What case or backpack are you using

PHANTOM_3_ROLLER_CASE_6__38437.1433546326.1280.1280.jpg

Hi guys we are a site sponsor and make a case for the P3 as well. Feel free to check it out.

http://www.dronecrates.com/dji-phantom-3-roller-case/

Also we are currently offering FREE Shipping to Phantom Pilots Members. Details found here: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/drone-crates-phantom-3-case-discount-inside.45147/

I have to ask, am I the only one that bought the bright yellow microraptor case?

I figure if anyone ever tries to steal it they will realize it will be really easy to spot.

andy

I just got black with black foam cause I'm boring that way LOL . . .

Dji Manfrotto ftw!! 5 batteries , Ipad air 2 , galaxy tab 8.1. Lenovo y50 laptop two wall chargers for phantom. And tons of cords, tools, laptop accessories. The works. This bag is amazing. View attachment 22487View attachment 22488

I really like this backpack... My only worry is whether it is something I can take as a carry on. On top of that, will it be safe to be checked in as luggage in case they run out of room for carry ons?

I really like this backpack... My only worry is whether it is something I can take as a carry on. On top of that, will it be safe to be checked in as luggage in case they run out of room for carry ons?

Uh of course u can. It's no bigger then a regular backpack. The cheap amazon bag I used before is bigger and I carried it on no problem.

I just got my Think Tank Airport Helipack and the quality of the materials are bar none. I am a Professional Photographer along with Videographer so I needed something that I can carry both my drone and camera with lenses. I was looking for a backpack light enough that I can travel with by plane and also hiking for destination shoots. So far I am able to fit 1 P3, 3 Batteries, battery charger, 1 iPad Air, 1 15" MacBook Pro, 12 props, Sony A7s, 2 canon lenses, 1 Sony lens and various accessories and it isn't bad on the shoulders. Now I know the price tag isn't for everyone it's the perfect bag for any professional not doing this as a profession. I built my own hard case seahorse that worked well for just my drone but I'd rather consolidate all of the bags I travel with.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 577
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 563
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 521
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 571
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 490
I have a vanguard uprise II 48 backpack. It's a camera bag where you can customise the inserts. I love it. It's was $200 AU. Best backpack!

I use the floor board of my truck for the quad, and the front seat for the radio. The tailgate makes a pretty good seat to pilot from. I paid a lot of money for the truck, but I use it for other stuff too.

Hehehe.... that cracks me up! I do the same but opposite. quad on the seat, radio on the floor. tailgate for flying from.

Reactions: Panotaker
Proud new P3A owner, 1st post. While waiting for my tan Microraptor backpack to arrive, I found a safe way to transport the P3 in my Volt hatchback by using a couple of 5lb. scuba weight-belt bags (5" square soft-cloth bags filled of lead shot). Place one over each of the landing gears, and the P3 really stays-put (sorry 'bout the dark photo).

Attachments

• 1434912237072.jpg
    1434912237072.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 451
Besides the inserts and the price ,whats the differance between the Microraptor pro and the Gopro pro

Got my Think Tank Helipak today. First impressions very good: design and build quality seem awesome, it looks minimalistic and it can easily accomodate my P3 with accesories, mirrorless camera with lenses and my 15-inch Mac Book Pro, with room for more. I only wish the main compartment opened the other way.

I'll yet have to see how durable it is and if comfy on longer hikes.

For everyone with the microraptor, drone cases style case ie they all share the Seahorse exterior shell, has anyone found a solution to the top, upper foam to modify it fo fit the props so they dont bend? Its too thick in certain spots.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1