Who will register their Phantom with the FAA?

So will you Register your bird with the FAA?

• Yes, voluntarily

• Yes if forced to by law

• No, I ain't getting on that government list

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apparently I broke the law today and didn't even know it.
It's always been the pilot's responsibility to check NOTAMS before every flight which would include TFRs.

Reactions: Gary E
If you are going to play in this air space, you gotta know the rules! :rolleyes:

I am trying to register my Phantoms in order to request authorization above my 333's blanket authorization. I received a letter from the FAA that my Phantom is considered an import. I have to request a letter from the Civil Aviation Agency of China which says my Phantoms model and serial number is not already register to fly in Chinese airspace. Anyone else get this letter and request the information from the Chinese government? Did you get a reply from the Chinese? How long did it take?

I am trying to register my Phantoms in order to request authorization above my 333's blanket authorization. I received a letter from the FAA that my Phantom is considered an import. I have to request a letter from the Civil Aviation Agency of China which says my Phantoms model and serial number is not already register to fly in Chinese airspace. Anyone else get this letter and request the information from the Chinese government? Did you get a reply from the Chinese? How long did it take?
Look at all the approved 333 Exemptions online to see what is required. The P3P is a very common aircraft in most of the exemptions. Just copy and paste!

Look at all the approved 333 Exemptions online to see what is required. The P3P is a very common aircraft in most of the exemptions. Just copy and paste!
Look at all the approved 333 Exemptions online to see what is required. The P3P is a very common aircraft in most of the exemptions. Just copy and paste! :)

Ten colors in a test pan, oh yea.

View attachment 34711

Wished I could have flown my P3 but gold in the pan ain't a bad alternative.

Do you even speak Chinese?

I saw what you did...
Ahaaaa keep that down will ya.jpg

Does the FAA say don't fly over 400 ft from ground or is this language going to change because the ground is not level?

The rule I read was don't fly over 400 ft. If I take off from a hill and fly up to 399 ft then fly horizontally, crest the top of the hill the ground goes down so the drone is now above the 400 ft mark and I am breaking that rule. Im trying to say the rule of 400 ft above the ground is stupid. I expect more stupid rules like this from the FAA when the action committees anounce more regulation of drones.

Pretty well accepted by the FAA already that the Earth is not flat.
The rule I read was don't fly over 400 ft. If I take off from a hill and fly up to 399 ft then fly horizontally, crest the top of the hill the ground goes down so the drone is now above the 400 ft mark and I am breaking that rule. Im trying to say the rule of 400 ft above the ground is stupid. I expect more stupid rules like this from the FAA when the action committees anounce more regulation of drones.

I live in the mountains of Colorado, our "hills" are thousands of feet tall. We still need to abide by the 400 foot rule. Stupid or not it keeps our drones out of the flight-path and out of the windscreens of manned aircraft. When someone chooses to fly above 400 feet and takes the head of a pilot off and the plane crashes and all the passengers on-board the aircraft die, rules and laws governing drones will probably be changed forever.

I live in the mountains of Colorado, our "hills" are thousands of feet tall. We still need to abide by the 400 foot rule. Stupid or not it keeps our drones out of the flight-path and out of the windscreens of manned aircraft. When someone chooses to fly above 400 feet and takes the head of a pilot off and the plane crashes and all the passengers on-board the aircraft die, rules and laws governing drones will probably be changed forever.
That ship has already sailed, and it is purely hypothetical fearmongering that has led to it, and no real facts of any single hobby drone caused fatality exist to back them up. The media loves your examples, and reads them as facts at every opportunity. Every former noncredible UFO sighting is now a credible drone sighting, even if the pilot says it looked like a trash can flying at 6,000 feet in the FAA logs of near misses!

In my humble opinon the 400 ft rule doesn't make any sense unless you have software that will keep the quad in the prescribed 400 ft space. I can see a day when the FAA requires a reporting chip to monitor position from the GPS of the quad so they can text back to the quad operator flight changes. This will be required by manufacturers all though does nothing about quads built from scratch. Such is government regulations that effects people that are trying to stay within the law and do not effect law breakers because they don't care about law. So yes I will register as I also follow firearm laws that regulate and burden law bidding citizens that want to own a firearm. That is my point, no matter how many regulations the FAA makes they are not enforceable and will not protect anyone. The registration will be just for the honest and will just increase red tape and buocracy. The only thing that will help is education and awareness...

In my humble opinon the 400 ft rule doesn't make any sense unless you have software that will keep the quad in the prescribed 400 ft space. I can see a day when the FAA requires a reporting chip to monitor position from the GPS of the quad so they can text back to the quad operator flight changes. This will be required by manufacturers all though does nothing about quads built from scratch. Such is government regulations that effects people that are trying to stay within the law and do not effect law breakers because they don't care about law. So yes I will register as I also follow firearm laws that regulate and burden law bidding citizens that want to own a firearm. That is my point, no matter how many regulations the FAA makes they are not enforceable and will not protect anyone. The registration will be just for the honest and will just increase red tape and buocracy. The only thing that will help is education and awareness...
Yes, we need to educate everyone about staying below 400 ft AGL regardless of the terrain and make them aware of the dangers of not doing so.
Great point!
Maybe people aren't aware they have to rely on their telemetry and piloting skills to remain below 400 ft?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119