Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware

Re: Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware Demo & help neede

What happens to the logging if you fly out of wifi range and then come back in range ?

Luap said:
flyNfrank said:
OCATCR,
OCATCR, you are not following me bruh. I'm asking you to put together a logger file that we can use. I know all about those videos, and have watched them several times. Have you not noticed that nobody has shown a video using the Dashware software, using your Utility Flight Logger App? Not only that, but the app does Not record the full flight. I have flown without losing a connection or signal, and it still does not record the entire flight. It may get kicked out when I force RTH, cause that is the only thing out of a full flight that I command on my own. I always use that option (RTH) (it's Failsafe in naza mode) for my return flight, and that frees me up to run the camera tilt to enhance the video shot.

Regardless, I'm asking that you support those of us that have paid for the app, and you put together a useable logger profile to use with the Dashware software. Are you able to do this?

I've been using tha app and it works without any issues .
Here a video - (the google earth part I had to convert the csv file. The Dashware just used flytrex profile.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eC9AcY ... e=youtu.be

If you post a link to your csv file I could try it out in Dashware?

How do you come up with Vertical Speed when it's not a logged option?

Re: LONGEST FLIGHT EVER USING UTILITY PRO

Congratulation The best ever.

DBS said:
Can't say enough about my "go to" app when I need to get deep downrange signal strength...

Vision + Utility Pro and itElite antennas FTW!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZF7hdorJY[/youtube]

Flytrex.com "Phantom 2 Vision + Scoreboard"
Screenshot_2014-08-20-07-36-13_zps1c7ldjz0.png

Flytrex.com Multicopter "Overall Scoreboard"
Screenshot_2014-08-20-07-39-46_zpsmnohdxre.png

It is weird. for the android version, the logger will keep trying to communicate with the phantom after the wifi disconnects. you could install a file explorer app (eg. EZ file explorer). it is free and you could browse the file while flying FPV.

juangelb said:
Hi people,

I did some testing with Vision+ Utility with PV2+ resting over a desk on my house.
Obviously it did not cath GPS signals, but moving it by hand to ground, then moving it up and down by hand... the logger worked fine and wrote several lines in log file.

Happy with the result i went out to a park... flyed PV2+ for 12 minutes then got back at home and noticed that the log file was only 1K size and nothing else than the headers inside.

The procedure I did in both testing was exacltly the same, but when at outdor i had 2 or 3 disconnectios ... so i think this could be the reason for not gettind the so wanted log data.

Planning do more testing on saturday with PV2+ flying very near avoiding any disconnections and see what will happen with the log file.

Best regards : Juan

For the encryption, here is the video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJMRtlB7t7o[/youtube]

schenckg said:
OK, I just got the iPhone app and look forward to trying it.

However, is there documentation? I've read up the logging feature so I understand that pretty well.

What guidance is there regarding the Transmit Power settings and the Security setting?

sorry that we only have the latest version of p2v+ in stock. do you have any info how to downgrade the phantom firmware and the app?

tomas99 said:
So it does only work with 3.06 then and not previous version/versions?

-Tomas

you could email us the csv log file? for the android version, if the wifi connect is lost, the logger will keep trying to establish the connection again. it is weird that the logger does not record the full flight info.

also, you could install a file explorer app (eg. EZ file explorer). it is free and you could keep track of the log file in real time.

flyNfrank said:
OCATCR,

Have you spent anytime at all getting a Logger Profile created so the logger data will finally work using Dashware? What good is your logger if it's useless? The only current logger profile that partially works is the Flytrex Logger Profile. But as I say "Only Partially". It Does Not match the video. I fly 15 minutes and there is maybe 5 minutes of Log Data.

OCATCR, Can you not post a link to something we can use with your logger on dashware?
[/quote]

OCATCR, you are not following me bruh. I'm asking you to put together a logger file that we can use. I know all about those videos, and have watched them several times. Have you not noticed that nobody has shown a video using the Dashware software, using your Utility Flight Logger App? Not only that, but the app does Not record the full flight. I have flown without losing a connection or signal, and it still does not record the entire flight. It may get kicked out when I force RTH, cause that is the only thing out of a full flight that I command on my own. I always use that option (RTH) (it's Failsafe in naza mode) for my return flight, and that frees me up to run the camera tilt to enhance the video shot.

Regardless, I'm asking that you support those of us that have paid for the app, and you put together a useable logger profile to use with the Dashware software. Are you able to do this?[/quote]

I'm going to go do a basic flight here shortly. Either post your email, or PM it to me and I will send you a copy.

I did my first fight and it seemed to work OK. I got a data file off the iPhone and use DashWare to combine the video with the data and so on. Very cool.

However, my wifi range seemed to go way down by about 1/2!

I didn't change the settings for transmit power from defaults.

What would I set the two transmit power value to to get the MAX wifi range?

I guess I should set the max values for both Transmit powers? What is the down side of setting them to the max? Why all the granularity for TX Power?

ocatcr said:
sorry that we only have the latest version of p2v+ in stock. do you have any info how to downgrade the phantom firmware and the app?

tomas99 said:
So it does only work with 3.06 then and not previous version/versions?

-Tomas
Well there is some info in this thread and I think there are plenty of others threads in versions subject,
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18316
Contains app apk's and so on on external site, but it is on own risk type of stuff.

Personally I am very happy with 3.04 and will not get 3.06 after reading up in many threads here and "weighing" the info gathered so far, not even for a functional logger ;)
I will wait and see what is "in store" next time upgrade wise when that release have some "mileage" and if it got anything I "need". (the don't fix it if it's not broken approach)

-Tomas

Ocatcr,

I purchased the app last night. I have an iPhone 5S with iOS 7+. Problem is that the logger doesn't appear to be generating any kind of *.csv file. I even found a file explorer utility that will allow you to search your iPhone when connected to your PC. Searched for *csv* and nothing was found.

Can you please tell me what directory the app stores the log file in and any clues as to what I am missing or why the logger doesn't appear to be working would be a great help.

Thanks.

Nevermind Ocatcr, I found it. Funny thing is that iTunes can find the file but Total Commander file browser can't. Now, it's time for some testing...

one customers emailed us hints that fixed his problem. if there is power saving app installed in your android phone or phone settings for power saving, please turn them off. since they block the background data transfer and background task execution. also, before turning on the logger, clean up some unused background job or app. please test it.

tomas99 said:
Would love for the logging to work but unfortunately for me trying it several times with the instructions on the app page in the store I only got empty files or a file with one line in it.
So do anyone actually have this working?

-Tomas

kxkraze said:
Nevermind Ocatcr, I found it. Funny thing is that iTunes can find the file but Total Commander file browser can't. Now, it's time for some testing...

you could take a look at [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HtU_ykGA9k[/youtube]

Usually we and our customers set camera boost to 15dBm and repeater to default value. as we know, this post viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22528 use our app to have the longest P2V+ range with the camera max value set.

schenckg said:
I guess I should set the max values for both Transmit powers? What is the down side of setting them to the max? Why all the granularity for TX Power?

I'm getting this error every time I pull through my data into the Dashware program:

"Error locating required column's:
You must map a data column to the "<Required> \Data Running Time, Seconds" data type.

Thanks for any help !!

Ken Stovall

Just trying the logger out with Dashboard. This thing is ADDICTIVE! :D

Attachments

• Dash.jpg
    Dash.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 398

Glad to hear that. :cool:

mmn said:
Just trying the logger out with Dashboard. This thing is ADDICTIVE! :D