Watch where you fly!

Reaction score
There is getting to be too much negative news about Drones. A few Idiots can ruin this for all. Watch where you fly. Don't fly in no fly zones and don't BUZZ people or animals.
Have fun, but use your head at the same time.

I checked 1 no-fly map and I'm in a no-fly zone, but according to DJIs website there isn't one anywhere near me...

I checked with the city of Edmonton.. they have a bi-law banning all "propelled" remote controls from all city parks and public property... they told me to join a club if I want to fly around the city.. I guess the clubs around here can get permits to fly certain places and certain times. Needless to say I'm a little bummed out about this..

Wow. I went to 2 police departments here close to my home and confirmed it's OK to fly at the parks with the usual common sense rules about watching for others, etc, which we should be doing anyhow.

That is not at all what I expected.

Common sense is the main thing I think, but as soon as payday comes along I'll be joining one of the flying groups here in the UK to take advantage of the £5m insurance cover..... As I'd rather be safe than sorry. And the only time there are No Fly Zones are if there are Air Shows on.

KimBrown said:
And the only time there are No Fly Zones are if there are Air Shows on.

Large commercial airports are also no fly zones as far as drones are concerned, as are military installations (and not just RAF sites).

Basically the best thing is to treat all airports, airfields and military or government areas as no fly zones.

There's a good reply from the CAA here regarding the legality of drones. Note there are slightly different rules if you have camera mounted (either for filming or FPV.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... e_legality

Does this Forum maintain a list of flying groups in the UK? I'm in North Yorkshire and it would be good to meet up with other Phantom owners

The list of djis no fly zones dont cover all spots that are no fly zones and many of the ones they do have are not really legally no fly zones and are just arbitrarily added. Im right up near one of there big no fly zones circles that is an area were its perfectly legal to fly and no one has any problem with flying in it being its miles away from the air port which is not a very big one but because it has international flights and is now called an international airport dji thinks its some huge air port like its JFK or some thing.

Yet on the other hand right down the block from my house there is a real militarily no photo no fly zone over the base which is the country only large cannon manufacturing arsenal and weapons research facility as well as chemical weapons research lab. and its not in djis no fly zones. So flying over there property line would be a big no no no. So its kind of silly that dji will not let me fly in an area were there is little risk of getting in trouble yet right next to that were its been restricted air space scene the 1950s and a place were classified research goes on. It would let me fly over it and possible get in *trouble. * well actually I know the head of security there and I asked him what sort of trouble some one would be in if it ever accidental flew over and he said none. being an accident is not intentional espinage. But it very well could have them freaked out and it would have to be reported and they would want to know about who it was and why there were there and could lead to having feds come a knocking to have a talk if they knew who it was. BUT thats not really getting in trouble. Unless some one thought being asked a few ?s was some how getting in trouble. But none the less I try to never even come to close to there property line and stay clear of it. Just cause I dont want to freak any one out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing