Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware

DBeard said:
flyNfrank said:
Ok since we are finally getting some additional followers I set a area up where we can share files. I think most of you are already a member, so just click on link below and I have a thread named "Logger Profile Dashware". The instruction for adding a Logger Data Profile to your current list are included in the link below.

http://forums.multicopterpilots.com/vision-utility-app/

Btw, I will post some pics on what all my Logger Profile will work with in whatever gauge. Just need a little time.

I tried to register but it says my email is banned. :shock: That's what I get for being an ***, I guess.

What is your email address?
The only reason that should happen is if you have already registered with the same email address. I searched the user name you use here and nothing came up which is why I asked for the address you attempted to register with. Or you could just register with a different email address and change it later on in your profile.

Luap said:
ocatcr said:
Luap said:
Things that I am still missing:
In the CSV file there should be a column indicating Max speed - Not the max speed from the total logged time, that can be calculated in Dashware and is the same value throughout but the maximum speed from the start of log to current time played.
Same for average speed.
Could you have this added in the CSV file?
Flytrex seems to have this in theirs.

Could we know why the maximum / average speed are computed in this way?

For example I want to see how fast I can get to in a speed run -sort of like drag racing - and see gs for accelaration and decelaraton.
See what I mean in this video.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W7fRMW6egA[/youtube]

The speed Gauge is still very raw.

I calculated max speed for now in excel using the max function and saved as csv- but if you could add this when converting the raw to csv it would spare me a step.

It looks like your map display is missing some of the content. If you see this again you can select to either close course or open course, in the sync map area on upper right.

I actually did it on purpose. I set a start and finish point to only show the "speed run".
It would actually be quite cool if Dashware gave the option to only display data in the start and finish and have all other data set to 0.
I might suggest it to them - kind of sad - they used to have a forum before that was pretty active but they closed it for FB :roll: .

Actually, I wasn't going for speed - but my next flights I will. Will try to go over 100km/h.
Will also check how many secs it takes from 0 to max speed.
Wasn't something that could be done without a good logger before :lol: .

I haven't found any artificial horizon gauge. Have you?
I guess it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Luap said:
I actually did it on purpose. I set a start and finish point to only show the "speed run".
It would actually be quite cool if Dashware gave the option to only display data in the start and finish and have all other data set to 0.
I might suggest it to them - kind of sad - they used to have a forum before that was pretty active but they closed it for FB :roll: .

Actually, I wasn't going for speed - but my next flights I will. Will try to go over 100km/h.
Will also check how many secs it takes from 0 to max speed.
Wasn't something that could be done without a good logger before :lol: .

I haven't found any artificial horizon gauge. Have you?
I guess it shouldn't be too hard to do.

I can understand where you are at with what you are wanting to do. I have been involved in drag racing just over 35yrs. In the recent past I had thought about working with flytrex to put together a mini strip and attach it their current achievement system. This would allow racers from everywhere to compete. Once this would have taken off I thought of then adding in having to fly around a set object and back to start. Racer's would set their course up based on gps cordinance, be required to enter zipcode to cover weather conditions at time of flight. And so it goes the more thought you put into it you realize it would take time which many don't have unless there is profit in the mix in some way. Not only that, but I had also experience some real nasty customer support with the flytrex live which shut the door on doing any promotional stuff with flytrex. They are now turning things around with me and others, so much so I may just consider this again sometime in the coming winter months.

Btw, I meant to tell you, I think the data you are after is currently available. I haven't looked directly yet based on the stuff you need. But by memory I believe it's there now. I'll look again shortly.

These images show from my Logger Profile that I setup a download link for on my site, what I'm able to currently get data for matched to the Flight Logger Utility file. I can only add 5 images at a time. 5 more coming. Click on image to get clearer image. Look at names across top.

Attachments

• VP1.jpg
    VP1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 357
  • VP2.jpg
    VP2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 318
  • VP3.jpg
    VP3.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 305
  • VP4.jpg
    VP4.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 327
  • VP5.jpg
    VP5.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 350

Attachments

• VP6.jpg
    VP6.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 342
  • VP7.jpg
    VP7.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 317
  • VP8.jpg
    VP8.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 333
  • VP9.jpg
    VP9.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 313
  • VP10.jpg
    VP10.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 318
Ok that is it for my logger profile.

Attachments

• VP11.jpg
    VP11.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 334
flyNfrank said:
What is your email address?
The only reason that should happen is if you have already registered with the same email address. I searched the user name you use here and nothing came up which is why I asked for the address you attempted to register with. Or you could just register with a different email address and change it later on in your profile.

To my knowledge I've never signed up. I used a different email address successfully, however.
Thanks

ocatcr said:
flyNfrank said:

We are appreciated for your support and help. Any chance to share the profile.

Thank you!

I opened up a Vision+ Utility App forum on my site just so we can share profiles or whatever. Now we can share the xml files.

So I tried just editing an existing csv file by adding additional columns to it. However it did not work. This I something you are going to need to do. The names have to be on the columns prior to collecting flight data. Or is there a way I can add the column names without having to you do it? I want all the max columns we don't have now. Like Max Ascent, Max Descent, Actually numerous column options.

octar, this may have been answered somewhere else but I cant seem to find it. I downloaded the app and started the logger. Everything recorded and it spit out three files...cvs, kml, and raw. When I open the kml into google earth on my tablet or laptop I am not seeing any path information displayed. It does go to the location that I was flying but shows nothing else...what am I missing...Thanks for the cool logger...now to find a free alternative to dashware.

flyNfrank said:
ocatcr said:
flyNfrank said:

We are appreciated for your support and help. Any chance to share the profile.

Thank you!

I opened up a Vision+ Utility App forum on my site just so we can share profiles or whatever. Now we can share the xml files.

So I tried just editing an existing csv file by adding additional columns to it. However it did not work. This I something you are going to need to do. The names have to be on the columns prior to collecting flight data. Or is there a way I can add the column names without having to you do it? I want all the max columns we don't have now. Like Max Ascent, Max Descent, Actually numerous column options.

We think you could add your custom columns mappings(eg. Max Ascent, Max Descent) to the profile without changing the csv file.

lsteigerwalt said:
octar, this may have been answered somewhere else but I cant seem to find it. I downloaded the app and started the logger. Everything recorded and it spit out three files...cvs, kml, and raw. When I open the kml into google earth on my tablet or laptop I am not seeing any path information displayed. It does go to the location that I was flying but shows nothing else...what am I missing...Thanks for the cool logger...now to find a free alternative to dashware.

you could watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f31sugNe50Y

ocatcr said:
We think you could add your custom columns mappings(eg. Max Ascent, Max Descent) to the profile without changing the csv file.

How do you or would you add to the profile, and how are these added column suppose to get data from the flight logger after the flight has already been recorded? Are you guessing on this, or have you tried it?

Probably wandering a bit off topic here, but there's a profile editor in DashWare. With it you can add columns that are based on calculations using the logger data.

mmn said:
Probably wandering a bit off topic here, but there's a profile editor in DashWare. With it you can add columns that are based on calculations using the logger data.

If you can add the columns, what good will that do you when the data wont be there.The columns have to be in place prior to the flight logger writing the file.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl