed / tipped over and has burnt bad ESC or Motor wires.

As of right now I feel that despite not having the "V2.0" on ESC sticker, Not having the 4 extra beep tones on start up means I have V2.0 software. I will continue to fly the Phantom until there is new information.
I added these v3 motor to my pv2+. I have the same chime and everything else like yours. But I have a red mark on the esc. I'm assuming these are v2,s that aren't compatable with these motors ? I tried stalling the motor out by holding them a little while they were spinning , but nothing happened.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 537
I did read somewhere that if it has a blue blob on the capacitor that it is updated esc's.
yours looks like it has blue blob.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl