Tried repairing after crash, works until I put the case back together.

Reaction score
Hello! I've recently had a horrible crash with my Phantom 4, which resulted in a damaged case, 2 broken props, broken camera and a damaged battery.
I've tried to fix it and see what I can do with it now. I've took the case apart and I found a ESC cable disconnected. Put it in and started the drone, and it worked! The motors started spinning and they were working pretty well. Put the case together and got an "ESC Status error" and the 2 back motors were dead. Took the drone case apart again and saw everything was good and the drone was working again with no ESC error. Put the case back together again and again I got an "ESC Status error". Any idea on why that is happening? There are no loose connections inside the drone.

One thing to check would be the screws that hold the motors in place. I don’t remember exactly where I’ve seen that these can be a problem, but I do remember that they can enter the motor windings if not done properly.
Do a search on this forum for these kinds of issues.

If you put the motor screws in without the middle shell they can hit the windings and ruin the motor. In that case you have to replace the motor

If you put the motor screws in without the middle shell they can hit the windings and ruin the motor. In that case you have to replace the motor
At this point, i have to replace the whole drone 🤣
Currently the costs are $260, don't know if it is worth fixing for a Phantom 4...
+ whatever went wrong with it while it was flying that caused it to crash 🙁

Hello! I've recently had a horrible crash with my Phantom 4, which resulted in a damaged case, 2 broken props, broken camera and a damaged battery.
I've tried to fix it and see what I can do with it now. I've took the case apart and I found a ESC cable disconnected. Put it in and started the drone, and it worked! The motors started spinning and they were working pretty well. Put the case together and got an "ESC Status error" and the 2 back motors were dead. Took the drone case apart again and saw everything was good and the drone was working again with no ESC error. Put the case back together again and again I got an "ESC Status error". Any idea on why that is happening? There are no loose connections inside the drone.
I had a crash back in 2019 and had it repaired ($900) and then another repair in early 2023 ($645). Both repairs were botched by two different repair shops. Finally got it satisfactorily repaired at DJI for $149 and is now finally operating properly.

I had a crash back in 2019 and had it repaired ($900) and then another repair in early 2023 ($645). Both repairs were botched by two different repair shops. Finally got it satisfactorily repaired at DJI for $149 and is now finally operating properly.
Woah, what happend to yours?
The thing is that I'm not sure what else is wrong besides what I already saw. I'm afraid that I'll fix it and then it will just fail again and I'll have to spend a lot again to get it working...

At this point, i have to replace the whole drone 🤣
Currently the costs are $260, don't know if it is worth fixing for a Phantom 4...
+ whatever went wrong with it while it was flying that caused it to crash 🙁
You are right. I say replace it. Is it a Standard or Advanced or pro?

You are right. I say replace it. Is it a Standard or Advanced or pro?
Standard. I was thinking of getting a DJI FPV instead of another Phantom, but I'm not sure yet. Until I decide, I will let this drone be. Might dig a grave for it too, it was one of the best things I ever had. I'll make sure that if I ever go to the place my phantom died I'll put some sign saying "Phantom 4 is resting here. Reason of death: Possible motor fail, fell from ≈ 300-350 feet. Date of death: 19th of August 2023"
I'm also considering not getting another drone as this thing kind of ruined it for me. Maybe in a few years.

It does suck. I would sell it on here. Someone would buy it for parts. The remote is worth about $100.

It’s hard to find but the motherboard or any circuit board could have a surface crack. Have in the pass chased the same problem in a dropped handheld radio. Just a thought but it can and does happen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl