Video editing on iPad or lap/desktop?

Reaction score
So I'm looking at upgrading my iPad Mini(1) which does not meet Litchi specs to an iPad Mini 4. I have a choice of 32GB or 128GB of storage.

I'm thinking... if I had the 128GB of storage what would I use it for and the only drone-related/P3S/Litchi reason I can think of is possible video editing. Does anyone have experience with editing video ON an IOS device? Or is it best to stick with the hardware capabilities and software tools available on notebook/desktop systems?

Would appreciate your advice.

I fly with a mini 4 and do my processing/editing on my Macbook Pro using, for now, iMovie. Even if I could edit on the mini, i's just so much easier on the laptop.

I have used the IOS version of Imovie, and used "SPLICE" for IOS. They are both good but very limited due to the platform. Better than nothing when you are out in the field and need to throw something together. Richard is right, a good editing app on a laptop or desktop can do so much more so much faster. I hear Imovie is really good on MACBOOK. I use MOVAVI on Windoze with a really fast Graphics card.

iMovie, either on an iPad or a MacBook. I've been using iMovie and just upgraded to Final Cut X. I'm now faced with another learning curve, but I have the time. iMovie works great. The iPad version is watered down from the Mac version, but it's still is a great app.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: ravedog
If you have any experience with video editing try Luma Fusion...its an app that I use on my iPad mini 4. It's a complex full feature video editor and it's great for sitting on the couch and editing while the wife watches Dancing with the Stars or some other foolishness :)

Reactions: ravedog and bycla
I have left my desktop back. I only use luma fusion to edit my footage. I also tried pinnacle pro but I go better with luma.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl