Gimble Motor Overloaded

Reaction score
So did a test run at a small closer to home terminal after my compass calibration issue and I wanted to see what everyone thinks of another issue I am having. When I was recalibrating the snot out of my phantom in vain in Newark, I got the Gimble Motor Overloaded error. On a test flight near my house and the survey this morning I got the same issue. The camera definitely has a side to side/yaw motion, didn't seem to effect the shots enough for the survey. Just curious what the typical fix is? I ran the gimbal calibration and it completed it but still getting the issue. Do I need to replace the yaw motor? The camera can move up and down freely, the ribbon cable or anything else isn't interfering with movement.

Here is the error

Screenshot 2024-02-12 154251.png

Are you using any camera lens filters? The only time mine has gimbal overload errors is when using lens filters and making multiple camera position adjustments during the flight. Some lens filters are just too heavy for the gimbal motors to handle.

If you have a side to side issue it is probably the yaw motor. If you decide to replace it make sure you use the original casing . If you are unsure about that contact me and I can walk you through it.

Reactions: rufushusky
If you have a side to side issue it is probably the yaw motor. If you decide to replace it make sure you use the original casing . If you are unsure about that contact me and I can walk you through it.
Thank you, I think that is the issue.

Any specific brand or source of yaw motors people seem to have the best luck with?

Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl