UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

locoworks said:
I will say now I don't get the electronics side if things or software. But if the drone looses the signal from the tranny won't it hit failsafe and fly home if a waypoint is out of tranny range? Or does flying in GS do away with the need for a tranny signal?? Also, assuming GS programs the on board electronics, is there enough memory on board to store lots more way points than the stock app allows?

In GS mode it will complete its mission first (you can choose otherwise in the settings). Considering the waypoints should only be a couple kilobytes at most there should be plenty of room for additional way points.

rrmccabe said:
Can you unlock the elevation so I can do space travel too?

Thanks for your hard work on this :)

Good idea !
We have to work on GPS issue's also so the bird would know from what planet it originated.
Google maps has to expand to google milky way.
The next mod on my bird will be solar-panels, that shall give me the universe record !

DBS said:
Awesome work ilc!!! Do you have any other plans up your sleeve for modding this app? There are many things that could be improved upon in the user interface for example... larger fonts and icons for satellite count and battery status etc...

Great improvement just like this though... props to you for getting in there and working this out!!! :ugeek:

Not so important as a with back in white and blue or gray font.
That was what i thought a few days ago. Why is the backgound black ?
There will be more contrast !

Still was not able to download it after several attempts.
It get stuck on 99% and then i get temporary error message.
Pls help ?

I downloaded it and installed it. If the wind will let up this evening, I will give it a whirl.

Thanks for doing this!!! I was really hoping someone would and you came through. Great job.

I would love to see the ability to set waypoints with a heading change and a picture before moving to the next waypoint. Considering this is sold as a photography tool it surprises me that this ability doesn't exist. The ability to set a circular path with an inward or outward heading would also be amazing, allowing us to get really smooth cinematic sweeping pans. I'm asking a lot, I know, but I figured I would turn this into a wish list. Honestly, I have no desire for the added distance because, but the added tools to improve my photography and videography... I'd pay for that! I would LOVE to setup my flights at home before I arrive on my shoot location, just send the program and watch it take pics and video for me. That would be a real drone!

All installed and ready to play... charging up batteries for a morning run with this sweet little upgrade... but like everybody else ... hoping the weather cooperates :?

vicdevore said:
I would love to see the ability to set waypoints with a heading change and a picture before moving to the next waypoint. Considering this is sold as a photography tool it surprises me that this ability doesn't exist. The ability to set a circular path with an inward or outward heading would also be amazing, allowing us to get really smooth cinematic sweeping pans. I'm asking a lot, I know, but I figured I would turn this into a wish list. Honestly, I have no desire for the added distance because, but the added tools to improve my photography and videography... I'd pay for that! I would LOVE to setup my flights at home before I arrive on my shoot location, just send the program and watch it take pics and video for me. That would be a real drone!

DJI's GS for Windows and IOS has the rounded waypoint feature. Instead of making a hard corner, it lets you round off the path. There are lots of other features the full GS has that we are not able to take advantage of with the P2V+.

Tried this software out tonite on a 2000 foot flight with just 3 waypoints, and it worked fine. Thanks again to ilovecoffee.

OMG, Thank you so much <3

I just made this account to say thank you.
THANKS

Thanks.

I like this because I could not download the official DJI Vision App from Google's Play Store onto my Samsung Tab 3.

With this download, now I can use the Vision App on my Samsung Tab 3.

Somebody need to find the safest maximum distance we can have with stock phantom ?,
I'm thinking about 3km from home point. or maximum distance for the waypoint is about 6km.

Thanks for making the Ground Station App more useful !

I like to suggest one more tweak : Speed...
At the moment the fastest speed that can be traveled during a mission is 10m/s, that is about 20mph...
Not enough when it's windy, or if you want to go far.
I am still using firmware 1.08 for this reason, to hold steady in 30mph winds.
It would be nice to set a fast speed at about 20m/s or 45mph, that would be really useful, can that be done ?

I have an old Phantom Vision on the latest firmware, I use for Ground Station missions, but I am keeping my Vision+ on Firmware 1.08 until I find a way to keep the top speed I get now, about 40mph.

DBS said:
Awesome work ilc!!! Do you have any other plans up your sleeve for modding this app? There are many things that could be improved upon in the user interface for example... larger fonts and icons for satellite count and battery status etc...

Great improvement just like this though... props to you for getting in there and working this out!!! :ugeek:

Somthing that could be mod is the chance to display DJI "mod"app 2 two times sideways in splitting mode so we can use it for FPV with the google Cardboard (only 35u$s) and it will be like using cinemizer!! Pls, do that mod!! :) :roll:
Thnks.

vicdevore said:

I think the same us You!! We need more SIGNS!! :)

vicdevore said:

i thought it could do that already? i think i saw a video on youtube about it?? but maybe that was using GS rather than the android app??

+1
Nice job on this version too.
Cheers,
Jim
Alexbar said:
vicdevore said:

I think the same us You!! We need more SIGNS!! :)

Great work, and thank you for sharing it with us...

Although i probably won't be using it (i only used GS a couple of times and just for testing purposes, since i find the options that GS has don't add that much to the setup) i really like all your hard work.

Thanks again, keep up...

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I'm actually not a programmer at all, just fairly clever I guess.

So to address some of the items mentioned :

GS Speed: There are references to the speed modes in the code but I haven't fully investigated it. I feel like this might be a more complex problem to solve and might tie into the Phantom firmware which is a completely different beast (I've not looked into that). Is the maximum speed truly 10m/s? I don't have any experience in a windless environment to confirm that. That would be a good starting point.

Camera orientation: Hopefully DJI will release this in a future release! I think it will be impossible to add in!

FPV goggles: I too have thought of this but again it would likely be mostly impossible without some extreme coding knowledge.

VOICE ACTIVATE COMMANDS would be really nice. "Photo" "Video" "Pan Left" "Stop!" ... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic