Who will register their Phantom with the FAA?

So will you Register your bird with the FAA?

• Yes, voluntarily

• Yes if forced to by law

• No, I ain't getting on that government list

Results are only viewable after voting.
Man, you can modify your profile and change the information! There is a big EDIT button on the profile page.
As long as you have your certificate on your phone (as a .pdf) or printed and kept in your wallet or with you, you're good to go.

True but I would think misrepresenting accurate information on that form could be a finable offense. Do you want to risk their umpteen thousand dollar fine? or hassle with legal fees to fight the FAA? I don't.

From the article... "
Not considering this a clear answer, I replied, “my reading of the DOT policy is that if someone requests the name and address of a drone registrant the information will be released by the FAA....”
I got an answer that may not make many hobbyists very happy."

The name/address info apparently would be made eventually available to public search.
If they have my registration number, they cant just call and ask for a list of drone owners, right?

If they have my registration number, they cant just call and ask for a list of drone owners, right?

If they make searching by ID Number, Name or Address available to the public that will mean a web page search form that allows you to type in anybody's name, address or ID and see what comes up. I don't think anyone knows how closely they will follow the Privacy Act or how they will implement this search form but if it accepts wildcard entry, then typing for example "Smith" in the last name input would provide a list of all those registered by the last name of Smith. Or entering for example "Oakland, CA" in the City and State would result in all those with drones registered in Oakland. They may require a precise and full address but that would make searches by anyone rather difficult and hence useless.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj