Why Is the Transmitted Video to my iPad Sketchy, Green, and Lousy?

The narrative here is pretty funny. I used to have no problems using this same iPhone 6s without doing much of anything besides closing out open apps and turning on the Do Not Disturb mode. Now people are literally telling me to buy a new tablet that is only for drone flying. Haha come on. This is clearly a software screwup that can and should be fixed by DJI!
Have you confirmed it wasn't you that mess up with your settings? Is your iPhone Wi-Fi turned on while flying? I've seen iPad Wi-Fi, when hunting for an access point, mess up video transmission when flying P4P on the 2.4Ghz band.

If an iPad wifi is connected to a phone access point while flying, that's fine. It stays fixed to a specific channel in the 2.4Ghz band (usually). This connection with an access point will mitigate interference with the Lightbridge 2.4Ghz, usually. However, if the iPad is not connected with an phone access point, but left ON with no access point connection, the iPad will hunt for a viable access point connection and continuously ping each 2.4Ghz wifi channel, which can disrupt your Lightbridge video feed. This is because the 2.4Ghz signal from the iPad/Go device is stronger than the drone's 2.4Ghz video signal, and it's only 3" away. If you turn off the iPad/Go device wifi, this hunting for access point goes away, and won't interfere with Lightbridge.

Flying on 5.8Ghz band can prevent this potential WiFi interference also.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart