Unlocking fly zones coming real soon?

Makes no sense. Have to renew over and over and over again every 3 days to fly in your own backyard? And it's error-ridden ******** is countered by signing up to use an error ridden restricted service and tell them their errors. Ridiculous.

Please explain what you mean by "consecutively apply" over and over again so a user can fly in an area like their own backyard.
And also provide evidence of your 90 day claim.

IMO that's why it's in BETA, join it, and report faults.
Please explain what you mean by "consecutively apply" over and over again so a user can fly in an area like their own backyard.
And also provide evidence of your 90 day claim.
You can consecutively apply, covering 90 days, just one application is what they're working on.
It'll be instant through the app and plus 24hrs through notification.

The default way to unlock is via the DJI Go app, if you have internet. That unlocking is instant, and good for 24 hours, and unlocking again is just a few taps. If you don't have internet, we have the flight planner on the website which lets you set up 3-day unlocking windows, and to have 30 flight plans. If you need 90 days you can "stack" them. We are evaluating the duration of all of these as part of the beta, as well as other approaches to enabling unlocking without an internet connection.
Quoted from DJI response on another forum.

Well there is hope then that DJI knows that their current proposed system is a ****-stained failure of convenience. Let's see how much of the smell they can remove from the "official" version of their inaccurate and overdrawn zones.

The default way to unlock is via the DJI Go app, if you have internet. That unlocking is instant, and good for 24 hours, and unlocking again is just a few taps. If you don't have internet, we have the flight planner on the website which lets you set up 3-day unlocking windows, and to have 30 flight plans. If you need 90 days you can "stack" them. We are evaluating the duration of all of these as part of the beta, as well as other approaches to enabling unlocking without an internet connection.
Quoted from DJI response on another forum.

I have seen many, many ideas written about a system where unlocks could unlock all yellow zones for a longer period of time once your identity is verified. And I sure wouldn't implement a system at all until the total overreach and incorrect expansions of yellow zones were corrected.

@Davphys, how would you approach building a system? New ideas are welcome I'm sure :)

So I came across this.

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Looks like it's going to get very shittttty for us. The zones are terrible. In some cases entires cities will need to be authorized each time you want to fly. An authorization is only valued for 3 days....
I'm so pissed after reading that page and all the trouble we will have to go through the to be able to fly.
If DJI continues to restrict and control our flying practices, how long will it take for them (DJI) to realize we, the buying customers, will look to other drone producers for our equipment. I don’t suggest to condone the idiots who fly around airports and airplanes or into high rise buildings in urban areas. But for DJI to program and control our equipment, for which we paid good money, without our permission or option choices, is pushing their luck. Hey DJI people, the internet is alive and even I can find another drone to buy. Hey, guys who have crashed or lost their Phantoms, now may be a good time to look around.

No. It's just made inconvenient and sometimes prohibitive. But people like "sticky photography" are happy to defend DJI in an obsequious and servile way.
I don't get in domestic disputes, lol still a little new to the community and need to earn my wings.
But, I can see in some cases it being a decent idea only because people who mean no ill will will go ahead and follow procedure, while the criminals will not. Its similar to the gun debate imho, I registered my weapon because I'm not a criminal, if I were, I wouldn't, that said, I live 10 miles away from the airport and 15 milked away from any government building to be in a yellow zone is stupid.

Get ready to have to gain authorization via Internet every time you want to fly and it will constantly be expiring. You'll get sick of it very quickly.

This was a good-intentioned idea that was implemented so poorly it would be almost humorous if it didn't affect thousand dollar purchases.

I don't get in domestic disputes, lol still a little new to the community and need to earn my wings.
But, I can see in some cases it being a decent idea only because people who mean no ill will will go ahead and follow procedure, while the criminals will not. that said, I live 10 miles away from the airport and 15 milked away from any government building to be in a yellow zone is stupid.

Get ready to have to gain authorization via Internet every time you want to fly and it will constantly be expiring. You'll get sick of it very quickly.

This was a good-intentioned idea that was implemented so poorly it would be almost humorous if it didn't affect thousand dollar purchases.
Well, it certainly helped me decide to wait for upgrading. I was going to get a p3a but was on the fence between the p3a or wringing for the p4 and getting a few accessories for my p3s. this just made the decision easy

I assuming the p3s doesn't have this garbage?
You might not end up getting a P4 when they are released. By that time the GoPro Karma will be out and from what I heard at CES it is some serious competition with a better than Lightbridge system.

And this GEO system is not a "guess". Look at the complaints of the users using it now. It is a 10:1 ratio of people saying their experience is mostly ruined and yellow zones are essentially everywhere.

The casual/hobbiest are not nearly as obtrusive as being a commercial/business pilot. You have to file flights planes to your region FAA office 3 days prior!

I assuming the p3s doesn't have this garbage?
You might not end up getting a P4 when they are released. By that time the GoPro Karma will be out and from what I heard at CES it is some serious competition with a better than Lightbridge system.
No, it does if its on the djigo app. But I cam start looking at the solo or yuneec and other platforms for the same price. dont get me wrong, I love my dji, its my first quad, but if I can't use my expensive toy the way I want, why have it?
Oh, and I hate proglo, -personal thing.

I appreciate that but it isn't completely germane to a critique of a hobby done for recreational purposes for no economic benefit with a $1k drone.

The casual/hobbiest are not nearly as obtrusive as being a commercial/business pilot. You have to file flights planes to your region FAA office 3 days prior!

I'm not a big fan of GoPro either but if their drone is better without all these restrictions, I'll take it.

No, it does if its on the djigo app. But I cam start looking at the solo or yuneec and other platforms for the same price. dont get me wrong, I love my dji, its my first quad, but if I can't use my expensive toy the way I want, why have it?
Oh, and I hate proglo, -personal thing.

I'm not a big fan of GoPro either but if their drone is better without all these restrictions, I'll take it.

Guess that'll come down to cost, the 3dr solo is the other drone I Like, camera wise yeah, ill have to bite the proglo bullet i guess

And all of these opinions are just that, a guess. The software is a 'beta', meaning they want people to try it and give feedback. So sign up and speak your piece. I guess that there will be limits on places unsafe to fly, but people should not be flying there anyway. As for the private party restricted airspace, UAS's are aircraft by FAA definition, I believe the courts would say something about people restricting aircraft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka