2312 Motor issue - UPDATE FROM DJI!!!

http://www.loctitefaq.com/

Topic #1. Some types of threadlockers will attack plastic. Even the vapors can weaken the joint. If one was to use a threadlocker, the way to do it would be to apply it to the screw and let it dry/cure before screwing it back in.

Fitted my new motors and esc's v2.1s just after xmas from RC Geeks, just noticed as I was fitting them they were 2.1 and not 2.0 but didnt question why. Still haven't tried them yet as weather has been pants and been too busy, one thing I did notice the new motors are very quiet !

Hope they work lol

:D

I flew this morning. It felt great to be back on the air. ESCs look like new after 70 flights. I will continue to fly and will move on from the possible ESC issue. Have fun, stay safe.

OMG... What is wrong with DJI??? I've just upgraded ESC's & motors to 2312's, flies like a drunken pig, all over the place. Pulled it all down and put the old motors/ESC's back in... No problems. The wires on the 2312's are thin, stiff, el-cheapo. Rubbish if you ask me...

Maybe the old phantom 2 are just not meant to be upgraded

Phantom_Menace66 said:
OMG... What is wrong with DJI??? I've just upgraded ESC's & motors to 2312's, flies like a drunken pig, all over the place. Pulled it all down and put the old motors/ESC's back in... No problems. The wires on the 2312's are thin, stiff, el-cheapo. Rubbish if you ask me...

ESC V2.1 with Motor 2312? Or does your ESC have 2.0 on the white sticker?

Phantom_Menace66 said:
That doesn't make sense ? I upgraded motors and it flew fine , but now I guess I'll upgrade the esc. Why wouldn't fly right any idea ?
I have a pv2+ with unmarked esc and it flys fine.

Mori55 said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:
That doesn't make sense ? I upgraded motors and it flew fine , but now I guess I'll upgrade the esc. Why wouldn't fly right any idea ?
I have a pv2+ with unmarked esc and it flys fine.

It's because the 2312's require the v2.1 ESC's which have the matching firmware. Without it, it's not going to respond or fly correctly. And the ESC's will begin to fry in a matter of time.

I don't belive that. I have the non labeled esc and it flys fine. Just afraid if I keep using it I'll eventually have some esc issues.

Mori55 said:
I don't belive that. I have the non labeled esc and it flys fine. Just afraid if I keep using it I'll eventually have some esc issues.

Well if it does not say 2.1 on the ESC I would be very very wary.

This is how I understand it:
It has pretty much established that it's the firmware version (V2.1), not the hardware version(V2) that we're interested in.

The difference can be noted in the bird's startup behavior AFTER THE GLISSANDE TONES.

PRE V2.1 = Four beeps on startup, Fwd LED,s go red BEFORE starting motors.

V2.1 = NO beeps on startup, Fwd LEDs go red ONLY AFTER starting motors

Here are the two boards:

Notice, they look identical, and both have V2 etched directly onto the board. (Red Circle) This indicates the hardware version.
Both of these boards exhibit V2.1 software version on startup as described above.
Only the new ESC indicates V2.1 (firmware) on the sticker

My original ESC:

The V2.1 firmware esc.

Attachments

• ESC-Original_cir.jpg
    ESC-Original_cir.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 379
  • ESC V2_1_cir.jpg
    ESC V2_1_cir.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 426
CapnBob said:
The difference can be noted in the bird's startup behavior AFTER THE GLISSANDE TONES.

CapnBob is your bird a new v3.0 phantom 2 vision+? With unmarked ESCs? And you have the beeps at startup and red lights in front immediately?
I'm asking because that would be the first v3.0 phantom that I heard of that has the beeps and lights.
If not, then I believe what you stated above is a comon misconception, the startup beeps and red front LEDs are actually only present in very early models of Phantom 2 vision+, long before the new v3.0 appeared with new ESCs.

All v2.0 phantoms(with old motors/ESCs) that I saw in person already did not have the beeps and lights. I only saw few on youtube that did. There was a video somewhere which explained exactly which birds had the beeps and which did not, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Anyhow the beeps and lights can't be used to identify what you have inside for the latest upgrades that were introduced with v3.0 phantoms

No, Mine is V2.0, which I have upgraded to V3.0 specs, except that I modded the original controller with a joystick pot for the new gimbal tilt configuration.

However, it came with V2.1 firmware ESCs, according to the startup behavior, at least this what I have found doing beaucoup research..
It seems that later V2.0 P2V+s came with the 2.1 firmware ESCs, which are compatible with both the original motors and the new 2312s.
I purchased the new ESCs as part of a kit, so I have spares.

I do not want to post inaccurate info, so if anyone knows different, please pipe up.
As I said, I have done a ton of research, and this seems to be the consensus.

CapnBob said:
This is how I understand it:
It has pretty much established that it's the firmware version (V2.1), not the hardware version(V2) that we're interested in.

Here are the two boards:

Notice, they look identical, and both have V2 etched directly onto the board. (Red Circle) This indicates the hardware version.
Both of these boards exhibit V2.1 software version on startup as described above.
Only the new ESC indicates V2.1 (firmware) on the sticker

My original ESC:

The V2.1 firmware esc.

The lack of the four beeps actually started with firmware 2.0, not 2.1. And many of the birds shipped with the new motors had firmware 2.0 with ESCs unmarked on the sticker. DJI claimed, at least in one instance, that the blue line on the capacitor indicated 2.0 firmware.

I know on my first P2 V2.0, I had no firmware on the sticker but also didn't have the four beeps, so I assume their claim is partially correct.

My original ESCs have no blue line, but seem to be working fine.
There is no way of knowing unequivocally.
Dji's Quality Control is byzantine at best, non-existent at worst.
I guess all we can do is get educated, make a best guess, and cross our fingers.
Now I'm wondering if I should swap in the new ones just to be safe.

CapnBob said:
My original ESCs have no blue line, but seem to be working fine.
There is no way of knowing unequivocally.
Dji's Quality Control is byzantine at best, non-existent at worst.
I guess all we can do is get educated, make a best guess, and cross our fingers.
Now I'm wondering if I should swap in the new ones just to be safe.

Well, to add more confusion, heres my deal. I bought a 3.0. It had all the updates, EXCEPT, no 2.1 ESC on sticker. I still don't know if it had the new motors as there was no printing on them. I did NOT have the 4 beeps after the glissade notes and the LEDs came after startup as well. Anyway, it is now with DJI awaiting their decision on refund or replacement. Odd?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews