Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware

flyNfrank said:
ocatcr said:
We think you could add your custom columns mappings(eg. Max Ascent, Max Descent) to the profile without changing the csv file.
If you can add the columns, what good will that do you when the data wont be there.The columns have to be in place prior to the flight logger writing the file.

Sorry, I must be missing something. There is already a Max Altitude (feet/meters) as well as a Min Altitude column in the profile. Do you mean something else by "Max Ascent/Descent"?

mmn said:
Sorry, I must be missing something. There is already a Max Altitude (feet/meters) as well as a Min Altitude column in the profile. Do you mean something else by "Max Ascent/Descent"?

Overall this is the message I'm really trying to get across.

Please add all gauge modules as possible that may have any association with multicopter's. So if we then want to come along and create a new gauge, that info will be on tap and we won't have to go through chasing someone down to make accommodations.

Any one using a nexus 7 try to open a kml file from flight logger? Haven't got it to show anything yet on there. Have used it twice and uploaded the kml to laptop both times and it shows path on there but only shows distance and height on one of the two kml files. Both CSV files did open in dashware.so far its got a 50% success rate for kml files.

lsteigerwalt said:
Any one using a nexus 7 try to open a kml file from flight logger? Haven't got it to show anything yet on there. Have used it twice and uploaded the kml to laptop both times and it shows path on there but only shows distance and height on one of the two kml files. Both CSV files did open in dashware.so far its got a 50% success rate for kml files.

I use Nexus 7. I have to reboot which takes care of it. They say I shouldn't have to, but I do. I have the 2013 which is also the most recent version Nexus 7. They stopped making them due to coming out with a Nexus 8 version sometime soon.

Reboot....

Thanks I will give it a try and report back. So to make sure...run the logger...stop the logger...let it write the file...turn off nexus7...turn back on then send files to laptop. Thats what Ill try.

I've been comparing the logged pitch and roll data against the Phantom Vision's video.
To do this I blocked the Gimbal (I have a P2V with 3rd party gimbal) and did a speed run.
I must say I'm very impressed with the data as it matches the pitch/roll movements perfectly.
However I^m slightly out of sync in the video.

What I'm missing in the Vision Utility Logger is the time UTC (or other).
It should make it easier then to synchronize the video by recording a digital watch with the Phantom's camera and matching it to the logged time.

I've also played around with an artificial horizon gauge.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQLK1a5TjlE[/youtube]

Luap said:
I've been comparing the logged pitch and roll data against the Phantom Vision's video.
To do this I blocked the Gimbal (I have a P2V with 3rd party gimbal) and did a speed run.
I must say I'm very impressed with the data as it matches the pitch/roll movements perfectly.

It should make it easier then to synchronize the video by recording a digital watch with the Phantom's camera and matching it to the logged time.

That video was epic... can you share the pitch gauge? Really nice!!

I don't even wanna try to guess how you got the meter tape and logos displayed properly on the ground like that... just awesome :ugeek:

Question for you guys who have been using this app for a while. Everytime my Phantom 2.4ghz connection is broken, I have to use my password to log back onto the wifi network, even if it is in the middle of the flight. Is this happening to everyone?

Luap said:

That Vid is dope! I was getting into the sound effects, and all of a sudden it stopped I thought "wtf" happened.

Have you tried unchecking the FPV Mode check box in settings?

The way I sync my video is, I 1st add the large flytrex glass gauge to use for a reference. I un check box to sync vid. Then slide control to the point in which quad just starts to lift off, an use one frame at a time button to reach the exact point. Now use the Syno Map control using same method, except now watch altitude feet reading to match up lift-off point. This seems to work well for me. Takes less then a minute to get set.

Luap said:
I try to do something dramatic in the first few seconds of the flight like go up fast a few meters or go in a direction fast and then just do normal flight. Then using a gauge with vert speed and heading, it makes it easier to sync up the logger data and the video early in the flight. And if I don't want that part in the video I just edit it out when making the final cut.

Hi, I present the problem encountered in the use of the application. I made all the steps involved and when I went to close the Vision + Utility I have already found it disconnected. During the flight, I simply stopped recording the video and then I started again. The application has, however, produced the 3 files that I send to Ocatcr by email ([email protected]: I hope it's the right one!)
Csv and kml files are unusable. I also activated the command "Export all" but to no avail.
I ask Ocatcr to try to utilize the raw file to extrapolate kml and csv files readable. Thanks!

DBS said:
That video was epic... can you share the pitch gauge? Really nice!!

Thanks- you can download the pitch gauge here - Let me know if works - You'll probably have to change the max speed input but rest should work-
http://members.freemail.ch/paul/Dashware/vision plus Pitch Gauge.zip

flyNfrank said:
Have you tried unchecking the FPV Mode check box in settings?

Not sure where that is?

flyNfrank said:
The way I sync my video is, I 1st add the large flytrex glass gauge to use for a reference. I un check box to sync vid. Then slide control to the point in which quad just starts to lift off, an use one frame at a time button to reach the exact point. Now use the Syno Map control using same method, except now watch altitude feet reading to match up lift-off point. This seems to work well for me. Takes less then a minute to get set.

mmn said:
I try to do something dramatic in the first few seconds of the flight like go up fast a few meters or go in a direction fast and then just do normal flight. Then using a gauge with vert speed and heading, it makes it easier to sync up the logger data and the video early in the flight.

Thats more or less how I do it - try to synchronize just at take off - but it takes me quite some time to get it right - will try above procedures see if it gets any faster.

Does any one know how to read the raw file directly - does it require some kind of decompiler?

Fabiog said:
Hi, I present the problem encountered in the use of the application. I made all the steps involved and when I went to close the Vision + Utility I have already found it disconnected. During the flight, I simply stopped recording the video and then I started again. The application has, however, produced the 3 files that I send to Ocatcr by email ([email protected]: I hope it's the right one!)
Csv and kml files are unusable. I also activated the command "Export all" but to no avail.
I ask Ocatcr to try to utilize the raw file to extrapolate kml and csv files readable. Thanks!

Fabiog,
Why are you saying that Csv And kml are unusable ?
No data at all in it ?

Best regards : Juan

flyNfrank said:
lsteigerwalt said:

I use Nexus 7. I have to reboot which takes care of it. They say I shouldn't have to, but I do. I have the 2013 which is also the most recent version Nexus 7. They stopped making them due to coming out with a Nexus 8 version sometime soon.

Reboot....

Alright, I rebooted the nexus and sent the files over to my laptop to reopen the kml file in google earth on the laptop. Now neither kml file shows any altitude information or distance. The only thing I get with the laptop kml is path but no other accurate data. When I attempt to open the kml on the nexus7 it brings up the location but no path or other data...anyone have any ideas? Im kinda at a loss.

Luap said:

This is sick! Please share how you do did those gauges and ticker on the ground.

Scott

Got this just today to play with the logging feature ( have the other booster app installed).
When I loaded up the other app it knew that there was another app (this one) installed and gave a warning so decided not to use the other app for now.. I'll trial the wifi booster that comes with this app, no problems..

Anyways my question is.. If I wanted to uninstall this app ( I don't yet, but if I do) How do I go about doing that ? Its installed some packages or something on the Phantom from the sounds of it ?? How would I uninstall those packages and make it as if I never installed this app ??
I'm sure the booster in this app will be fine, and I will not need the other app anymore, but I would like to know anyways just incase :)

thanks

justin00 said:
Got this just today to play with the logging feature ( have the other booster app installed).
When I loaded up the other app it knew that there was another app (this one) installed and gave a warning so decided not to use the other app for now.. I'll trial the wifi booster that comes with this app, no problems..

Anyways my question is.. If I wanted to uninstall this app ( I don't yet, but if I do) How do I go about doing that ? Its installed some packages or something on the Phantom from the sounds of it ?? How would I uninstall those packages and make it as if I never installed this app ??
I'm sure the booster in this app will be fine, and I will not need the other app anymore, but I would like to know anyways just incase :)

thanks

Yes it is easy to remove the server programs. There are only two programs installed in your phantom. Official OPENWRT OPKG Package Manager is used to remove the programs so there is no worry to any compatibility problem.

If you are using android version, please do

1. update to the latest android version and run the logger once.
2. ssh to the phantom (IP 192.168.1.1, login : root, pwd : 19881209)
3. type following command to the prompt

opkg remove myser2net; opkg remove vpuweb

4. the server program should be removed.

Fabiog said:

It is weird. Could you email us the raw file?

Thanks heaps :)

ocatcr said:
justin00 said:

thanks

Yes it is easy to remove the server programs. There are only two programs installed in your phantom. Official OPENWRT OPKG Package Manager is used to remove the programs so there is no worry to any compatibility problem.

If you are using android version, please do

1. update to the latest android version and run the logger once.
2. ssh to the phantom (IP 192.168.1.1, login : root, pwd : 19881209)
3. type following command to the prompt

opkg remove myser2net; opkg remove vpuweb

4. the server program should be removed.

Me again.. I do intend to read the 35 pages here for any tips/tricks and I know this thread isn't related to dashware... but just installed dashware it and having a quick look...
What data input type would I select ? and I imagine I will need to play around with the mapping to create columns that match the CSV ? like I create a custom data input type ?
Which data type would I select / is the closest to what this utility app provides ?

thanks again

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews