UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

flyingtim said:
VOICE ACTIVATE COMMANDS would be really nice. "Photo" "Video" "Pan Left" "Stop!" ... :)

'COME BACK' would be a popular option.

FYI, you could use Tasker with the Autovoice plugin to create voice commands that translate into screen presses. I have no use for that while piloting however lol, a little bit overkill :p

Gotcha.. surprising it took so long for someone to do this. I used to be a hard core android developer and just didn't bother to think about doing it, lol.

I may just have to visit an area not too far from me that has about 600 acres of space to test.. (boring to fly normally..).. I've flown over 6300 feet away via FPV unmodified and the thought now of being able to go more than 1500 feet away via autopilot makes me salivate.. no lie.... sooo many possibilities!.. I would jump on it more quickly if I had a flytrex live!

I too bet we should be able to do over 15,000 feet distance on a battery.. (3 miles, 5km or so).. but..

My concern now is.. what DOES the phantom do during a mission when battery is under 30% or under 15% on it's way back?!.. hmmm..

ilovecoffee, I'll look into that. Mostly camera turn commands, and 'take picture' type stuff...

Jayson Hanes said:
Gotcha.. surprising it took so long for someone to do this. I used to be a hard core android developer and just didn't bother to think about doing it, lol.

I may just have to visit an area not too far from me that has about 600 acres of space to test.. (boring to fly normally..).. I've flown over 6300 feet away via FPV unmodified and the thought now of being able to go more than 1500 feet away via autopilot makes me salivate.. no lie.... sooo many possibilities!.. I would jump on it more quickly if I had a flytrex live!

I too bet we should be able to do over 15,000 feet distance on a battery.. (3 miles, 5km or so).. but..

My concern now is.. what DOES the phantom do during a mission when battery is under 30% or under 15% on it's way back?!.. hmmm..

Good question. I've run into this before but don't remember exactly. I believe it will run a count down timer on a dialog box asking to return home, automatically returning home if you don't select continue mission.

That obviously won't be communicated with the app if out of wifi range, so I assume it will start returning home at that point. Bypassing that wouldn't be an issue, but not sure if that's a wise idea! LOL

Hi coffee,
Yes, 8m/s is the current fast speed.
Here are all the parameters of the original app

What are the parameters of ground station control?
16 waypoints
200-meter height limit
5000-meter max flight distance
3 speedsFast 8m/s, Mid 4m/s, Slow 2m/s

I got it off this dji faq page
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/faq

I would try 5, 10 and 20 m/s and see if it works.

ilovecoffee said:
I believe it will run a count down timer on a dialog box asking to return home, automatically returning home if you don't select continue mission.

That makes good sense.. which is obviously what it does on a normal flight when low battery alert comes along (the dialog to cancel/override RTH)... interesting.. either way, thanks for the effort on this.. it'll surely make it more fun!..

The funny thing now is... those long distance records.. lol... now we can fly to the limit to the battery and no one could tell if it was autopilot or true control/fpv range! .. unless you tilt the camera at max distance..

Jayson Hanes said:
ilovecoffee said:
I believe it will run a count down timer on a dialog box asking to return home, automatically returning home if you don't select continue mission.

That makes good sense.. which is obviously what it does on a normal flight when low battery alert comes along (the dialog to cancel/override RTH)... interesting.. either way, thanks for the effort on this.. it'll surely make it more fun!..

The funny thing now is... those long distance records.. lol... now we can fly to the limit to the battery!

Nope... ain't gonna work... waypoint flights have a speed limit so there will be less range with an all out waypoint flight compared to an all out manual flight with crazy antennas... :ugeek:

Chuck.. maybe the way point flights only have a speed limit because of software (those slow, medium, fast values).... and.. well.. you should see where that is going :).. read above.. hopefully it's not firmware related.. ie.. the flight plan is uploaded with the values and not just coordinates left to the firmware to regulate... guess we'll find out soon enough!

ilovecoffee said:
DBS said:
Do you have any other plans up your sleeve for modding this app? There are many things that could be improved upon in the user interface for example... larger fonts and icons for satellite count and battery status etc...

I think I definitely can increase those font sizes. There are some things I want to explore later. I will update it tomorrow with a disclaimer in the opening splash image. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

I got my font sizes and buttons all worked out with a simple DPI change with an Xposed module ... http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25374&p=234332#p234332

Jayson Hanes said:
Chuck.. maybe the way point flights only have a speed limit because of software (those slow, medium, fast values).... guess we'll find out soon enough!

I've been reading... and find out we shall... i can already fly out till the end of my battery limit so the next step is the guy who figures out longer flight times...

You know the cool part if the speed is worked out... doing a 3 mile flight at only 100ft off the ground... that would be some cool video footage...

I hope nobody tries to cheat a long range signal record with a waypoint mission... it's not the same thing
the cheaters will be revealed with their flytrex data and video anyway i guess... it's easy to spot.

DBS said:
ilovecoffee said:
DBS said:
Do you have any other plans up your sleeve for modding this app? There are many things that could be improved upon in the user interface for example... larger fonts and icons for satellite count and battery status etc...

I think I definitely can increase those font sizes. There are some things I want to explore later. I will update it tomorrow with a disclaimer in the opening splash image. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

I got my font sizes and buttons all worked out with a simple DPI change with an Xposed module ... http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25374&p=234332#p234332

Good call. Will give this a try.

Great job!! Is this compatible with Android version 3.2.1? (I received a "parse" error when I tried to install on an old Vizio Android tablet)

I also tried to install an Android emulator on my laptop (Bluestacks), and the app sort of works (I can get video), but that's it. I can't controll the camera angle or anything else, but I think that has something to do with how the wifi and emulator communicate.

Jimgermani said:
Great job!! Is this compatible with Android version 3.2.1? (I received a "parse" error when I tried to install on an old Vizio Android tablet)

I also tried to install an Android emulator on my laptop (Bluestacks), and the app sort of works (I can get video), but that's it. I can't controll the camera angle or anything else, but I think that has something to do with how the wifi and emulator communicate.

I don't think so and it will probably not be likely to ever run on a lesser version if it wasn't designed for it due to the need for new libraries that the program calls to. Interesting that you can get Bluestacks to sort of work, the fact that you can get a camera visual means the wifi should be working fine....bizarre.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl