Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware

Re: Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware Demo & help neede

flyNfrank said:
ocatcr said:
flyNfrank said:
ocatar, I seem to now have trouble getting the data in line with dashware. I went through the file and cleaned up any BS entries. Getting the Map display in sync is my only real problem. It kind of seems like the map is running backwards from what it needs to?

I know the map begins to log as soon as the battery is enabled, and then continues right into the point when the motors are enabled.

I opened a older file next to the my last flight for comparison differences, but I was unable to see anything out of spec from each of the two. Mentioning this to you is all I have left with trying to figure out what's wrong.

Next question I have is, What is the purpose of the message box with message about that said to not not shut down the quad. which was after installing the last app update?

Also, in the Logger, what Power is being logged? Is it quad power, or battery power, or?

1. Refer to Dashware manual. To synchronize, locate a spot in the video that corresponds to a spot in the data. The slider below the video moves through video time, the slider in the Synchronization tab moves through the data time. I find the easiest is to look for where you first start moving in the video. Then locate where the speed first starts going up in the data. Click the “Sync with video” checkbox in the Sync tab to sync them together. Playback your video. If the data looks a little off, uncheck “Sync with video”, adjust, and then recheck “Sync with video”. You can make fine adjustments with the < and > buttons on either side of the play button (below video or in sync tab). By default they move by 0.1 seconds. Holding Alt makes them move by 1 second.

2. The message box with message about that said to not not shut down the quad tell you that the server program is being upgraded.

3. the logged battery is the quad battery level that is same as the level shown in the DJI Vision app.

I have a feeling you haven't used dashware software to see if your app is still functioning ok or not, lately. I'm not flaming on you, and I don't mean for it to appear like I am if it seems that away to you. Today I have tried to point out to you that the mapping part of the syncing process has changed.

If I launch my quad and fly straight up and level off at 770ft, and then descend straight down and land, then power off the quad. What would you expect my map data to look like? Should it resemble a flag pole, or a birds nest?

Before starting the motors, the logger records all activity once it has power to do so. The issue seen is what I have heard referred to as "gps drift". I know nothing about it other then the name I mentioned. It does this with flytrex all the same. But, there is useable data along with a mapping display that resembles the flight. Flytrex core2 with display the birds nest and the flag pole in a straight up & down flight.

I have only checked a couple of the current features you have set to log. One is ok where the other is off. I found the alitude to current be off by 60ft when I checked earlier in the night.

At this point I'm hoping between you and your crew, one of you may know what is needed to cure this issue.

We just converted your csv file to kml one and import it to the google earth. one attachment is the dashware import. and the other is the screenshot of google earth shows the flight path that looks like a flight that went straight up and straight down. we also emailed you the kml file for your reference.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 456
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 433

flyNfrank said:
OCATCR, is there a list of possible stuff we can have logged data to? In other words, is there anything else we can add to what we already have?

Also, I sent you a file to your email, did you receive it?

yes we received it. could you be more specific what additionl field need to be added to the log file? please clarify.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 433

latitude, longitude, altitude(feet), ascent(feet), speed(mph), distance(feet), time(milliseconds), gps, power, pitch, roll, yaw, motor on.

Above is from a list I put together earlier in the thread which shows what we have now. And below consist of all different things we can to the current list.

max_altitude, max_ascent, max_speed, max_distance, tempature(f)

Finally tried this and got it to work after one small tweak (i forgot to turn OFF logging post-flight).

The file downloaded perfectly through itunes and imprted without a hitch into the demo version of Dashware.

First impression: Wow- pretty great value for a couple bucks and ZERO surgury (or extra weight) on my copter!

I was ready to place an order for a Flytrex Core 2 and now will NOT bother!

One semi-related question:
Will the output video from Dashware be the same quality of my source video? (1080P)? Thats the one feature I couldnt try in the demo...

ocatcr said:
flyNfrank said:
I have a feeling you haven't used dashware software to see if your app is still functioning ok or not, lately. I'm not flaming on you, and I don't mean for it to appear like I am if it seems that away to you. Today I have tried to point out to you that the mapping part of the syncing process has changed.

If I launch my quad and fly straight up and level off at 770ft, and then descend straight down and land, then power off the quad. What would you expect my map data to look like? Should it resemble a flag pole, or a birds nest?

Before starting the motors, the logger records all activity once it has power to do so. The issue seen is what I have heard referred to as "gps drift". I know nothing about it other then the name I mentioned. It does this with flytrex all the same. But, there is useable data along with a mapping display that resembles the flight. Flytrex core2 with display the birds nest and the flag pole in a straight up & down flight.

I have only checked a couple of the current features you have set to log. One is ok where the other is off. I found the alitude to current be off by 60ft when I checked earlier in the night.

At this point I'm hoping between you and your crew, one of you may know what is needed to cure this issue.

We just converted your csv file to kml one and import it to the google earth. one attachment is the dashware import. and the other is the screenshot of google earth shows the flight path that looks like a flight that went straight up and straight down. we also emailed you the kml file for your reference.

Nice work. But why is the csv file not showing this on the map?

flyNfrank said:
latitude, longitude, altitude(feet), ascent(feet), speed(mph), distance(feet), time(milliseconds), gps, power, pitch, roll, yaw, motor on.

Above is from a list I put together earlier in the thread which shows what we have now. And below consist of all different things we can to the current list.

max_altitude, max_ascent, max_speed, max_distance, tempature(f)

attached is a Dashware profile for our Vision+ Utility.

You could actually add more column mappings to the profile to suit your need. if you have your custom made gauge, profile file, please share it.

Attachments

• Vision+ Utility.rar
    2.6 KB · Views: 180

flyNfrank said:
ocatcr said:
flyNfrank said:

Nice work. But why is the csv file not showing this on the map?

it is weird. we have the map shown as attached based on the csv file (vpu2014.08.29.19.49.77.csv) you emailed us.

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 426

Lowepg said:
One semi-related question:
Will the output video from Dashware be the same quality of my source video? (1080P)? Thats the one feature I couldnt try in the demo...

While the resolution will be the same, the compression is more aggressive and less accurate out of Dashware. I believe they're using CBR, perhaps single pass VBR.

I just finished doing another test flight to compare this flight and it's data with my last. I enabled the logger, then went into the app's Setting Tab and Enabled the slide button labeled Connect Vision+. For the Range Extender I raised it just one from 12dBm to 13dBm. I the Camera-Transmit Power I raised 3 spots from 7dBm to 10dBm. I then took flight just to do another straight up and straight down with going to a little over 600ft.

I finish the flight, pull the video from the mini usb, and reboot the Nexus7 tablet and download the csv file.
And now comes the good stuff.
I scan through the csv file for any speed bumps like we have recently been getting. I find 3 in the "distance" row only. so I edit them and save the file. It crosses my mind to back check the csv files to see when these recent problems began showing up in the files. And sure enough it has all came from ocatcr last app update. Whatever it was, it provoked the current problems with the logger part of this app. Maybe ocatcr will give the option of being able to roll back to the app version before the last update, at least until something can get lined out with the logger in it's current state. OCATCR, can you set us up with the app version prior to this last one?

Btw, when looking at map from the flight I just flew, when viewing it on dashware the viewing angle was from Top to Bottom. As in....looking straight down on the map.

flyNfrank said:
I scan through the csv file for any speed bumps like we have recently been getting. I find 3 in the "distance" row only. so I edit them and save the file. It crosses my mind to back check the csv files to see when these recent problems began showing up in the files. And sure enough it has all came from ocatcr last app update. Whatever it was, it provoked the current problems with the logger part of this app. Maybe ocatcr will give the option of being able to roll back to the app version before the last update, at least until something can get lined out with the logger in it's current state. OCATCR, can you set us up with the app version prior to this last one?

As we mentioned, please focus on the data with column "motor on" is 1. also, we know that you have a flytrex core, do you mind to tell us how they implement it. We think that the speed bumps is caused by the vibration while the motor starts spinning. be honest, it is a mechanical problem and our app cant stop those motor vibration that causes the sudden speed changes. please understand that our app is only a logger that logs the data sent from the Phantom.

We would like to contact Dashware how they draw the map based on the imported data. Do you mind if we send your csv file to Dashware?

Also, if you need the older version of our app, please email us.

OCATCR, I'm ok with focusing on column "motor on". But...Your team needs to focus on that same column in files created Before and After the last app update. Use ANY of your logger before and after csv files as a comparison, and you should first notice the Before file the data in general is much cleaner throughout the file when compared to the After file.

Whatever revision you made in the update caused the logger to be corrupt and not function as it should. The Before and After file's are a tell tell sign of this. If you need me to post screen shots of the comparable files I can do that. But I wont do it here. I will gladly do the work and add it to my website. Check your email.

flyNfrank said:
OCATCR, I'm ok with focusing on column "motor on". But...Your team needs to focus on that same column in files created Before and After the last app update. Use ANY of your logger before and after csv files as a comparison, and you should first notice the Before file the data in general is much cleaner throughout the file when compared to the After file.

Whatever revision you made in the update caused the logger to be corrupt and not function as it should. The Before and After file's are a tell tell sign of this. If you need me to post screen shots of the comparable files I can do that. But I wont do it here. I will gladly do the work and add it to my website. Check your email.

We would like to contact Dashware how they draw the map based on the imported data. Do you mind if we send your csv file to Dashware?

ocatcr said:
flyNfrank said:

Yes send the file. Respond and tell me how to install the app on my Nexus7 2014 tablet.

flyNfrank said:

We know that your request is that the sampling rate should be ~250 milliseconds as Flytrex does. Please update the app to the latest version v3.8. In fact, based on our testing, sampling rate of the log is ~250ms on our Samsung S5 and ~500ms on our IPAD mini. Since the transfer rate is depended on how quick your device processes the communication between the DJI Vision app and the Phantom drone, other device may have different sampling rate.

We just updated our app that supports KML export for use in google earth and all erratic GPS info is now filtered properly. You are told that we are getting real closer to fix all the issues reported by our customers.
Based on our testing on the latest version, sampling rate of the log is ~250ms on our Samsung S5 and ~500ms on our IPAD mini. Now plenty of consistent records are logged.
Also, it guarantees extremely low bandwidth (< 0.5%) is required comparing to the FPV video/telemetry data sent from Phantom, and it only sacrifice very tiny FPV range. Based on our testing of 10 minutes FPV flying, total size of the video(640x480 15fps)/telemetry data sent is more than 100000KB, for samsung S5 phone - the log data sent is only ~350KB(< 0.5%) and for iOS mini - the log data sent is only ~90KB.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f31sugNe50Y[/youtube]

Does the iPad Mini suffer the same annoying Appleage as the iPhone, meaning the overtly moronic 5 minute limit which shuts logging down mid flight?

Also, I cannot find the logs on the iPhone in the DCIM folder, please tell me I don't require iTunes to retrieve the logs. I hate Apple products, I bet you couldn't tell.

ocatcr said:
We just updated our app that supports KML export for use in google earth and all erratic GPS info is now filtered properly. You are told that we are getting real closer to fix all the issues reported by our customers.
Could you post that KML file? I'd like to check it out.

ocatcr said:
We just updated our app that supports KML export for use in google earth and all erratic GPS info is now filtered properly
I don't see an option to choose KML or CSV. Is KML now the only option? I believe DashWare only uses CSV.

sbarton said:
In your app, can you also include the ability for the phone to continuously scan for WiFi if not connected in order for it to re-connect faster once the Phantom is back in range after the WiFi signal is lost for while?
Right now most phones will scan right away when it loses connection, but then will only scan at certain intervals in order to save battery.

-Scott

Hi, sbarton. You are the first guy to post this idea. We will surely add it to our TODO list.

DBeard said:
Does the iPad Mini suffer the same annoying Appleage as the iPhone, meaning the overtly moronic 5 minute limit which shuts logging down mid flight?

Also, I cannot find the logs on the iPhone in the DCIM folder, please tell me I don't require iTunes to retrieve the logs. I hate Apple products, I bet you couldn't tell.

If your iOS device maintains strong wifi connection and high battery level, you could keep logging the flight info without limit. But in order to preserve the battery life, iOS keeps the background execution time to a minimum and it has right to kill the background data transfer without any notification if the wifi connection broken.

Did you watch this video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HtU_ykGA9k[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West