Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware

Re: Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware Demo & help neede

tizzl10 said:
folks..just pick up a flytrex core 2..is it really worth the frustration and time wasting? :?

I have a Flytrex core. But I'm all for helping anyone that working on options.

flyNfrank said:
ocatcr said:
flyNfrank said:
Nothing but a Straight Line on dashware synchronization map display. It seems like dashware is not reading the data from the csv file.

I pulled up the last working file that I had used and set them next to each other as a comparison. I did not see anything that would cause the file to not be read.

OCATCR, do you have any experience with this type of issue?

yes. there are some rows with incorrect data printed in your csv file. after you removed it, it should work fine. the data sent to our app should be same as those sent to the DJI Vision app.

Ok...so you have to know I'm able to read your mind on where these two rows are located. Where?

I updated the app today to the most recent version. Is this result from any new changes made to the app?

It only fixes the orientation bug.

tizzl10 said:
folks..just pick up a flytrex core 2..is it really worth the frustration and time wasting? :?

Why add another piece of hardware when this can be done with software?

ocatcr said:
kxkraze said:
Ocatcr,

Thank you and your team for this app. It works awesome. Worked great for importing it into DashWare!! Everything seemed spot-on accurate except for the Speed (MPH) field. It seems to be exactly double... unless my P2V+ can really do 80+ mph. :D

I can send you my csv log if you wish.

please emailed the original csv log generated by the app.

Ocatcr, I just emailed the csv file to the email listed on the app. Hopefully that is you. Thanks for looking into this!!

ocatcr said:
probably not. if you see a row like:

-2.85E+142 -1.19E+264 -2147483648 -2147483648 117.86 0 110273 7 93 -19649 -19456 23808 0

you need to remove it before importing to DASHWARE. the data sent to our app should be same as those sent to the DJI Vision app. be honest, we do not want to say something bad about DJI. but it seems...
I was told I had two bad rows, but not which ones. I had only one row like this. I removed it but I still only had the straight line in Dashboard and no data.

Edit: Even though I only get a straight line (no map), I do get data. Was able to sync it up and it works. Not sure why I don't get a map.

Just bought Vision Utility+ and gave it a shot. I'm in an urban area so it took me a while to get satellites and only had 4 for most of this flight (hence why the track is so screwed up i think). I got 8 after climbing a little bit, but then lost them again. I don't think i synced up the log and video file too well, but it was my first try.

I just need to remember to go into the utility+ app and start the logger every time. other than that, it worked great for me so far!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIjaukNIxy8[/youtube]

birdheezy said:
Just bought Vision Utility+ and gave it a shot. I'm in an urban area so it took me a while to get satellites and only had 4 for most of this flight (hence why the track is so screwed up i think). I got 8 after climbing a little bit, but then lost them again. I don't think i synced up the log and video file too well, but it was my first try.

I just need to remember to go into the utility+ app and start the logger every time. other than that, it worked great for me so far!

Thanks for your support.

Taco worked with me to purchase and sideload to a rooted KF gen1 I'm using. It works very well considering the age of the device.
These guys are cool!

birdheezy said:

That's pretty darn good for a first timer. No need foe me to make any mention on what you need to tweak as I'm sure you can see them for yourself. Nice job.

flyNfrank said:
birdheezy said:

That's pretty darn good for a first timer. No need foe me to make any mention on what you need to tweak as I'm sure you can see them for yourself. Nice job.
Yeah it's a crowded video for sure but just playing around with some of the gauges. Debating to spend the 50$ for the software. Don't think I'll use it too much but it is fun!

In the next version of this app can we please have an option to turn off the 5 minute log warning? I don't like popups when im flying.

Gone3d said:
In the next version of this app can we please have an option to turn off the 5 minute log warning? I don't like popups when im flying.

5 minute log warning? Surely you're not referring to the battery warning, or are you?

Just uploaded the most recent update to this app.

What's New:

1.Remove all the unnecessary server system log function call.
2. Fix the inaccurate speed output.

Very Nice.

No, he's referring to the logger warning that pops up every 5 minutes on the iPhone display.

I'm not sure, but I think this is necessary to keep Apple happy (their apps have to be reviewed) and might require the app to let the user know that something is recording data -- or they won't approve and publish it in the app store. I just ignore it because the logger keeps on logging.

flyNfrank said:

What's New:

Very Nice.

That is very nice. They emailed me to tell me that the iPhone app update takes a week or so to go through the Apple approval process...

kxkraze said:
No, he's referring to the logger warning that pops up every 5 minutes on the iPhone display.

I'm not sure, but I think this is necessary to keep Apple happy (their apps have to be reviewed) and might require the app to let the user know that something is recording data -- or they won't approve and publish it in the app store. I just ignore it because the logger keeps on logging.

kxkraze said:
flyNfrank said:

What's New:

Very Nice.
Ok, that explains it. I use a super android, and there never has been any type of warning log like he described.

That is very nice. They emailed me to tell me that the iPhone app update takes a week or so to go through the Apple approval process...
I have not used it yet with the dashware since the update, I plan to do that here shortly. But when going through the normal process with enabling the app, I noticed a message box popup that mentioned something along the lines of....Do Not disconnect from the phantom as it was sending a bundle to the phantom. That's not exactly what the wording was, but you at least know it will be making a change. In the first minute of flying I saw my MPH was displaying what looked like the right speed which I was slightly off full throttle at that time and it displayed 27mph. I then came to stop and hovered briefly and took off again not quite full throttle. This time it showed 17mph so I thought hmm...and held it at full throttle. I'm not sure that it displayed much over 20mph while at full throttle during that time. I was going in the exact opposite direction. I'll wait to see what others might say, but the last attention I paid to it, by the eye while I stood on the ground I was flying around 200ft in front of me and about 550ft altitude, and when I flew from my right to left I said to myself that looks about 20mph. I then looked at the display on the monitor and it showed I was at 9mph. At any rate I'm now ready to see what the dashware shows it's speet at that location.

Ohhh YEAH! The speed/mph is dialed in now using the flytrex logger profile. Things are coming along well now.

OCATCR, you might think about getting this app's own logger profile put together and sent to dashware so they can add it to the software with the app's name, so any new pilots can get things better figured out. Plus you wont need to use someone elses something to rely on to work with your product.

Sorry about the crappy quality, not sure what happened. Think i just need to buy dashware... but it's too late tonight to do that now.

A night fight with the updated Vision+ Utility logger (Version 3.5). Looks like the speeds are good but i'm still having issues with the track. I had more satellites after re-routing the GPS antenna cable, but the track still seems to dispensary for the second half of my flight. not sure if that's a function of dashware or how the coordinates are logged. Sorry for the 6:25 minute video, i'll give you times to jump to for certain things i noticed.

0:00 Stared at 11ft (important for the end)
Think i did a better job of syncing the video and data log
1:05 Started flying forward at full deflection, got an accurate speed reading i think, but at 1:14 the track turns about 15 degrees when i didn't change the position of the stick. It does the same at 1:32 on the way back. i just held the stick all the way forward and all the way back for that portion.
1:50 start a slow 360 rotation for the view (there isn't much at night)
2:21 start the auto go home function just for fun, altitude and distance readouts seem great
3:40 start a fast accent (full deflection) to 375ft
4:44 fly forward at full deflection (speeds looking correct) and no track
Start of no track on mini map
6:20 Fninishing altitude is 37ft when starting altitude was 11ft.

Again sorry for the long video and crappy quality, figured the app guys would wanna see this... and the youtube tags aren't working. too new of a video maybe?

[youtube]http://youtu.be/adeSADM_AoU?list=UUUajVqk430Q_o7kPwIEzFFw[/youtube]

Gone3d said:

since apple set a strict restriction on the background data transfer, and if iOS find that your device is in low-battery or weak-wifi connection, iOS has the right to stop the data tranfer, that is why we have this statement in the app description:

In order to preserve the battery life, iOS keeps the background execution time to a minimum. There is a 5 minutes logging time limit and local notification reminder will alert you to stop / continue the logger. Also, please make sure your device maintains strong wifi connection and high battery level before enabling the logger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka