Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware

Edit....found the hiccup...apparently you have to right click on the middle file in google earth and choose show elevation profile...if I click on the top kml file I get data that is messed up. octar...I am having an issue with the kml files not containing or not showing any data other than the flight plath. I am using a nexus 7 to run the logger and it logs info and creates the 3 files. The first time I opened the original kml on my laptop it showed the filght data such as distance and altitude. Ever since the first attempt I am getting nothing out the kml files using google earth. I have attempted it on several machines so I do not think it is google earth. Can you please look at it and let me know whats going on? If anyone else wants to look at it feel free. I am open to suggestions...already tried the reboot the nexus trick.

Attachments

• vpu2014.09.17.19.24.34.zip
    226.5 KB · Views: 171
Absolutely last question!!
When I change the dbm settings for camera/Range extend I get no better dbm readouts from my monitoring program on my phone.
i.e if I set both to 0dbm or 20dbm I get the same dbm output reading from the monitoring... I am trying from atleast 30 M (not right next to each other as that would get max anyways lol)
I would of expected 20dbm would get a better reading than 0dbm... I know the wireless monitoring app definetly works as I used to play around alot with it, with my 2.4ghz amplifier that I use to extend the range of my house Access Point..

Read the instructions a number of times, click 'connect vision+" and just change the dbm setting right, there is no ok/save button to click on or anything like that, right ?

As I said.. wont ask anymore dumb questions.. in this thread :p

Thanks again so much :) I'm sure its working, just I like to see data to confirm.

juangelb said:
Fabiog said:
Hi, I present the problem encountered in the use of the application. I made all the steps involved and when I went to close the Vision + Utility I have already found it disconnected. During the flight, I simply stopped recording the video and then I started again. The application has, however, produced the 3 files that I send to Ocatcr by email ([email protected]: I hope it's the right one!)
Csv and kml files are unusable. I also activated the command "Export all" but to no avail.
I ask Ocatcr to try to utilize the raw file to extrapolate kml and csv files readable. Thanks!

Fabiog,
Why are you saying that Csv And kml are unusable ?
No data at all in it ?

Best regards : Juan

Sure, juangelg, they had no data. I sent raw file to [email protected] wich exported kml amd csv file with right data. I'll show the result in Google Earth in another post, answering to ocatcr.
By, Fabio

lsteigerwalt said:
Edit....found the hiccup...apparently you have to right click on the middle file in google earth and choose show elevation profile...if I click on the top kml file I get data that is messed up. octar...I am having an issue with the kml files not containing or not showing any data other than the flight plath. I am using a nexus 7 to run the logger and it logs info and creates the 3 files. The first time I opened the original kml on my laptop it showed the filght data such as distance and altitude. Ever since the first attempt I am getting nothing out the kml files using google earth. I have attempted it on several machines so I do not think it is google earth. Can you please look at it and let me know whats going on? If anyone else wants to look at it feel free. I am open to suggestions...already tried the reboot the nexus trick.

attached are google earth shows. we are using Google Earth windows version 7.1.2.2041

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 384
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 332
Is the iOS version ever going to get the kml file and other updates?

justin00 said:
When I change the dbm settings for camera/Range extend I get no better dbm readouts from my monitoring program on my phone.
i.e if I set both to 0dbm or 20dbm I get the same dbm output reading from the monitoring... I am trying from atleast 30 M (not right next to each other as that would get max anyways lol)
I would of expected 20dbm would get a better reading than 0dbm... I know the wireless monitoring app definetly works as I used to play around alot with it, with my 2.4ghz amplifier that I use to extend the range of my house Access Point..

Read the instructions a number of times, click 'connect vision+" and just change the dbm setting right, there is no ok/save button to click on or anything like that, right ?

Thanks again so much :) I'm sure its working, just I like to see data to confirm.

Are you testing our app on Phantom Vision? our app is only compatible with Vision Plus.

ocatcr said:
Fabiog said:
Hi, I present the problem encountered in the use of the application. I made all the steps involved and when I went to close the Vision + Utility I have already found it disconnected. During the flight, I simply stopped recording the video and then I started again. The application has, however, produced the 3 files that I send to Ocatcr by email ([email protected]: I hope it's the right one!)
Csv and kml files are unusable. I also activated the command "Export all" but to no avail.
I ask Ocatcr to try to utilize the raw file to extrapolate kml and csv files readable. Thanks!

It is weird. Could you email us the raw file?

I sent the raw file to [email protected] and he was able to export csv and kml file.
With the kml file I could view flight data in Google Earth (see attachment).

Attachments

• GE_Montalbano_4.jpg
    GE_Montalbano_4.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 348
Fabiog said:
juangelb said:
Fabiog said:

Fabiog,
Why are you saying that Csv And kml are unusable ?
No data at all in it ?

Sure, juangelg, they had no data. I sent raw file to [email protected] wich exported kml amd csv file with right data. I'll show the result in Google Earth in another post, answering to ocatcr.
By, Fabio

Fabiog,
I had this kinda issue with app... indoors almost always i got the CSV file.... outdoors never ever.
I undestand that the issue was due to the decimal symbor in Brazil being "," and not "." and the app in trying to write csv file... with two more "," ....
Indoor worked because as had not satellites ... no position data ... not additional "," at all...
Solved changing Galaxy S4 to english language ! From that all worked fine !

justin00 said:
Me again.. I do intend to read the 35 pages here for any tips/tricks and I know this thread isn't related to dashware... but just installed dashware it and having a quick look...
What data input type would I select ? and I imagine I will need to play around with the mapping to create columns that match the CSV ? like I create a custom data input type ?
Which data type would I select / is the closest to what this utility app provides ?

thanks again
If I understand your question, you use the CSV file from the logger and the Flytrex profile in DashWare. You can customize that profile and save it under a different name if you want to get creative. And I think others on here have produced a modified profile and built some custom gauges.

And you are right, this thread isn't for how to use and abuse DashWare. :)

juangelb said:
Fabiog,
I had this kinda issue with app... indoors almost always i got the CSV file.... outdoors never ever.
I undestand that the issue was due to the decimal symbor in Brazil being "," and not "." and the app in trying to write csv file... with two more "," ....
Indoor worked because as had not satellites ... no position data ... not additional "," at all...

Juan,
I'm Italian! Then it's a problem of latin languages? :D
I work with Samsung Galaxy Note 3: I'll try your solution! Waiting for a bug fixing (ocatcr!) ....
Thank you very much
Fabio

Fabiog said:
juangelb said:
Fabiog,

Juan,
I work with Samsung Galaxy Note 3: I'll try your solution! Waiting for a bug fixing (ocatcr!) ....
Thank you very much
Fabio

Fabiog,
In my understanding there is an issue with languages thar use "," as decimal symbol.
So in changing the language from Portuguese Brazil to English US and therefor changed from "," to "." decimal symbol.... all worked fine.

Yeah I have a PV2+

I'll do actual video tests fro the phantom and confirm it increases range and works, I suspect it will :).
I was just testing using a wireless analyzer for android.
But just to confirm I am using the tool correctly..... Once I "connect to vision" I can select for e.g 10dbm, then change to 15dbm then change to 5dbm if I wanted..
and I don't need to click save or anything... I just change from the dropdown and it will change in real time, right ?

And thanks for info regarding dashware MMN, What you said was exactly what I was after. I shall not bring it up again :p

ocatcr said:
justin00 said:

Are you testing our app on Phantom Vision? our app is only compatible with Vision Plus.

Hi,
using the trick suggested from juangelb (switching my device language from Italian to English) I was able to use the "export all" command and save "old" kml files.
Very good the result but with an error about altitudes: during the flight I reached 185 meters as maximum altitude; using Google Earth "Show elevation profile" function show max altitude 622 m.
????? :shock:
Error is about all the points, not only the max level .....
By, Fabio

Attachments

• GE_2Giugno_profile.jpg
    GE_2Giugno_profile.jpg
    769 KB · Views: 417
  • 20140923093413-21161-profile.png
    20140923093413-21161-profile.png
    26 KB · Views: 398
Fabiog said:
Hi,
using the trick suggested from juangelb (switching my device language from Italian to English) I was able to use the "export all" command and save "old" kml files.
Very good the result but with an error about altitudes: during the flight I reached 185 meters as maximum altitude; using Google Earth "Show elevation profile" function show max altitude 622 m.
????? :shock:
Error is about all the points, not only the max level .....
By, Fabio

I understood the problem:
both Google Earth and GPSVisualizer read kml altitude data as meters instead feet, without doing the conversion;
instead if you draw the track profile using csv file (setting meters) altitude is correct;
if you convert csv to kml and then open the kml file with Google Earth, altitude is correct!

Attachments

• GE_meters_profile.jpg
    GE_meters_profile.jpg
    999.7 KB · Views: 449
  • GPSVisualizer_set_CSVtoKML.png
    GPSVisualizer_set_CSVtoKML.png
    441.6 KB · Views: 381
  • 20140923103545-21161-profile.png
    20140923103545-21161-profile.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 440
So is everyone getting use to the app now, or is someone still not understanding something?

flyNfrank said:
So is everyone getting use to the app now, or is someone still not understanding something?
Hi flyNfrank,

All understood... but it would be nice to get an updated version aware of decimal mark or decimal symbol android is using, avoiding in this way headaches to users like FabioG.
My personnal experience on this app was bad since i stayed for almost 30 days trying to do it working.
No help from developer at all, only telling me "weird" ... "weird" .... and "try it on another device.."
I stayed getting crazy on this.... trying to realize what was going on and why the app did not worked for me.... (my first days on android)
Till i changed language to english... suspecting it had to do with the issue, and all worked fine from this on.

Out of this, application is wonderful and has all i need. Congratulations to developer.

flyNfrank said:

I quote juangelb! Another problem to solve is about altitudes, as I posted ...: kml file read imperial units as metric!
As I shown I had to convert csv file to kml and then import in Google Earth ....

This is an .... "imperial app"!!! :D :D :D

juangelb said:
flyNfrank said:
Hi flyNfrank,

All understood... but it would be nice to get an updated version aware of decimal mark or decimal symbol android is using, avoiding in this way headaches to users like FabioG.
My personnal experience on this app was bad since i stayed for almost 30 days trying to do it working.
No help from developer at all, only telling me "weird" ... "weird" .... and "try it on another device.."
I stayed getting crazy on this.... trying to realize what was going on and why the app did not worked for me.... (my first days on android)
Till i changed language to english... suspecting it had to do with the issue, and all worked fine from this on.

Out of this, application is wonderful and has all i need. Congratulations to developer.

I'm glad to hear you are finally reaching a point that you are getting more comfortable with it. I know the developer has came leap & bounds from when I 1st got involved with his app.

juangelb said:
Fabiog said:
juangelb said:
Fabiog,

Juan,
Thank you very much
Fabio

Fabiog,
In my understanding there is an issue with languages thar use "," as decimal symbol.
So in changing the language from Portuguese Brazil to English US and therefor changed from "," to "." decimal symbol.... all worked fine.

Thanks for all your support and feedback. We will fix it in the next release.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel