2312 Motor issue - UPDATE FROM DJI!!!

rdc4444 said:
Well I ordered two P2v+ version 3 in November. I decided to open the shell and take a peak inside and one has the 2.1 esc while the other one has the esc with no version number. I looked very closely at the wiring and escs on both and everything looked normal with no melted or deformed wires or esc's. Ive flown each one 19 times in cold weather in a non-aggressive manner. Ive also tipped both over when the motors were running and no escs were blown or show any signs of damage. Ive been reading a lot on this issue from this forum and dji.com forum and the more I read the more confused I get. Some people say opening the shell voids the warranty while others say it doesnt. Some people claim to have contacted DJI and vendors and that they have been told there is no known problem with any esc's on the version 3 while others claim DJI has admitted to the problem and to send it in for repair. Im just going to fly both and not worry. If one drops from the sky or has a burnt out esc I'll be back to let you know.

I can't believe you have 2 vPlus and here I sit waiting on dji to replace mine. I sent it last Friday thinking they should have it by now. I'm expecting to hear something maybe tomorrow, I hope.

If your esc's show a 2.1 then that's the quad I would stick to flying until you decide what you are going to do with it. I would send it back and get a new one. Btw, anyone buying a new quad especially a V3 should get it from dji. They have free shipping now. And the main reason is so you can get a quad that has the most recent updates.

rdc4444 said:
Well I ordered two P2v+ version 3 in November. I decided to open the shell and take a peak inside and one has the 2.1 esc while the other one has the esc with no version number. I looked very closely at the wiring and escs on both and everything looked normal with no melted or deformed wires or esc's. Ive flown each one 19 times in cold weather in a non-aggressive manner. Ive also tipped both over when the motors were running and no escs were blown or show any signs of damage. Ive been reading a lot on this issue from this forum and dji.com forum and the more I read the more confused I get. Some people say opening the shell voids the warranty while others say it doesnt. Some people claim to have contacted DJI and vendors and that they have been told there is no known problem with any esc's on the version 3 while others claim DJI has admitted to the problem and to send it in for repair. Im just going to fly both and not worry. If one drops from the sky or has a burnt out esc I'll be back to let you know.
What serial numbers do both of your bird have? As you might have noticed, on another threat of this forum they try to figure out wheter there is a connection between the serialnumbers and the ecs-version that are inside.
Thanks in advance.

aartsf said:
rdc4444 said:
What serial numbers do both of your bird have? As you might have noticed, on another threat of this forum they try to figure out wheter there is a connection between the serialnumbers and the ecs-version that are inside.
Thanks in advance.

the one with the no version esc is PH6453965**
the one that has 2.1 esc is PH6454709**

Both purchased directly from DJi website one on 11/14 and the other on 11/29

So...I've been asking about this over on the DJI Forums. DJI-Dboy, apparently a DJI rep contibuted the following to that thread. FWIW.

Got you point.
If that was true, anyway, it's a quality control issue. I am the same nervous as you when I just heard that.
However, please be at ease for the ESC---Motor compatible issue. I just confirmed with plant, for all the 2312 motors, the ESC FW are updated to V2.0/V2.1. As you mentioned there's 2312 with "No version" ESC, the esc also has a V2.0/V2.1 FW inside, with the label still the original one. So there's no 'mismatch' issue.
BTW, the difference between V2.0/V2.1 is the self-protection algorithm. The "no version" ESC is V2.1 when "V2.1" ESC releases.
Hope I have clarified it, if still any suspicion, please post SN here and I will help trace the production data

Hi, Maccool,
Just confirmed, your PH645395963 is V2.0 ESC.
All the official 2312 phantom2 from DJI plant and support center are with V2.0/V2.1. However, a few customer may find some with "no version" label, they are indeed V2.0/V2.1 FW in the chip. The compatibility from our official pathway is reliable.
what's more, as to the instruction card you posted, it's correct for the compatibility between motor and ESC Firmware.
However, just a reminder, if the esc parts are got from non-official, please check the version for compatibility.

So...ostensibly, DJI is telling me that even though my ESCs are not labeled, they are actually v2.0 according to my serial number, and in fact ALL Phantoms with 2312 motors that come that way from the factory have at least v2.0 firmware. That's what DJI-Dboy is telling me, after confirming that info with "plant".

Yes....I'm a little skeptical.

MacCool said:
So...I've been asking about this over on the DJI Forums. DJI-Dboy, apparently a DJI rep contibuted the following to that thread. FWIW.

Got you point.
If that was true, anyway, it's a quality control issue. I am the same nervous as you when I just heard that.
However, please be at ease for the ESC---Motor compatible issue. I just confirmed with plant, for all the 2312 motors, the ESC FW are updated to V2.0/V2.1. As you mentioned there's 2312 with "No version" ESC, the esc also has a V2.0/V2.1 FW inside, with the label still the original one. So there's no 'mismatch' issue.
BTW, the difference between V2.0/V2.1 is the self-protection algorithm. The "no version" ESC is V2.1 when "V2.1" ESC releases.
Hope I have clarified it, if still any suspicion, please post SN here and I will help trace the production data

Hi, Maccool,
Just confirmed, your PH645395963 is V2.0 ESC.
All the official 2312 phantom2 from DJI plant and support center are with V2.0/V2.1. However, a few customer may find some with "no version" label, they are indeed V2.0/V2.1 FW in the chip. The compatibility from our official pathway is reliable.
what's more, as to the instruction card you posted, it's correct for the compatibility between motor and ESC Firmware.
However, just a reminder, if the esc parts are got from non-official, please check the version for compatibility.

So...ostensibly, DJI is telling me that even though my ESCs are not labeled, they are actually v2.0 according to my serial number, and in fact ALL Phantoms with 2312 motors that come that way from the factory have at least v2.0 firmware. That's what DJI-Dboy is telling me, after confirming that info with "plant".

Yes....I'm a little skeptical.

Cna u link the thread on the dji forum please

All this is just BS, we should just fly our copters and get over the 2.0 / 2.1 nonsense.....My first non version V3.0 flew fine, had no issues and I got tied up in all this hype. If soemthing happens, it will likely be 98% my fault.... If it flys away for some unforeseen reason then oh well that is part of the RC game. People want these things to be 100% reliabile and factor in no probability of failure. One thing I have learned is that any RC item that flies has a high probability of find the ground. The problem with these are that they have more electronics to assist flight and return just make the probability of failure even more..... Let's move on from the ESC issue and start posting great pics and videos and enjoying our phantoms!

Really? Is DJI really this lame? So I get my PTV2+ 3.0 back from DJI service and guess what????thats right NO updated 2.1 ESC's...ughghghghghghghg. After explaining to them that my 3.0 had OLD and incorrect ESC's and wanted them updated, they send it back with this explanation..."we found a bad ESC and replaced it..." no mention of updating the ESC's!!! HOWEVER, I then called over to DJI Tech Support and they assured me that they were replaced with updated ESC"s, but then I asked why no numbering on the label? No answer for that!
I give up. This has been too much wasted time...I'm going flying..caution to the wind..its on DJI if it falls out of the sky!

hmmm tricky situation.
I think they just flash the firmware though, so perhaps just use the old ESC. 2.0 to 2.1 is just a s/w update so its in the realms of possibility...
Hopefully some one can confirm (not sure how though :( )

Prylar Bek said:
Really? Is DJI really this lame? So I get my PTV2+ 3.0 back from DJI service and guess what????thats right NO updated 2.1 ESC's...ughghghghghghghg. After explaining to them that my 3.0 had OLD and incorrect ESC's and wanted them updated, they send it back with this explanation..."we found a bad ESC and replaced it..." no mention of updating the ESC's!!! HOWEVER, I then called over to DJI Tech Support and they assured me that they were replaced with updated ESC"s, but then I asked why no numbering on the label? No answer for that!
I give up. This has been too much wasted time...I'm going flying..caution to the wind..its on DJI if it falls out of the sky!

exactly So Cal, go fly and forget about the hysteria.... I took mine out today with the 2.0 ESC flew 2 battery packs no problem.... No smell of melting wire, pending inferno, short circuits, explosion, nuclear fission or anything. I'm rolling with my bird how it is.

I can confirm that Helipal has the 2.1 ESC's in stock.....I got mine in last week. Great service and communication from them as well.

I would've been more upset about this whole situation except for the fact that I've been waiting on different upgrade parts from various vendors and installing my FPVLR Stage 4 kit so while I've got it apart I'll throw in the new esc's

Prylar Bek said:

Wow, I hope they made all your ESC's compatible, and not just the one they replaced. Good luck!

Texphantom said:
Prylar Bek said:

Wow, I hope they made all your ESC's compatible, and not just the one they replaced. Good luck!

I don't think so. Just wrote a letter to DJI. I want my money back. According to THEIR website, the NEW PT2V+ V3 comes with UPDATED MOTORS and compatible ESC's. Mine did not. I don't want replacements. I want a new quad. One that I ordered with the expectations of the times it was supposed to come with. End of story

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20