2312 Motor issue - UPDATE FROM DJI!!!

dutch said:
Tweezer said:
Official Correspondence from DJI regarding the ESC issue. I just received the update to my ticket I opened on Jan 6 this morning.

I have obscured and changed personal information in the ticket.

TLDR - ESC's with no version number requires for you to send in your unit for repair.

Anthony C. (DJI Technology)
Jan 20, 11:59

Dear Tweezer,

Thank you for contacting DJI.

The issues that you're describing require for you to send in your unit for repair.

In order to be issued an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number, we encourage you to call our support staff via phone to discuss your options.

You may contact us Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm PST at 818-235-0789.

Thank you for choosing DJI,
"The Future of Possible!”

DJI Customer Service Lead North America

Admin

looks like i need make a phone call , i really was hoping i wouldn't have to, but, this seems pretty cut and dry. and tweezer you purchased yours 6 weeks after i did,
i can't believe the discrepancies in parts used. ( i have vented holes in my wi fi module)

I got the same email from DJI when I reported my incompatible ESC problem.

So DJI replacing ESC for you v3 folk?

Obviously sending it in sucks but atleast DJI relise the issue and are happy to fix..

The ESC only $19 each for those who want to do it themselves.

justin00 said:

Obviously sending it in sucks but atleast DJI relise the issue and are happy to fix..

And just a couple of soldering points right?

Eltrochaphantom said:
justin00 said:

5 per ESC, two for the power and three for the motors.

hunch said:
Eltrochaphantom said:
justin00 said:

5 per ESC, two for the power and three for the motors.

Hani, soldering doesn't require much skills does it?

And not to mention that u have to unsolder all the ones that are already soldered

you are correct, soldering ESC is not too big of a deal if you soldered before.
make sure you use good soldering iron (25W is enough) and apply solder to the 3 copper connectors on new ESCs first.
then take off the motor wires and 4 power wire connectors from the main board and NOT from the old ESC.
then exchange the ESCs and install the two screws that hold the plastic screen on each arm and solder the motor wires back on the new ESC.

K take out the motor wires and 4 power wires? Aren't they 2?

there are four sets of power wires, one for each ESC. they are black and white on each ESC and motor wires are red, yellow and black.
be careful when soldering the motor wires back!!
two diagonal sides solder back BLACK / YELLOW / RED
and the opposite diagonal is BLACK / RED / YELLOW.

take a detailed picture of the whole thing before you unsoder anything so you can reference back to the picture just in case.

here you go.
this is how the wires should look like.

Attachments

• 10620395_10205500947390241_4647023923403261967_o.jpg
    10620395_10205500947390241_4647023923403261967_o.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 451
I've asked this before and never got a reply. There is one ESC that has it's main-board solder points totally obscured. Do you just soldier that one at the ESC or is there an easy way to get at the main-board points?

I'm going to say this at the risk of alienating people.
If you have to ask these basic soldering questions, do NOT do it...Practice on an old radio, amplifier, etc.
Not on your quad.

I attended NASA's school many years ago, and soldering was stressed, for obvious reasons. Cold solder Joints,
contaminated joints, improper solder fill, etc, along with vibration, have brought down NASA rockets.

If you are brave, adventurous, rich, or all three, by all means, have at it.

CapnBob said:
If you have to ask these basic soldering questions, do NOT do it...Practice on an old radio, amplifier, etc.
Not on your quad.

I attended NASA's school many years ago, and soldering was stressed, for obvious reasons. Cold solder Joints,
contaminated joints, improper solder fill, etc, along with vibration, have brought down NASA rockets.

True. My advise? Find a ham radio operator in your neighborhood

Prylar Bek said:
CapnBob said:
Not on your quad.

True. My advise? Find a ham radio operator in your neighborhood
If these are directed at me please re-read my post. My question is not about soldering per se but how to reach 1 of the 4 sets of points. They are obscured by a module. Since others have tackled this project I'm wondering if they removed the module, and if so how, or did they make the change at the ESC?

You're talking about the wifi module. You remove its screw and lift it up (slowly, carefully, with measured force). It's attached via double-stick foam tape.
It comes off cleanly if you're patient enough.

CityZen said:
You're talking about the wifi module. You remove its screw and lift it up (slowly, carefully, with measured force). It's attached via double-stick foam tape.
It comes off cleanly if you're patient enough.
Thanks. That's what I was looking for.

lmlm01 said:
I just got a new phantom vison # v3 does that mean my esc are dad
No, it just means that you too can join in to the hysteria and wonder if they are good enough or not.
Or you can just fly it.

lmlm01 said:
I just got a new phantom vison # v3 does that mean my esc are dad
Only way to know is to pull the top off the Phantom and look at the white labels on the ESCs and see what software version it is. If there is no version number, only a serial number, then your ESC is stated as "incompatible" with the 2312 motors that are installed on the v3.0 Phantom 2 Vision+.

Well I ordered two P2v+ version 3 in November. I decided to open the shell and take a peak inside and one has the 2.1 esc while the other one has the esc with no version number. I looked very closely at the wiring and escs on both and everything looked normal with no melted or deformed wires or esc's. Ive flown each one 19 times in cold weather in a non-aggressive manner. Ive also tipped both over when the motors were running and no escs were blown or show any signs of damage. Ive been reading a lot on this issue from this forum and dji.com forum and the more I read the more confused I get. Some people say opening the shell voids the warranty while others say it doesnt. Some people claim to have contacted DJI and vendors and that they have been told there is no known problem with any esc's on the version 3 while others claim DJI has admitted to the problem and to send it in for repair. Im just going to fly both and not worry. If one drops from the sky or has a burnt out esc I'll be back to let you know.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT