What case or backpack are you using

I'm willing to bet that most people don't have a case for their drone, and just transport it in their car just like me. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against a nice case, I just don't see the need when you are just going down the road to go fly your quad. If I did get a case, which I probably will, it would be one where you don't have to take the propellers off.

Hope you don't have to hit the breaks hard while transporting the Phantom. Sounds like a really nice "case" but not very secure. Good luck with it.....

I just ordered one of these as well. I was going to go with the GPC backpack but don't want to wait on GPC and decided to go with a hard case because of the "ruggedized" factor. Nice that they offer free shipping too. GPC's shipping quotes were just crazy high!!

I just took a hot knife to my Phantom2 GoProf backpack and my P3 fits snug and my radio lays on its side. Not going to spend another 249.00 for the P3 back pack.

I'm willing to bet that most people don't have a case for their drone, and just transport it in their car just like me. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against a nice case, I just don't see the need when you are just going down the road to go fly your quad. If I did get a case, which I probably will, it would be one where you don't have to take the propellers off.

Well yeah most grandma drivers you don't need a case I guess.
But when My Wife is driving you sure do! :)

You Don't have to take them off on mine I just had them off after a bench test.
<a href="http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/what-case-or-backpack-are-you-using.43874/page-3#post-413359">What case or backpack are you using</a>

Reactions: AmosMoses
I use the MicroRaptor hard case and love it. Lightweight and everything fits inside like a glove.

+1 Microraptor case here, i love not having to attach/detach the rotors every flight - Adam

How tight is the lid on the props of the Microraptor case? The case looks like it may be pretty snug against the blades.

I ordered the soft backpack on eBay. But until it comes in using a small Ikea step stool that fits the phantom controller and tablet and I put that in my duffle bag. I love that setup!

great price and looks like a real nice case but the shipping to the US kills it too bad, thanks for the link tho
I found this case in the US Hobby King website $20 shipping not bad. I like the case enough that I returned the much more expensive Koozam case.

Just ordered the hard shell backpack and should have it tomorrow. It's the one with the DJI logo and seems to be part 52. The one with the quad logo is part 50.

I had been using Chinese cheap backpack for P2 (that can contain wider skid P2), and for P3 I cut off a part and can contain RC in reverse direction (BTW cutting foam is easy using bread knife).

When going out for vacation, I newly bought Vanguard UP-RISE II 48. It was not so cheap and not so big as I expected, especially 4 hands of P3 are almost full inside, and not enough height for skids - but it can expand its depth by "gusset," and OK for P3. Put RC in bottom, batteries and small accessories side then the top part can contain DSLR + lens (or underwear). Also Macbook Air/Pro can be stored at the back, rain coat is included. And the biggest reason I chosen this is, when I don't need/lose/tired of copter, I can use it for DSLR bag. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl